Marathon Weekend 2018

Finally got around to this. Better late than never right?

We are about to head to WDW for Christmas and I am excited!

Race - 5k
Name (optional) - Raymond
DIS Name - raymondc
Costume - The race shirt most likely, unless cold weather dictates otherwise
Corral - C
Planning to attend the Pre-race meet up? - Maybe
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - middle
Expected Pace - 13:30 mile

Race - 10k
DIS Name - raymondc
Corral - C

Race - Half
DIS Name - raymondc
Corral - D

Race - Full
DIS Name - raymondc
Costume - Mickey socks. Does that count?
Corral - D

I got my run in and it was glorious. It was the first time I'd been outside (except to and from the car) in a week. I saw a coyote. I sweated honest sweat instead of nervous sweat. I smelled stink runner smells instead of hospital smells.

We moved my mom to a care facility 2 nights ago. I won't go into the exact diagnosis, but she's not coming home and she's not getting any better.

Now that the situation is stabilized, my Dopey start chances are increasing. Don't mistake 'stabilized' for 'good'.

I’ll be sending good thoughts to you and your family during this time ... my Mom went through something similar this summer with her father, about two weeks before my cousin’s wedding. It’s never an easy situation, but hopefully they can make her comfortable until any pain and suffering can finally cease for good.

I got my run in and it was glorious. It was the first time I'd been outside (except to and from the car) in a week. I saw a coyote. I sweated honest sweat instead of nervous sweat. I smelled stink runner smells instead of hospital smells.

We moved my mom to a care facility 2 nights ago. I won't go into the exact diagnosis, but she's not coming home and she's not getting any better.

Now that the situation is stabilized, my Dopey start chances are increasing. Don't mistake 'stabilized' for 'good'.

I am so sorry to hear that. I will be praying for you and your entire family.

Getting this one in early! I’m on my way home from Lambeau after a depressing last Packer home game. So weird seeing them play for nothing in December.

Anyways...

Sundays are for Disney: is Disney involved in your holidays at all? From Christmas decor, disney Christmas movies, anything Disney and holiday related works.

My answer: well we can start outside, with my 5 Disney related inflatables, my light show has let it go in its playlist, and I have a monorail. Inside we have Disney ornaments, Disney stockings, Disney lights, Disney wreaths, etc. I do tend to watch a good amount of Disney Christmas movies as well. On Christmas morning I always watch the Christmas special even though it’s gotten worse over the years.

Getting this one in early! I’m on my way home from Lambeau after a depressing last Packer home game. So weird seeing them play for nothing in December.

Anyways...

Sundays are for Disney: is Disney involved in your holidays at all? From Christmas decor, disney Christmas movies, anything Disney and holiday related works.

My answer: well we can start outside, with my 5 Disney related inflatables, my light show has let it go in its playlist, and I have a monorail. Inside we have Disney ornaments, Disney stockings, Disney lights, Disney wreaths, etc. I do tend to watch a good amount of Disney Christmas movies as well. On Christmas morning I always watch the Christmas special even though it’s gotten worse over the years.

My wife has a tradition of buying a Disney ornament during each trip to WDW, so those are up on our tree. Not necessarily a tradition, but there have often been Disney-themed gifts over the years. This year, my wife is getting a photo from our last trip in a Disney frame.

Happy holidays, runDisney all-stars!!

Drats! I will be living my second marathon weekend to the fullest because I found out Friday that when I come back, I’ll be having surgery on my ankle because I tore a ligament (thus explaining why running has literally been kind of a pain lately)
Ready to have a blast starting in 1 week!

SAFD: Only a few ornaments on the tree from various trips. I'll occasionally listen to the Disney Holiday station on Pandora (love the Phinneas and Ferb 12 Days of Christmas version) our favorite Disney Christmas special is the Jim Carey version of A Christmas Carol.

My dad was named Wilbur. All this time I never knew he was a grasshopper! Let alone Goofy's pet grasshopper!:)
Cool! It's always been one of my favorite cartoons.

Like 95.9% of our Christmas decor/ornaments/etc. are Disney. Watched Mickey's Christmas Carol cause it's the best Chritmas Carol. We really enjoyed the Holiday Decorating special they just had on. We will DVR/watch the Christmas Parade/Special too but agree it has gotten worse over the years so we skip over so much of it now it seems...
oh & in the past we've made giant gingerbreads of the Contemporary, Earful Tower, Tiki Room, Mexico Pavillion...this year didn't get around to making one though since it takes so much time :(

Merry Christmas Eve...we just got 4 inches of snow so, White Christmas, yay...but not sure I'll be able to run on the road this am before Christmas gatherings, oh well....
2 weeks till Marathon time!

Last edited:
Drats! I will be living my second marathon weekend to the fullest because I found out Friday that when I come back, I’ll be having surgery on my ankle because I tore a ligament (thus explaining why running has literally been kind of a pain lately)
Ready to have a blast starting in 1 week!

Sorry to hear. I hope you make it through the weekend races as pain-free as possible.

I give and receive Disney related gifts at Christmas, but otherwise Disney has no place in our home during the holiday.

Our house is bursting with Disney holiday stuff - fab 5 Christmas flag in garage, Disney advent calendar, Disney snow globes, Disney tree skirt, Disney window decals, about half the tree is Disney ornaments from years of trips, lots of Disney kitchenware and several Disney themed house decorations.

I would imagine people leave our house thinking “we should go to Disney” or that we have issues. I would say yes to both! Happy Holidays!

Actually, @DopeyBadger, you have another trainee! I just haven't been on the boards so much lately. But, better late than never. :-)

Race - 5k
Name (optional) - Asheley
DIS Name - asheleycs
Costume - No idea
Corral - ? Not sure how to tell...
Front, Middle, or Back of the corral - Middle
Expected Pace - 14:00 mile

Race - 10k
DIS Name - asheleycs
Costume - No idea
Corral - ? Not sure how to tell...
Expected Pace - 15:00 mile

Race - HM
DIS Name - asheleycs
Costume - No idea
Corral - G
Expected Pace - 16:00 mile

Race - M
DIS Name - asheleycs
Costume - No idea
Corral - G
Expected Pace - 15:00 mile

Also, we are arriving on the 1st and staying off site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter