• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic band upgrade progress

We weren't going to get bands for our short August trip but then we saw someone on the forum say that the decline option was gone. So we took a look and sure enough it was. Since I didn't want to end up with grey bands with no name if we didn't select any, we chose 2 of the regular colors and personalized them. Still wonder why they no longer have the option to decline.
I just booked a July trip a few days ago and wanted to decline a new magic band. The option is still there, but it is in a different place. It took some searching, but I was finally able to decline. This was on the website, not the app.

Finally got my email that my upgraded magic bands are not coming. I looked at the ones available to buy and don't love any of them. I was on the phone with Disney for a long while trying to make sure I still get the original colored magic bands we had chosen. We will hopefully get an email soon that they will still be arriving before our trip.

Finally got my email that my upgraded magic bands are not coming. I looked at the ones available to buy and don't love any of them. I was on the phone with Disney for a long while trying to make sure I still get the original colored magic bands we had chosen. We will hopefully get an email soon that they will still be arriving before our trip.

Most of the ones you can buy are the same as the upgraded ones? I dont see the Villains one though.

I had limited edition MB’s for the family last November. Out of the four only me (father) lost his band. It disappeared on 7DMT. I went to customer service at MK court housecand informed them hoping someone would turn it in. They gave me a voucher and told me to go next door and find a replacement. I couldn’t find my Mickey with patriotic theme and so chose another. They activated my new band and deactivated my old band. In addition they sent my original Mickey back to me by mail several weeks later after it was turned in.

I was shocked that they did this (really didn’t expect a replacement) and really appreciated it.

I just booked a July trip a few days ago and wanted to decline a new magic band. The option is still there, but it is in a different place. It took some searching, but I was finally able to decline. This was on the website, not the app.
Well apparently now that it's been done, it can't be undone, so we are getting bands in both Aug and Nov. And yes this was done on the website. Glad you were still able to decline them!

Late October trip. Personalized our upgraded magic bands the first day they were offered and they are upstairs. Just waiting for our trip :)

I was hoping to do the upgraded band but my trip isnt until December so we have some time. If we end up with just plain (free) colors I'll just buy the stickers you can get on Etsy. They have a bunch of cute ones.

I find it pretty annoying that they have the same magic bands on the Disney store web site for full price yet when it comes to the upgrades they say they are unavailable???
I chatted with a cast member today and they say they aren't even sure if or when they would replenish them if at all.
Oh well another Disney flop

I find it pretty annoying that they have the same magic bands on the Disney store web site for full price yet when it comes to the upgrades they say they are unavailable???
I chatted with a cast member today and they say they aren't even sure if or when they would replenish them if at all.
Oh well another Disney flop
That is MASSIVELY irritating as I have been waiting and we had the notice pop up saying they were working as fast as they could to get them replenished. I will try not to get too angry since I can just buy some skins for our existing bands for less so I may just end up doing that.

I have said this before...have the option to decline the band and get a $15 egift crad so that you can purchase a band or whatever at shop Disney or the parks. Also, if your trip is more than 60 days away then you should not have the option to customize your bands. Just like FP window opens at 60 and dining window opens at 180. Just don't allow anyone to modify the bands until 60 days. And if you don't modify the bands then you get gray unless you decline then you get $15 egift card per band that you decline. If you get to the resort then decide you need a band then you buy one.

Hi, I just checked the website and as of right now (1:16pm Pacific Time) in addition to the traditional free solid colour bands, they have the Castle, Epcot Spaceship, Groot, Marvel Thanos, Minnie, Pirates, Socerer Mickey and Darth Vader up. :)

I was able to complete an order. Not all the bands I wanted (well my kids wanted) but they will survive. Now lets see if they actually ship...

I am so beyond ticked. I went in, added the 2 bands to my cart, paid, checked out and received a confirmation for one upgraded band. I called, they said they'd look into it and call back. Got a call back and message left saying what I had already told them and said I could alter my husband's...only I can't. Called them back and they said he's getting a gray one and no changes can be made. to the order. I am so beyond ticked right now as I waited a month after we renewed so I could upgrade our bands and now I got an upgraded band and my husband will have his 3rd gray one. I wish I could have just cancelled it and gotten no upgrades. I'll be ordering some magic band skins and never making this mistake again!

It was just showing 5 of the upgrade choices when I checked, but none of them are really of interest for me and our trip is so far out that I'd much rather wait and see if anything pops up in the future that I prefer. If not we'll just stick with out regular freebie ones. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter