• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD:

Gran Fiesta Tour is my favorite ride that is generally a walk on. In MK, I am usually able to walk on Journey of the Little Mermaid. It’s simple but the music never gets old and it still has the classic dark ride omnimover appeal. At AK I always make time to do the nature trails. I’d say they are under appreciated. And even though I could be talked into replacing it with another attraction based around Indiana Jones I’m still a sucker for the Epic Stunt Spectacular!

SAFD: Another vote for the People Mover. We usually end up riding it 5 or 6 times a trip. We occasionally try to time riding it with the fireworks.

If Spaceship Earth counts, put me down for that one. I love some of the smells in that ride. It’s also good for a quick nap on a hot day.

SAFD: Pooh! I don't know why, but Pooh.

And, @Baloo in MI didn't they move CoP from DL to MK? Like Disney totally ripped every piece from Anaheim, and moved those pieces to Florida?

Sure enough, looks like the move happened in the mid 70’s. Had to look it up tbh. I thought I saw it in DL, but given those dates I think I made that up in my head… Cool to see so many COP fans though, makes me happy!

I love the country bears! I was glad to see them at wdw since they have been gone for so long from Disneyland, and I loved them as a kid. Alice is tied for my favorite ride at dl, and since it is no fast pass, i will wait in line for quite a while. Also if I get one of those genie passes you can use anywhere, I'll always use it at Alice.

SAFD: uhhh. The Carousel? I've never actually made it onto the People Mover (the line was always unusually long or it was down.) Muppet Vision is a fave to go take a nap (not on purpose....that's just what always seems to happen.)

OH! WAIT! Philharmagic. I really enjoy that one. Yep. That's my pick.

How did I not know that the Country Bears had been removed from DL?? That is a travesty!! Love me some Big Al! It would be great to see the Bears on the course for the half or full one of these years - they always seem to put Woody and Jessie in Frontierland.
They were out for Wine & Dine this past year. I think the last time I had them on the marathon course was 2022 but it was more a selfie stop. They were above the Jamboree theater.

SAFD: Another Carousel of Progress fan here. As a practical matter, I love that it's a chance to sit down in AC for 20 minutes, and there's usually never a line. I also just love the attraction itself, and would (respectfully!) disagree with calling it "outdated". To me, it's timeless. It very much reflects Walt Disney's ethos - the appreciation of the promise of the future, the centrality of family, and his optimism and love for his country. Plus, it gives me yet another chance to remind my children (now all adults) to stop gazing at their phones and look up long enough every once in a while to truly appreciate what we have these days. :P

How did I not know that the Country Bears had been removed from DL?? That is a travesty!! Love me some Big Al! It would be great to see the Bears on the course for the half or full one of these years - they always seem to put Woody and Jessie in Frontierland.
They used to have the bears on the course before the half and full split to different days. My dad did the half in 2004 and mile ten was around Country Bears, and they had a couple of the bears as character stops.

Of course, my dad trained to mile ten and that’s when he hit the wall. The bears were actually waiting for him 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter