Mandymouse's Pop'ping, Dream'ing with a touch of Pink Trippy (COMPLETE)

Some great family pictures there Mandy!

A very mixed day thanks to the silly weather! :goodvibes

Just catching' up
Some great photo's during the days. :thumbsup2
DW tried a couple of Lapu Lapu's and got the taste, and following on from your recommendations, he is also now a fan of Rosa Regale. :laughing:

Just catching up, fab report so far. :goodvibes

I love the pics of Stitch wearing the R2D2 hat. :love: I love Luis' Real Men wear mickey ears t shirt, do you know where he got it?

Wednesday 7th September, ‘11

We didn’t rush up this morning, but were still awake for 7.45am, and left around 8.30am for 9am opening at Disney Hollywood Studios. First stop was Toy Story Mania, where Becky whopped us all. As there was a very small line to see Buzz and Woody, we joined it and got some photopass pics taken

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

Next we saw Lightning McQueen and Mater, then we rode Star Tours where we all were surprised to see Kerry’s photo on the screen as she was the rebel spy (lol). We then went down to see Phineas & Ferb, which was lots of fun as the crowd were being entertained while we waited

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

DSCN4104.jpg

We all split up for a while, Bek & Luis went to the Art of Animation and back on Star Tours a few times, Kerry & Bex rode RockNRollerCoaster and got some food, and Paul & I rode RnRc twice and Tower of Terror

DSC_0687.jpg

We left DHS around midday as we needed to start packing for our stay at Ron Jon’s at Port Canaveral tonight and our 3 night cruise

We piled into the car around 1.30pm and an hour later we arrived at Ron Jon’s Resort. We had a lovely big suite overlooking the pools, which we were all very happy with

DSCN4106.jpg

DSCN4109.jpg

DSCN4108.jpg

DSCN4110.jpg

DSCN4111.jpg

We all got changed and relaxed by the pool, and the kids (who were later joined by Paul) enjoyed several laps on the lazy river

DSCN4115.jpg

DSCN4126.jpg

After an hour or so by the pools we got showers, and within a few minutes we saw the pools empty as a storm approached. It absolutely poured down, so we jumped in the car and drove down to the Ron Jon’s store, where I bought a top (Yay !!), Paul bought a shirt and Bek got a couple of things. Once back at the resort Paul & I enjoyed a cocktail at the Tiki pool bar

DSC_0696.jpg

DSCN4133.jpg

When we got back we had dinner in the resort restaurant, which turned out to be a huge mistake as the service was terrible, especially as there weren’t that many tables being used. We waited ages for someone to take our order and when the food finally came, no-one really enjoyed it. I was so disappointed, as Paul & I had had a lovely meal the last time we were there, I really wish we had taken the kids to Grills (next time we will !)

DSCN4138.jpg

Around 10pm Paul & I headed back to the Tiki Bar, but it was closed, so we grabbed a cocktail in the restaurant bar, but we just had the one as there was no-one else around

Just catching up with your fab trip report

You all look sooooo happy in the photos :goodvibes

Mandy another fab day the pics are fab! I can't wait to meet Phineas and Ferb!I too would love to know where Luis got the t shirt!!

Thursday 8th September, ‘11

Paul woke me around 4.45am as the Disney Dream was heading towards the estuary and back to the port, as he was monitoring it on-line (saddo !! – lol). Our room had a perfect view of the Dream as it passed along the shoreline

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

Once she had passed by our room (we could also see her at the mouth of the estuary), we jumped in the car and drove up to a car park near Grills and Fishlips restaurants and Paul took lots of photos

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0826.jpg

Once she had docked at the port, we drove past, then went back to the hotel for a couple of hours

We all got up around 8ish and started packing. There was supposed to be a rocktet launch that morning (which we would've seen from our balcony), but sadly it postponed. We left around 10am and took some photos where Paul & I had been at silly o'clock that morning

DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0835.jpg

DSC_0839.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

Next we went to McDonalds for breakfast, though I was too excited to eat, then we drove to the DCL terminal

DSC_0844.jpg

Cont'd ..

We arrived at the Port around 10.45am and we were pleased to see that you could drive into the terminal and drop off our luggage

Once our luggage was taken away and we tipped the porter, we decided to all park the car and enter the terminal from the car park. We parked outside and took the lift up to level 3. We had our passports checked and walked over the walkway to security

DSCN4150.jpg

DSCN4151.jpg

The Non-US line only had one family ahead of us, so it wasn't long till we were all called over. It did take the guy a long time to check us all in, and of course it didn't help that we had two Rebecca's in our group. Eventually we were given our boarding numbers. #1 for me & Paul, #3 for Kerry & Bex and # 4 for Becky & Luis. (I overheard a family checking in next to us being given boarding # 40 as they hadn't checked in on-line)

It was only 11.15am and our numbers had already been called, we quickly took some photos in the terminal and outside on the deck, then went through to board.

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0850.jpg

DSCN4152.jpg

DSCN4153.jpg

DSC_0855.jpg

Unfortunately when Becky went to have her room key swiped, it was Bex's photo that came up, so we had to wait to the side to have her photo taken again (there was also another few families having the same problems :confused3)

We didn't have to wait long to get Becky's photo taken, so within no time we had our Embarkation photo taken and we were welcomed aboard the Disney Dream as the 'Hallendale Family' (a mixture of all our surnames - lol)

DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

First we took the lift up to Deck 11 and into Cabanas, we found some seats and everyone went off to get some food while I looked after their carry-ons. When they came back I went to Flo's Café for some tuna wraps and fruit

After lunch we split up, the kids went off to explore and Paul & I found some loungers in the adult area on deck 12

DSCN4164.jpg

DSCN4166.jpg

It was really hot today, so we only sat out for an hour, though we did enjoy our first Bahama Mama of the cruise, then we went off to find our stateroom at 1.30pm, where we found our Castaway Club gift waiting for us

DSCN4274.jpg

DSC_0904.jpg

DSC_0901.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSCN4171.jpg

At 4pm we went to the Muster Drill. Our station was H which was on Deck 4. It felt like it took ages with so many people out there, and especially in the heat, but hey-ho it has to be done, and at least we don't have to stand out there in our life vests anymore

While waiting for the drill to finish we heard an emergency announcement made 'brightstar, brightstar' on one of the stairwells. After the drill we went back to the room and quickly showered then went up to Deck 12 for the sailaway party.

DSC_0972.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

DSC_0976.jpg

DSCN4215.jpg

It was packed up there, and we couldn't see much. The ships horn sounded at 5pm, but we didn't leave the port. After 10 minutes or so, someone was stretchered off the ship (I assume this was the person who had needed medical attention during the muster drill). I felt so sad for the person and their family, but I hope they were OK

Suddenly it began to rain, so we went down to Deck 4 to take some pics, then we quickly went back to the room to get changed for dinner as we were on early dining

DSCN4217.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

Tonight we were in the Royal Palace, and our table was right next to the window, and we met our dining team. The food tonight was probably the best I've ever had in a cruise dining room. I started with Belle's French onion soup, and the others had duck or shrimp. For our mains Paul & I had the rack of lamb, Kerry had a Wild Boar Tenderloin and the others had the Beef Tenderloin with Lobster Medallions and our server was happy to organise fries instead of veggies for the kids

DSCN4220.jpg

DSCN4224.jpg

DSCN4228.jpg

DSCN4229.jpg

DSCN4231.jpg

DSCN4232.jpg

DSCN4233.jpg

DSCN4234.jpg

To finish off, Paul, Kerry & I had Strawberry Shortcake Sundae, Bex had Grand Marnier Souffle, Luis had Peanut Butter Mousse and to everyone's amusement Becky had a Mickey Bar with sprinkles :rotfl:

After dinner we took some photos in the atrium, then got changed into something more comfortable for wandering around the ship.

DSCN4242.jpg

DSCN4235.jpg

DSCN4247.jpg

We met Captain Mickey, then went to the place I was soooooo looking forward to .. Pink.

DSCN4254.jpg

DSCN4255.jpg

DSCN4256.jpg

DSCN4261.jpg

DSCN4262.jpg

DSCN4272.jpg

We had a glass of Champagne (which Paul wasn't that impressed with .. so I had to finish his off too), then we wandered around some of the other bars, though really, really enjoyed the Skyline Lounge before heading off to bed, and finding our towel animal and Castaway Club gift

DSCN4251.jpg

Another great day Mandy, I love your dress it was lovely. Great pics. Feel awful for that family who had to get off.

Been really looking forward to reading the cruise part Mandy:thumbsup2, your dress is lovely:lovestruc

What a shame Paul didnt like his champagne:lmao:, really looking forward to reading morepopcorn::popcorn::

Mandy, We are enjoying reading your trip report and seeing photos of the Dream we will be on the Fantasy in June... Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter