• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

My training is still progressing, and while I'm not where I want to be yet, I'm ready for Dopey in other ways:

I designed it myself (aside from stealing an image online) and had it made in Korea when my friend was there. It is based on the Blackhawks NHL jersey but with Dopey colors...a bit big on me, but for a Hockey sweater it works. I wish the Dopey was a bit bigger, so maybe next time I'll have them enlarge it. Hopefully we have some cold weather for the runs because this will come in handy - though I wouldn't actually wear it for the marathon. :) If you see me wearing this - say hi!

View attachment 278353 View attachment 278354
really cool!

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week!

As always Sundays are for Disney...

Today’s question: within the next week or so it will be Fastpass day for most of us. Is there one Fastpass you are looking to get for your Racecation?

My answer: I can’t believe it’s FP day soon. I feel like time is flying by. I really need to sit down and look at my days but of course I’m hoping to get at least one day with Flight of Passage. It’s such an incredible attraction if you haven’t been on it yet. Other than that I’ll take what I get at the other parks.

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great week!

As always Sundays are for Disney...

Today’s question: within the next week or so it will be Fastpass day for most of us. Is there one Fastpass you are looking to get for your Racecation?

My answer: I can’t believe it’s FP day soon. I feel like time is flying by. I really need to sit down and look at my days but of course I’m hoping to get at least one day with Flight of Passage. It’s such an incredible attraction if you haven’t been on it yet. Other than that I’ll take what I get at the other parks.

My day to pick is Nov 4. I have the alarm set. Definitely Flight of Passage (for Friday), since it's new---and just read that one of my FB friends waited 3 hours, 10 minutes to get on yesterday!! :crazy2:

I think FOP will be a top priority. I've had no luck for W&D so hopefully January will be easier as the party goes from 5 to 2!

Haven't been to Pandora yet so then like most everyone else it's Flight of Passage. I need to get our park days all figured out too, I only know we will be at EPCOT the morning of the half so we can spectate.

I have a quick trip this weekend for F&W (woohoo - that AP was burning a hole in my pocket) and we were able to get FOP FP+ at around the 45-day mark by checking randomly over and over. So pressure is off for that one for marathon weekend if I can’t get it for some reason. The challenge for me is going to be deciding how I want to time our FP+ since this trip will feature many partial days in the parks (8!) versus my usual trips of 3-4 full days.

Another half marathon completed and I'm still battling leg cramps. They started when I ran my first marathon a couple of years ago, and I always get them the last couple miles of the race. I don't know if it's because I never run the race distance during my training, if it's hydration, or if it's something else. I always feel like I've trained properly, having never gotten leg cramps during my training runs. But as soon as I hit a distance during a race that is longer then my training runs, the cramps start coming on. They've always been in either my hamstrings or calves. Has anyone else dealt with this and have suggestions on what I could try? A friend of mine suggested rubbing magnesium oil into my legs. Has anyone tried this with any success?
If time goals aren't a big issue, I would go to a run/walk interval. I had the same problem when trying to run the the entire 26.2, but switched to run/walk and haven't had any cramping issues since. Added benefit, I ran faster times too.

FoP - only my wife and I have ridden it (about 20 times so far). The rest of our group will experience it for the first time in January. Other than that - Splash. It is going down again in the middle of my trip after being down for an extended refurb in the fall, which tells me that Disney has lost its mind.

Sundays are for Disney:

We’re staying offsite, so we’re pretty screwed on Fastpasses. No FoP, 7DMT, FEA, and probably a few more. I was lucky to be able to ride FoP and River Journey by arriving for park open during my MNSSHP trip a few weeks ago. Not sure if that’s going to be an option for Marathon Week. I’ll have more than just me in my party and motivating some of them will probably be difficult. Even if I can, the crowds will be larger and some of my group is like herding cats; if I can get them moving at the right time, there’s no guarantee I can get them efficiently moving in the right direction.

So, we'll get the old stand-bys at most parks: Everest, The Mountains, RnRC, ToT, Test Track (we're a TT over Soarin' family) and I'll be looking forward to all of them.

Definitely looking, like everyone else, for a FOP FP. I have 2 days planned at AK so I'm hoping to beable to score 1. However, the first day I am solo and the second day I am trying to make plans for 3 of us-I'm not feeling too confident for on that one.

FOP is the number one priority. Planning on going to MK for rope drop after the 5K and then hopping over to AK after lunch. I don’t really care what time the FP is for as long as i can get it.

I'm having a major bummer day. I've been procrastinating registering for the Castaway Cay Challenge because I heard last year they were still selling spots at the expo, and now it's sold out. That was one of my reasons for doing the cruise and now feeling frustrated with myself :(

ATTQOTD:FoP for sure. AK is the only park we are doing, maybe I’ll go to MK Monday morning but right now FoP is the only thing DH and I both ride in that park that needs a FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter