Magic Bands Upgrade

I have a tracking number showing delivery on Tuesday, but oddly the pending charge disappeared and there is no charge for MB on my card at all anymore. And now I'm worried about what's in the package.

DITTO! Mine still shows that one band is greyed out on MDE and there are NO details in the shipping email. I am going to be really annoyed if they just sent grey bands if the upgrade was out of stock.

Ordered on Monday afternoon. Still no shipping/tracking number!
We don’t have one either. On MDE it still shows the upgraded bands in the little circles by our names though.

Our trip is in June so when we ordered on Monday it was our last day to customize under the old system.

Fingers crossed!

This is making me crazy. I ordered on Tuesday morning (tried on Monday but kept getting errors). I have the confirmation email, but the CC charge is still pending and I haven't gotten a shipping notification. When I go to the manage Magicband page, we only have old ones from previous trips showing up. When I click "edit," I get an error. Our trip is 42 days away, so we've got a little bit of time, but not a ton, and I'd really like to know if my order is going to be fulfilled or not, especially since I can't edit it if it's not going to be fulfilled. Ugh.

Okay so I am now understanding some guests's confusion and frustration. We are going with my in-laws and I am planning their stay. They don't want special ones so I ordered their free solid colored Magic Bands on Wednesday and got a confirmation email. Now I just logged in and it says I haven't chosen yet. I'm seeing all 8 solids and 7 special ones. I reordered the solids they wanted and got another confirmation email. We'll see if and when they get tracking numbers!

May I ask where you are seeing that screenshot (app/website and which menu option)? Whether I look on the app or website, I'm not seeing the magicbands (regular or the ones I ordered) on the icons the way yours are showing.

After logging into MyDisneyExperience I hover over the MyDisneyExperience logo on the far right of the top bar on the page. Then click on My MagicBands and Cards.

I have a tracking number showing delivery on Tuesday, but oddly the pending charge disappeared and there is no charge for MB on my card at all anymore. And now I'm worried about what's in the package.
I have noticed with all disney charges that they charge you asap, then the charge drops off and after a couple days or so it comes back. Seems to be consistent with all charges I make with disney.

i just got a text update that mine will arrive today by 8pm. I've seen on Facebook some people already got theirs. So that is how it went for some of us.
That's great and I'm happy for you but it wasn't first come first served. It was whomever got the site to work was served. It should have been first come first served. Or even better it should have been that if you are within a certain window of your trip you get first pick because you're going in June and the people in November have to wait their turn.

I ordered mine Monday at around 2pm after fighting with the website all morning. The magic bands showed normally online and I got the shipping notification at 5:41 this am. Our trip is Aug 13, 81 days away!

I ordered mine Monday at around 2pm after fighting with the website all morning. The magic bands showed normally online and I got the shipping notification at 5:41 this am. Our trip is Aug 13, 81 days away!
I can see why Disney is shipping the upcharge bands early. They likely don't want to have to warehouse product for later shipping. (Or have to
keep the same upcharge bands in stock all the time.)

Looks like I had to access the bands via incognito mode. Aaaan there are only four magic band options: Belle, goofy, mickey and rainbow mickey.

The supply has dwindled, but they do have a note saying that is temporary due to overwhelming demand.

Here’s my question. If you order one upgraded band and 3 complimentary solid color bands will all 4 bands ship together? Or will the upgraded band ship right away and the complimentary bands ship closer to checkin like they always have?? Anyone know?

Here’s my question. If you order one upgraded band and 3 complimentary solid color bands will all 4 bands ship together? Or will the upgraded band ship right away and the complimentary bands ship closer to checkin like they always have?? Anyone know?
They pictures I've seen on facebook show one package. Some have had plain bands along with the upgraded ones. I assume they are shipping them all together. Can't imagine Disney will pay twice to ship orders separately.

The more I think about it, the thing that irks me the most is the lack of communication. It’s looking more and more like I’m not getting the castle magicband I ordered...the charge which had been showing up as going through on my credit card is now listed as pending, yet the only communication I have from Disney is my confirmation email I got right after ordering on Monday morning. If I wasn’t following these boards, I would never even think that something might not be right, usually when I select my magicband I don’t ever look back at that page afterwards. So I would have gotten the plain one at some point and have been very surprised and really annoyed!

I can’t even imagine treating my own clients this way. If I told my client I would provide them something, then fail to communicate with them that what I had already confirmed they would receive they suddenly wouldn’t, and just let them find out on their own at the end of the project that surprise, they’re not getting what was expected, they would never hire me again! We would be out of business if we ran the company like this.

So yeah, just my two cents after a long long week of dealing with difficult clients….maybe that’s why this bugs me so much!

The more I think about it, the thing that irks me the most is the lack of communication. It’s looking more and more like I’m not getting the castle magicband I ordered...the charge which had been showing up as going through on my credit card is now listed as pending, yet the only communication I have from Disney is my confirmation email I got right after ordering on Monday morning. If I wasn’t following these boards, I would never even think that something might not be right, usually when I select my magicband I don’t ever look back at that page afterwards. So I would have gotten the plain one at some point and have been very surprised and really annoyed!

I can’t even imagine treating my own clients this way. If I told my client I would provide them something, then fail to communicate with them that what I had already confirmed they would receive they suddenly wouldn’t, and just let them find out on their own at the end of the project that surprise, they’re not getting what was expected, they would never hire me again! We would be out of business if we ran the company like this.

So yeah, just my two cents after a long long week of dealing with difficult clients….maybe that’s why this bugs me so much!

I completely agree! I am CONVINCED this is going to happen. I am supposed to have 4 upgraded bands coming. I have a strong gut feeling that I will get 3 character and 1 grey. All I have gotten from Disney is a correct confirmation email and a shipping email only with tracking number. In my MDE I see one band greyed out and I also noticed the name for engraving is in all caps. I called Disney today and the CM told me he believes its a visual error and that whatever was in my confirmation email is what I will get. I am not so convinced that he is right. Time will tell.

I just checked and the only choices I had were the usual free ones. No upgraded ones available.

Mine shipped, and like most others I am thinking we are going to get 2 upgraded appropriately and 2 plain ones based on the smal icon photos I see on MDE, instead of 4 upgraded ones like I ordered and got confirmation for. I’ll find out soon enough I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter