**May 2023 car rental**

SUV, May 17-23, is down to $266 at Hertz (through autoslash/priceline)
This midsize SUV just dropped to $235, still thru Hertz. It started at $299, so I'm feeling pretty good about this. I love that autoslash tracks the rentals! I only go with the "major" car rental agencies, though. I've heard too many horror stories with the local, off-airport companies.

I know I’m a rebel and traveling in April posting in the May thread lol but I thought I’d give an update. I ended up going with dollar instead of hertz to save the $100 in price difference. Went to the counters in terminal C to pick up. Waited ages with dollar as they had internet issues. I was able to pick up my car in the garage at terminal C! All the major companies have a small amount of cars there now! Not many so depending on the size and type they may still send folks to terminal a or b. Signage was dreadful so it’s definitely still very new because I drove in circles following arrows telling me to go the wrong way trying to find my way out 😂 all the employees were great though!

I got a jeep Cherokee with lots of bells and whistles for 9 day rental for $276 total
Great that you could pick up at C!! Is drop off there as well?

I know I’m a rebel and traveling in April posting in the May thread lol but I thought I’d give an update. I ended up going with dollar instead of hertz to save the $100 in price difference. Went to the counters in terminal C to pick up. Waited ages with dollar as they had internet issues. I was able to pick up my car in the garage at terminal C! All the major companies have a small amount of cars there now! Not many so depending on the size and type they may still send folks to terminal a or b. Signage was dreadful so it’s definitely still very new because I drove in circles following arrows telling me to go the wrong way trying to find my way out 😂 all the employees were great though!

I got a jeep Cherokee with lots of bells and whistles for 9 day rental for $276 total
Glad I'm not the only one who found it incredibly confusing to exit the garage in Terminal C. Even asking the employees how to get out, they directed us to ignore the "do not enter" signs and just go that way. (Rented thru Budget and it was incredibly easy however my choice of cars was not great but it was late and we were tired so I took the 1 car that fit our needs.)

No movement in price for a compact SUV. I have noticed that when doing my searches through Autoslash that I'm getting intermediate or standard SUVs for Hertz; so that makes me wonder if there aren't any compacts available for my timeframe.

We had a TERRIBLE experience with Thrifty at Terminal C last week. Would not give us the Autoslash/Priceline price. Kept telling us a manager had to approve the rate but the manager was over at the other terminal but would arrive soon. After over an hour of them telling us a manager was coming, we said forget it and took Uber. Uber was actually great. Wish we didn't waste so much time waiting for Thrift to pull through-never again. Terminal C is a nightmare however. No signage-we had issues finding where to even get an Uber...."ground transportation" is level 6.....I ended up having to google because no one around to even help. And the walks from the gates is ridiculous. Thankfully we didn't truly NEED a rental car and thankfully I had this weird gut feeling something would go wrong so I did grocery delivery to the resort.

We had a TERRIBLE experience with Thrifty at Terminal C last week. Would not give us the Autoslash/Priceline price. Kept telling us a manager had to approve the rate but the manager was over at the other terminal but would arrive soon. After over an hour of them telling us a manager was coming, we said forget it and took Uber. Uber was actually great. Wish we didn't waste so much time waiting for Thrift to pull through-never again. Terminal C is a nightmare however. No signage-we had issues finding where to even get an Uber...."ground transportation" is level 6.....I ended up having to google because no one around to even help. And the walks from the gates is ridiculous. Thankfully we didn't truly NEED a rental car and thankfully I had this weird gut feeling something would go wrong so I did grocery delivery to the resort.
Out of curiosity, was the promo or CDP code used on the Autoslash/Priceline reservation the Visa Cardholders code?

Ah ok...was wondering if they were still causing issues with that code...well that stinks-glad you were able to find a solution but geesh
Maybe it was but the way Thrifty handled themselves was horrible!!!! I already reported the issue to Autoslash, Priceline and Thrifty. What an ordeal!

Well this isn’t good-and Hertz has been having “site issues” (their words) and I haven’t been able to see the details of my reservation for days…according to their reps, they are showing the price as correct, but this isn’t making me feel comfortable
View attachment 752485

I also received this email, and today when I finally got around to checking on my reservation for May (which I needed to cancel as I moved my trip back to June), the reservation is simply GONE from both the Hertz site and the
carrentalsavers site. Unimpressed!

I also received this email, and today when I finally got around to checking on my reservation for May (which I needed to cancel as I moved my trip back to June), the reservation is simply GONE from both the Hertz site and the
Yeah there really should have been more communication from Hertz...any of the 5+ times I spoke to them. Then when I contacted them to cancel(because there was no way to get to my reservation) they were so concerned about me canceling. I feel terrible for anyone that had to deal with this in person and got a surprise they weren't expecting when they went to pick up!

Yeah there really should have been more communication from Hertz...any of the 5+ times I spoke to them. Then when I contacted them to cancel(because there was no way to get to my reservation) they were so concerned about me canceling. I feel terrible for anyone that had to deal with this in person and got a surprise they weren't expecting when they went to pick up!
No kidding! I expected an increase in price but not the reservation disappearing completely.

In other news I just discovered if you link your Amazon account to your Budget car rental you can get a 10% (of the rental cost) Amazon gift card. Allegedly also “up to”a 30% rental discount but I didn’t see that work.

No kidding! I expected an increase in price but not the reservation disappearing completely.

In other news I just discovered if you link your Amazon account to your Budget car rental you can get a 10% (of the rental cost) Amazon gift card. Allegedly also “up to”a 30% rental discount but I didn’t see that work.
I thought about the gift card deal, but at the time I got a decent rate($430 for the week for a minivan) so it wasn’t worth switching from Alamo

you can also get the same deal through Avis and Amazon. I personally prefer Avis to the lines at Budget.

I had a private message from carrentalsavers about this post, offering a voucher as they have never had a reservation completely disappear. I went back in and the reservation is showing in carrentalsavers and hertz, so IDK what happened when I looked for it, but it seems unlikely that I made a mistake looking it up on BOTH sites!

I had a private message from carrentalsavers about this post, offering a voucher as they have never had a reservation completely disappear. I went back in and the reservation is showing in carrentalsavers and hertz, so IDK what happened when I looked for it, but it seems unlikely that I made a mistake looking it up on BOTH sites!
Yeah that seems very strange…mine never reappeared on Hertz…they just kept telling me THEY could see it but that didn’t give me enough confidence to stay with them honestly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter