• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** May 2017 Disneyland Check-In ***

DL 8-12 for my first full day (and also my and my wife's 10th anniversary - May 18)! We are doing the WOC Dessert package that night at 9 (DCA hours are 9-9), so we'll have plenty of time to hop back to DL for a couple hours.

Oh, and the other thing this means is that we can use our MM on that day instead of waiting until Saturday!

Last edited:
Less than a month! Now is when time flies and I get overwhelmed (not sure why since everything is booked). Now I just have to get DD to try on her summer clothes and hope everything still from fits :)

We'll be coming out from FL 4/29-5/6, staying at DLH for a conference. I'm sure DW will be enjoying the parks every day without me.

Last edited:

Just saw that Indy will be going down on 5/1. I actually arrive the afternoon of 4/30 so I guess I should make it a priority that day if I want to ride it. I will probably not get to the park until mid-afternoon - will FP be gone by then? I will be solo so I can use Single Rider if necessary.

Also I noticed that the Corn Dog Castle at CA is down on 4/30 and the Little Red Wagon is also down starting 5/1. I actually really like corn dogs and I have been hearing for years about the mythical ones served on the West Coast. I suppose I can grab one on 4/30 after riding Indy but if they are that good sad to know I cannot get another one later in the week. Do you know if they will serve them anywhere else during the refurb? Bad timing I guess.

Glad to see hours are being posted. My only park days are 4/30 (partial day), 5/4 (partial day) and 5/5 (full day) since I am there for a work conference. Need to try to figure out what to do on which day. Hope the hours for 5/4-5/5 are released soon.

I'll will be there for the conf as well. DW will of course spend all week in the parks without me.....

Looks like they have removed the Little Red Wagon from the closed list starting May 1st.

upload_2017-4-17_7-51-2.png

These are my new ears for the trip!! I ordered the ears themselves off etsy. The center necklace piece is a pin I ordered separately and then attached it using a locking pin back. I LOVE THEM! I took the picture using my Moana lithographs as the background for instagram lol

Does anyone know if Goofys Kitchen will do anything special for a birthday? We arrive at the DLH on my sons birthday and plan to do Goofy's Kitchen. I don't expect much, but curious if it's possible to have someone sing to him?

3 weeks til our vacation starts!! hoping for sun sun and more sun!
got to see the course maps for Tink which is getting me even more excited :flower:

We finally revealed our trip to our 3 yo. Easter morning we gave him his Easter presents. After he spent a decent amount of time obsessed with his new Cars toys (get the theme here?) we directed him to look in the bottom of the Easter basket. There was a large egg that held a clue inside. That clue led to another clue, etc etc until he opened a door and found a trip countdown hanging behind it and a personalized "You're Going to Disneyland" type book I made for him.

His response:

*blank stare* (no surprise there, little dude doesn't read!)

DS: "Whut is it?!"
Me: "This is a countdown. There is one link for each day. Every day you will tear off a link. When you get to the last link that will be the day... That... We... GO TO DISNEYLAND!!" *Cue trumpets in my head*
DS: "Today?!?!"
Me: "Nooooo honey, in ten days."
DS: "YAY!!...............................................What else do I get?"
Me: o_O

Three year olds just keepin' it real y'all.

Ah well. I enjoyed the process at least, lol.

It's getting closer!! I need to go review our grad dates. We just bought our tickets through lmtclub yesterday and got them in the email right away!! Only 2 days in the park, but in Ca for 8 days. Need to choose which days to visit the parks. May 20-28-want to avoid grad nites and Memorial Day weekend crowds, plus the GOG ride crowds on Friday (Dd wants to go on that ride, but I think it'd kill our whole day waiting in line?).

So, leaning toward Tuesday may 23 and Thursday may 25 for park days...but I'll double check the hours and crowd prediction. Any advice?

It'll be so amazing to go! We get to bring our little foster daughter too (90% sure). She'll be 7 months old and is the cutest and sweetest baby ever! Mh Dd's are 13 and 16 so we are all excited to bring this baby girl with us to the parks!

All the park hours are out for May now! Yay! That means we are all getting so close. 17 days for us.

Woo hoo!! 11 days to go for me! So excited! Hoping for great weather ( not hot....Im coming from AZ and frankly I'm sick of hot Lol!) and manageable crowds! This is my first time going at this time of year so not sure what to expect. I know May the 4th will be insanity but hoping for lower crowds the other days.
I really need this trip to go well. This is our make-up trip for our miserable ending trip from this past November. We ( myself, dh, ds (4) and ds (16mo) spent the last few days of that trip horribly sick in our hotel room with the norovirus. It was so bad for my youngest that I ended in the ER with him. Ugh!
Hoping for a healthy, happy, magical trip this time! :earsboy::wizard: :thumbsup2

So, do you guys think DL will be less crowded on a Monday with no early entry that day or a Tuesday with early entry? We could go either day the 22 or 23 and trying to guess which would be better? Anyone have an idea?

I wish that DL would put a warning about grad nights up when you're booking your package - like they do when there is going to be construction
That way you can decide if you really want to be there at that time
We were unfortunate enough to be there with grad nights a few years ago - the 'pack' behaviour on the rides was dreadful

I wish that DL would put a warning about grad nights up when you're booking your package - like they do when there is going to be construction
That way you can decide if you really want to be there at that time
We were unfortunate enough to be there with grad nights a few years ago - the 'pack' behaviour on the rides was dreadful

Can you elaborate on the pack behavior? We will be there Sunday through Wednesday. Wednesday is our last day so will only be a half day but it is a grad night. Just want to know what to expect? Do kids get the whole day off of school or does it just get packed late afternoon on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter