Marathon Weekend 2018

@rteetz, great news!! Happy for you and know you will put the AP to great use! We skipped APs this year, but in hindsight, it would have been a way better value, especially with the 13-month deal they had last year - just couldn't commit at the time. Now need to decide for this upcoming trip . . . won't tag mateojr here because I know his vote! :)

Does the marathon medal have a double ribbon? I can't tell if I'm seeing double or what. o_O

Oh wow good call yeah what's happening there?

Maybe one is the legacy ribbon?

When I checked out the medals at Chicago I asked about the second ribbon. Guy said it was supposedly for runners who have done it 10 years or more but I honestly think he was getting confused on the definition of legacy since that seems like an odd qualifier

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but this will be my first rundisney event (doing the 5K). Does anybody know when we get more information about race day? The website says they will email us three months prior to the event but we have gone past that point and I haven't had any emails. Thanks in advance for advise.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but this will be my first rundisney event (doing the 5K). Does anybody know when we get more information about race day? The website says they will email us three months prior to the event but we have gone past that point and I haven't had any emails. Thanks in advance for advise.
What kind of info are you looking for?

What kind of info are you looking for?

I don't have any specific information that I'm looking for right now, I'm just a very OCD planner. So if RunDisney says an info email will come then I like to get it so I know 100% all there is to know. I guess I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it somehow.

They’re pretty bad about emailing stuff. I’d highly recommend looking for 2017’s Event Guide (should pop up on Google) and Marathon Weekend trip reports. 2018’s program won’t be posted until probably December.

My training is still progressing, and while I'm not where I want to be yet, I'm ready for Dopey in other ways:

I designed it myself (aside from stealing an image online) and had it made in Korea when my friend was there. It is based on the Blackhawks NHL jersey but with Dopey colors...a bit big on me, but for a Hockey sweater it works. I wish the Dopey was a bit bigger, so maybe next time I'll have them enlarge it. Hopefully we have some cold weather for the runs because this will come in handy - though I wouldn't actually wear it for the marathon. :) If you see me wearing this - say hi!

dfront.jpg dback.jpg

My training is still progressing, and while I'm not where I want to be yet, I'm ready for Dopey in other ways:

I designed it myself (aside from stealing an image online) and had it made in Korea when my friend was there. It is based on the Blackhawks NHL jersey but with Dopey colors...a bit big on me, but for a Hockey sweater it works. I wish the Dopey was a bit bigger, so maybe next time I'll have them enlarge it. Hopefully we have some cold weather for the runs because this will come in handy - though I wouldn't actually wear it for the marathon. :) If you see me wearing this - say hi!

View attachment 278353 View attachment 278354

This is AMAZING :love:

Not a hockey fan really but that is pretty awesome!

I don't have any specific information that I'm looking for right now, I'm just a very OCD planner. So if RunDisney says an info email will come then I like to get it so I know 100% all there is to know. I guess I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed it somehow.
If you have specific questions you’re best to ask here. RunDisney emails aren’t exactly great. The digital race guide will have course info and expo in it but that won’t come out until just before race weekend.

That's really cool!

sweet!

You could also have someone hand it to you in Epcot and wear it the last .5 miles to the finish, rather then the whole race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter