Marathon Weekend 2018

I wondered if they'd continue the recent trend of fewer corrals with a few GIANT corrals at the back... yep. Also note the verbiage about "mini-waves" being used.
This is what NYRR has started to do with their races. It gives lots of time for the elites up front to clear the road. They’ve cut the amount of corrals and have about 3 waves.

Ugh, I'm so mad at myself - I was planning on signing up for race retreat for the full, but never did, and now I've missed my chance. Is there any likelihood of more spots opening up? Now I'm stressed! This will be my first full, and I wasn't planning on being outside in the cold for hours beforehand :mad:

So here is the waiver link for last year. Who can work their magic and find the one for this year? Because I’m worse than a kid on Christmas morning and I’m too excited and can’t wait.

https://www.trackshackresults.com/disneysports/waivers/wavr17wdw/verify.php

Registration doesn't officially close for TAs and Charity Providers until the 13th, so there won't be anything active until then. Since the waiver page is a database, you won't be able to "find" anything until they actually make the database accessible in the directory of the site.

Ok makes sense. I thought I remembers the tape from last January's mini waves.

I seem to remember some sort of tape in my corral on at least one day in January to split the starts. Pretty sure it was for the 5k or the 10k. I don't remember how it all worked though. It was 5:30 in the morning so cut me some slack.

I seem to remember some sort of tape in my corral on at least one day in January to split the starts. Pretty sure it was for the 5k or the 10k. I don't remember how it all worked though. It was 5:30 in the morning so cut me some slack.

Prolly should just stay up the night before so you'll be more aware!!

To that point the page for Dopey tries to describe the bib colors and comes up with purple, blue, and white while also trying to explain the perfect Dopey process. Hope you perfect Dopeys have your thinking caps on when you read it because it was a blur of words.

Looks like:

Non-Perfect Dopey - Green = 5k/10k bib and White = HM/M bib. Take picture at expo with White bib.
Perfect Dopey - Blue = 5k/10k bib and Purple = HM/M bib. Take picture at expo with Purple bib.

They definitely used tape during Dark Side, at least in whatever corral I started in (which I can't remember :confused3).

Sooooooo, while my long run training is not going too well, my short run training is doing great. So I might not be ready for the marathon like I wanted but I will be for the 5k/10k!!!

Oh, and btw, I have great news - I am in a relationship!!!! With the most beautiful and smartest girl! I am so lucky and this comes after being such an idiot earlier. I am happy...I only wish she didn't have to work and could join me on Marathon weekend - 2019 for sure!

Sooooooo, while my long run training is not going too well, my short run training is doing great. So I might not be ready for the marathon like I wanted but I will be for the 5k/10k!!!

Oh, and btw, I have great news - I am in a relationship!!!! With the most beautiful and smartest girl! I am so lucky and this comes after being such an idiot earlier. I am happy...I only wish she didn't have to work and could join me on Marathon weekend - 2019 for sure!

That's so exciting - across all items!!

And don't stress the longer distances ... one of my girlfriends is doing Dopey in 2018 and after that? It's the year of the 5K! She wants to do whatever she can to podium races! She's even the one that brought up us doing the shipwreck slide at Yacht & Beach during the Marathon before we head into Epcot.

Love to see actual participants with smiles on their faces...

LOL (at myself). I am the opposite.

I get tired of marathon advertising material (not just Disney), where everyone is happy, care-free, and getting 3 feet of air in a picture.

I'd rather see tired, grumpy, sweaty, near-death people with a look of confusion on their face. I can provide lots of pictures if they need them.

LOL (at myself). I am the opposite.

I get tired of marathon advertising material (not just Disney), where everyone is happy, care-free, and getting 3 feet of air in a picture.

I'd rather see tired, grumpy, sweaty, near-death people with a look of confusion on their face. I can provide lots of pictures if they need them.

I have lots of grumpy photos! Its a joke in our house how my husband always takes the best race photos and I look like I want to kill someone.

The whole White Bib thing really has just prepared me for the fact that we're getting some super-retro Miami Vice-esque merch/shirts this year.

Please don't let the pre-order jacket be horriawful.
I'm very excited for the green bib but the white just made me cringe.
I have lots of grumpy photos! Its a joke in our house how my husband always takes the best race photos and I look like I want to kill someone.
I always used to have that trouble. Now if I see a photographer I try to smile so I don't look dead inside.
Looks like:

Non-Perfect Dopey - Green = 5k/10k bib and White = HM/M bib. Take picture at expo with White bib.
Perfect Dopey - Blue = 5k/10k bib and Purple = HM/M bib. Take picture at expo with Purple bib.
You are far better at reading that than I was. How does the corral mess with your theorized spreadsheets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter