Marrieds choosing not to have kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved to the Upstate (Greenville/Spartanburg) are of South Carolina a little over six years ago and absolutely LOVE it here. We're 2 hours from Atlanta, less than 2 hours from Charlotte. One hour to the mountains, and 3 hours to the beach. It's a perfect location, and housing costs are still quite reasonable.

If anyone ever makes their way this way for a visit, we'd be happy to show you around or offer any advice we're able to share.

When I did the quiz that Madd gave the link to these were some of the cities that came up for me: Beaufort, S.C., Myrtle, S.C., Hilton Head-Sun City Hilton Head, S.C. & Aiken, S.C.

Do you know anything about these places? Just curious.

Someone needs to talk me down!

Just just finished making DH one his "raw dishes" that called for 5 cups of carrots *bleck* the dish is horrible.:scared: I pulled out the food processor. I had shredded carrots all over the kitchen, my hands were orange, my sink was orange.....:sad2:

I am ready to have a nice greasy cheeseburger- and *I* am the one who is a vegetarian!!!! Help!:lmao: :rotfl2:

I am counting down the days until he is normal again!:lmao:

Cheryl happy belated. a cirque show- that may be on the agenda for my bday next year. how wonderful!!!

You should definately catch a Cirque show! Have you seen any of them? If so you know how awesome they are, if not boy-o-boy are you in for a treat!!

It has become an expensive addiction for me! Waiting for the Vegas tour...no gambling for me, I'll be too busy trying to catch the 5 resident shows they have out there! :banana:

Regarding the move... have you considered someplace like Virginia? North enough to have seasons, but not much, if any snow? I have an aunt who lives there & just loves the area.

Regarding the move... have you considered someplace like Virginia? North enough to have seasons, but not much, if any snow? I have an aunt who lives there & just loves the area.

I cannot imagine NOT having seasons!:confused3 Not seeing leaves changing colors, the snow, everything coming back to life in the spring......I think the changing seasons are like Mother Nature's canvas! Corny, I know- but beautiful!

How can you live without that? DH says he wants to move someplace where it is always warm....I just can't do it. This is why I want to stay a bit north and on the East Coast.

I cannot imagine NOT having seasons!:confused3 Not seeing leaves changing colors, the snow, everything coming back to life in the spring......I think the changing seasons are like Mother Nature's canvas! Corny, I know- but beautiful!

How can you live without that? DH says he wants to move someplace where it is always warm....I just can't do it. This is why I want to stay a bit north and on the East Coast.

you know Madd, when you've never had real season you don't have anything to miss. I mean here we have sorta cool, hot and really really hot. Not much in between...I wish we lived somewhere with real seasons.

you know Madd, when you've never had real season you don't have anything to miss. I mean here we have sorta cool, hot and really really hot. Not much in between...I wish we lived somewhere with real seasons.

I know *you* do not know what you are missing, but *I* know what you are missing- and you just can't continue to miss something so spectacular!:hug: :rotfl2:

Hey- how did we make it to page 252!?:rolleyes1

I too never wanted any kids, siince I was a kid I knew I didn't! I'm almost 39 and just today someone said "Oh you'll change your mind". When? When I'm 60? People have been saying that my whole life and I still haven't changed it. Yes it gets me furious for someone to tell me that. Who are you and how do you know me so well as to know what I want? Why are you butting into someone else's personal business? Mind your own!!!!!!!!
It's like complete strangers telling me smoking is bad. No joke it's not 1930 anymore and DR.'s aren't telling people to smoke like they use to. I think 99.9% of Americans know it's bad, so why are you butting into my business. Thanks for letting me rant.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I too never wanted any kids, siince I was a kid I knew I didn't! I'm almost 39 and just today someone said "Oh you'll change your mind". When? When I'm 60? People have been saying that my whole life and I still haven't changed it. Yes it gets me furious for someone to tell me that. Who are you and how do you know me so well as to know what I want? Why are you butting into someone else's personal business? Mind your own!!!!!!!!
It's like complete strangers telling me smoking is bad. No joke it's not 1930 anymore and DR.'s aren't telling people to smoke like they use to. I think 99.9% of Americans know it's bad, so why are you butting into my business. Thanks for letting me rant.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:welcome:

It still amazes me that people would think at 39 you would change your mind. No offense to people who wait longer, get their career started, etc. to have kids. But I'm sorry I cannot imagine chasing children around in my 40's!:scared1: Just my opinion.....

Just a head up, this thread will be coming to an end soon. We have started a new thread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1942733, stop on over!

We don't want kids...never have, never will...and no folks. we won't change our minds....

But what really gets me, are the folks that have the audacity to say if you don't experience parenthood you will never understand what real love is...where the heck does this logic come from??? :confused3

It's just rude and completely close minded mixed with a little BS. :mad:

We don't want kids...never have, never will...and no folks. we won't change our minds....

But what really gets me, are the folks that have the audacity to say if you don't experience parenthood you will never understand what real love is...where the heck does this logic come from??? :confused3

yup heard it before as well! and welcome fellow North Texan!!!!

Howdy...and isn't that just crazy talk????

yes...even one of my friends who doesn't have kids yet has been bugging me lately about it...You see, she's engaged and getting married in March and she and her DF want 3 kids...I'm actually quite surprised they don't have one already and she keeps expecting me to change my mind...Her fiance thinks there's something wrong with my DH and I for not wanting kids and just can't understand it. :confused3 But whatever, I think they just want us to have kids, because none of our other close friends are even close to dating anyone or kids, so they want us to have some so that our kids could grow up together :eek: ...not gonna happen at all...

yes...even one of my friends who doesn't have kids yet has been bugging me lately about it...You see, she's engaged and getting married in March and she and her DF want 3 kids...I'm actually quite surprised they don't have one already and she keeps expecting me to change my mind...Her fiance thinks there's something wrong with my DH and I for not wanting kids and just can't understand it. :confused3 But whatever, I think they just want us to have kids, because none of our other close friends are even close to dating anyone or kids, so they want us to have some so that our kids could grow up together :eek: ...not gonna happen at all...

ugh I know exactly what you are saying...I don't understand this push that a lot of people have towards this topic...

Honestly I don't always feel that people really want kids, but moreso that they think they should want kinds.

We've been taught that there are certain steps to life...go to school, go to college, get a job, get married, have kids, die...

I think anyone who breaks from this traditional path...it confuses the others that feel that's what's "supposed" to happen in life...that this is what is expected of them....last time I checked, there weren't any set rules for this stuff, people...

I think if most people asked themselves "do I really want this" instead of just following the traditional path...there would be a hell of a lot less unhappy individuals and probably a hell of a lot less divorce and mid-life crisis...just my extremely amateur psych opinon. :P

Kudos to those that really know what the want...whether it's kids or no kids. :cheer2:

My DH & I are right there with you, have been for the 27 years we've been together (dated/lived together 6 & married for 21 years). Thankfully it's almost the norm in our family, I have two sibs, a brother who had 1 child and my sister & her DH chose not to have kids. And in DH's family he's got four sibs, 2 sisters who are married both chose not to have kids, and his 1 brother had 1 kid and his other brother adopted the children that his now wife had from a previous relationship. People think that is pretty odd, but I think we just know what we want out of our lives and it's not kids!

We truly enjoy our time we have together, we don't get bored, we're not worried about who will take care of us when we get older. We have close families so they will be there for us as we will for them. And you can't beat being able to pick up and go and travel whenever we want. It's total "bliss"!;)

It's been very quiet on the thread lately, where is everyone? Madd, get any emails from Disney, maybe something from Mayhem about how her and DH are doing?

I had my Dr. Appt. with the orthopedic surgeon, he thinks it's the broken bone that's causing all the problems with my ankle but he's afraid to take it out because of all the tendons & nerves around it, so he sent me for an MRI last Friday. Tomorrow I find out the results, hopefully they will find something other than the bone problem and be able to start treating whatever it is that trashing my ankle! And in the meantime I'm home with a nasty little virus that my DH & co-worker combined probably gave to me, at least I'm getting it before our Disney trip.

Hope everyone is doing well!

It's been very quiet on the thread lately, where is everyone? Madd, get any emails from Disney, maybe something from Mayhem about how her and DH are doing?

I had my Dr. Appt. with the orthopedic surgeon, he thinks it's the broken bone that's causing all the problems with my ankle but he's afraid to take it out because of all the tendons & nerves around it, so he sent me for an MRI last Friday. Tomorrow I find out the results, hopefully they will find something other than the bone problem and be able to start treating whatever it is that trashing my ankle! And in the meantime I'm home with a nasty little virus that my DH & co-worker combined probably gave to me, at least I'm getting it before our Disney trip.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Tammy, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your MRI results...hopefully it will be something easier to treat...
btw...hope you feel better!! Seems like lots of viruses are going around everywhere:sick:

My DH & I are right there with you, have been for the 27 years we've been together (dated/lived together 6 & married for 21 years). Thankfully it's almost the norm in our family, I have two sibs, a brother who had 1 child and my sister & her DH chose not to have kids. And in DH's family he's got four sibs, 2 sisters who are married both chose not to have kids, and his 1 brother had 1 kid and his other brother adopted the children that his now wife had from a previous relationship. People think that is pretty odd, but I think we just know what we want out of our lives and it's not kids!

We truly enjoy our time we have together, we don't get bored, we're not worried about who will take care of us when we get older. We have close families so they will be there for us as we will for them. And you can't beat being able to pick up and go and travel whenever we want. It's total "bliss"!;)

Yep...I have 2 sisters and a brother...we range in age from 34 to 43...none of us have ever considered having children...not that we don't care for children...they're just not for us...we love our lives just as they are...

...and you're right it is TOTAL BLISS! :goodvibes

Tammy, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your MRI results...hopefully it will be something easier to treat...
btw...hope you feel better!! Seems like lots of viruses are going around everywhere:sick:

Thanks Tiffany! Yep, lots of viruses going around. My DH is a custodian in an elementary school and brought it home first and now it's going around at my work. It's amazing to watch the progression of it coming down our hallway, it starts at one end and makes it's way to our office. Out of 48 of us, there have been at least 3 people gone sick each week starting a month ago. We figure it's from all the "recirculated" air in our building, kind of like an airplane.

Yep...I have 2 sisters and a brother...we range in age from 34 to 43...none of us have ever considered having children...not that we don't care for children...they're just not for us...we love our lives just as they are...

...and you're right it is TOTAL BLISS! :goodvibes

:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter