Magic of Membership Holiday Reception Chicago Nov 19th-20th

I think I'll see if hubby willl go.... would DD=7 have fun too?

FYI - If coming in union station, could also take 151 bus up that way....

I work at 325 N. michigan, so even could stop in a get a few things done... (just kidding...).

Goldi

So is Sat the 19th the time to go?

goldilocks_63 said:
I think I'll see if hubby willl go.... would DD=7 have fun too?

FYI - If coming in union station, could also take 151 bus up that way....

I work at 325 N. michigan, so even could stop in a get a few things done... (just kidding...).

Goldi

So is Sat the 19th the time to go?

I'm taking both of my girls, DD7 and DD3. I'm assuming that since they told us to be sure and bring our camera that they will have characters. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo We can't make it on Saturday so we RSVP'd for Sunday.

cobbler said:
There is a Hershey Store on State Street??? How in the world did I miss this??

The Hershey store is new and it is near American Girl, not on State. It is always a fun stop.

This made me think how nice it would be for Disney to have a hotel in each major city that you could reserve on points exactly like you do your home resort. I would love to be able to stay downtown for a week or even a few days. And we vacation in San Francisco too. Not just exchanges, but actual "Hotel Disney"s. I'm not sure we'll be able to go. Any exciting updates will be on the board right away right?

And we're thinking of going this sunday?

Any ideas how to get on the RSVP for tomorrow?

Goldi

goldilocks_63--It's next weekend! I think we're going on Saturday. We'll probably take the train in and cab it over to the hotel. Having just come back from WDW, I have recently discovered the convenience of cabs (cheaper than renting a car there).

I;ll go look at the invite. I thought my invite had both this and next weekend....?

Goldi

Hi Lucy, i think we are going sunday. i am trying to book a overnight downtown with no luck. I want to go and make it a weekend. :flower:

Maybe try priceline.com for a hotel???

I thought of spending the night too... but just decided to drive it or train.

Let me know if you decide to stay, and where you'll be....

Did you try the fairmont where the event is being held? Sometimes they have discount rates for people attending conventions.

Goldi

We hotwired a hotel and got the SOfitel for 89 a night.... it is around the corner from Fairmont, and a lovely hotel right on the river.

BTW if you priceline... check out www.biddingfortravel.com first...

We can do a

:thewave: SINGLE DIGIT DANCE:thewave:

for the

Magic Of Membership Holiday Reception!!!
I really cant wait....

I will start a list of who is going when if ya'll like... just repost your time...

Did anyone have luck getting a hotel for Saturday night? A lot of the rooms I found had a 2 night min. stay or were over $200.

We will be there Sunday @ 10am.

Just got off the phone with MS - we'll also be there at 2 PM on Sat.!! Can't wait!!! (and now I know I'll get some Garrett's caramel corn too... ohh Saturday hurry up!!!)
Pat :wave:

We signed up for Saturday at 10:00. I hope the weather is nice. How would you get there from Union Station? Could you walk?

I think the Fairmont is too far to walk from Union Station. it's east of Michigan Ave. We thought about taking the train, too, but since we convinced some friends to come with us, we'll drive. We signed up for Saturday at 10am! Can't wait. I also want to go to Garrett's--I hope the line isn't too long.

rigsby25 said:
We signed up for Saturday at 10:00. I hope the weather is nice. How would you get there from Union Station? Could you walk?

No, it's too long of a walk. However, there is a free trolley service that leaves from Union station every "20 to 30 minutes" (according to the web site). It's the "red circle" trolley which makes stops at Marshall Fields and Millenium Park, as well as Nordstroms and Water Tower Place (as well as a few other stops which I can't remember right now).
Pat
:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter