Magic of Membership Holiday Reception Chicago Nov 19th-20th

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Today I got an invite to a Magic of Membership Holiday Reception at the Fairmont hotel in Chicago... Anyone going??? I just got the notice today in the mail.... No cruise info, but I am tickled about this event... The Fairmont is a swell hotel....

So Who's going?

We received it too as well as a mailing about the Member Cruise.

What is this? I am only 2.5 hours from Downtown Chicago and it would be fun to go. What is it about and what happens?

I plan to be there on Sunday with my youngest daughter. Perhaps I will get a chance to meet some other Dis members.

We're thinking about going on Saturday. Our invite and the Member's Cruise invite showed up in the mail today. I wish we could go on the cruise (our 20th anniversary will be during the cruise, but there's no way (sniff). Maybe we'll see some of you there. :wave:

I got the Member Cruise mailing yesterday or today, but nothing on the Holiday Reception and I'm less than an hour from downtown!

Could someone please post the details?

The event is from 10-2 both Saturday and Sunday at the Fairmont Hotel in downtown Chicago.... You must call MS to reserve a spot, but it doesnt mention any fees involved.

I am going to go on Sunday... maybe with DH and the kids, maybe without.....

From talking to a couple of friends, there are apparently two different invites. Mine mentioned both Saturday and Sunday. The other invite only mentions Sunday. It appears that they are inviting prospective members only to the Sunday get together.

Saturday will be a zoo downtown. Either get there early (parking lots will fill up quickly) or take public transportation. A million people usually show up to see the parade and the lighting of all the trees down Michigan Avenue (turned on by Mickey!). Disney puts on a show a couple of times a day and there are all kinds of booths set up in the plaza next to the Tribune Bldg.

I'm wondering if they will have preferred viewing of the parade (which would be cool) since to get a first row seat you need to line up 1 to 1 1/2 hrs ahead of time (just like WDW)!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Cyn

We RSVP'd today for the event. We will be there Sunday @ 10am. There are 2 receptions each day: 10am and 2pm. Each one is 2 hours long. They said to bring your camera and that there would be entertainment and food. Sounds like a lot of fun!

We too just RSVP'ed for the 10 am Sunday reception. Light snacks, beverages, bring camera, speical guests, Spiecal Member update.... I CANT WAIT!!!!

We're thinking about going as well. Probably an afternoon as we usually can't get our crew up and moving that early, but who knows. Will post after DH (Joepoe) and I figure it out. A trip to the American Girl Store and TDS on Michigan Ave might tempt them.

We also got the Member Cruise info yesterday.

We are going Sat at 10am. I called and they said there is a 10-2 or I could go from 2-4?? Never heard about the second time being available. She said the 2-4 is for both Sat and Sunday.

We are going to the Member event, then to look at the windows at Marshall Fields since this could be the last Christmas for Fields.. :::: Sniff sniff::::

The reception is on Nov. 19/20. MS is closing early for training on Friday, Nov. 18th. Hmmm...do you think there's any connection between the two? Wonder what kind of member updates there will be?

We will also be checking out the windows at MF and then over to the American Girl store, the Hershey store and the Disney store on State St.

They told us when we RSVP'd that they would be also having door prizes. Sounds like fun!

There is a Hershey Store on State Street??? How in the world did I miss this??

Anywho, anyone have any good info on where to park? Do they have valet at the Fairmont and would we be able to use it for the event even if we aren't staying there? How much?

If anyone knows! Thanks!

Fairmont has valet.... my guess is it would be at least 20 bucks... at least. We are going to park near Marshall Fields in a parking garage on Randolf between wabash and state street... and walk the 4-6 blocks to the hotel. That way we will be closer to where we are ending up when we head back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter