Men and their toys

I didnt want to seem like I was bragging John.....:lmao:

When I brag, I have digital proof to back it up LOL

This is looking down the driveway to the road.

l_5837f586de7a8d186be0fdb524463eb0.jpg

This is looking up.

l_9b2ddf224cedb1703b7aa4d944a92e92.jpg

I really do back the darn thing up to the house when we are packing and unpacking!!! LOL

Rob, sorry we stole your thread, but you have been here long enough to know it was going to happen.... :lmao::rotfl2:

As much as it pains me to say it, probably not. It's been raining most of the day and will be throughout the night so I can't have the windows open. We don't have electric service in the garage yet so we can't run the AC or the fan, that will be one of next year's projects. The weekend is supposed to be good weather, so here I come!

Part of my "financing expense" for this camper is that DW gets a bathroom put in downstairs. We'll have to expand the electric box to do that, so I will have them drop a dedicated 30-amp plug in the garage to plug in the trailer.

I keep our trailer next to the garage and keep it plugged in to a wall outlet via an adapter. The 15A circuit that its on will power the AC in the trailer but you cant turn on anything else. We use ours in the summer months as a retreat from the kids.

I keep our trailer next to the garage and keep it plugged in to a wall outlet via an adapter. The 15A circuit that its on will power the AC in the trailer but you cant turn on anything else. We use ours in the summer months as a retreat from the kids.

Exactly what I was thinking, myself. Let the kids fall asleep in the house, then I go and camp.

I could probably use it on the outlet in the garage, but I'll wait until I can put one in. Neighborhood covenants won't let me keep it here much longer, and it goes to bed for the winter.

I really do back the darn thing up to the house when we are packing and unpacking!!! LOL

Rob, sorry we stole your thread, but you have been here long enough to know it was going to happen.... :lmao::rotfl2:

Don't think of it as stealing, think of it as "enhancing through mutual interaction." Sounds better that way.:rotfl:

So, why do you back it up, don't you have room to turn it up there?

Where I added the new driveway up to my shop, there is a big change in angle and there is no way the camper can go over it without dragging. One side of the drive is the fence row and drainage ditch, and the other is my front yard, and too steep. So there is no place to turn around, so it is just easier to back it up. I was screwing around, but it really isn't that hard, I have been towing trailers of one form or other since I was 20. LOL

Hey,,We have one of those !!
Okay,,I lied,, what we have is a 2500 truck and a 28' FKS,,but it is a Jayco.

Dude, You are gonna love your new camper ! It's very pretty,,uh ,I mean,,thats a REAL MANS camper.

And it looks like you'll have plenty of storage for your fishing equip. :thumbsup2

It looks great..I don't think I could handle having a homeowners association around. I like my toys with me....I'm sure your gonna have a blast

...We'll have to expand the electric box to do that, so I will have them drop a dedicated 30-amp plug in the garage to plug in the trailer.

Might as well have them make that a combination 50-amp/30-amp setup, you never know when you might want to consider a 40 foot Class A diesel pusher as an upgrade!

Nice trailer, and as another Jayco owner, I would say you'll be pretty happy with the way it holds up.

no way would i want a homeowners assoc. i don't like to be told what i can or cannot do on my own property. That is why i live outside the city limits.

Fortunately we were able to get an approval when we asked to park our trailer next to the house. Its on a concrete slab and the front sits flush with the front wall of the garage. We had our first trailer in storage the first year and I hated having to go pick it up any time we needed to use it.

no HOA for me either....my MH, golf cart, Trans Am, trailer and other necessary vehicles stay in the driveway! i hear what my parents go through...nasty letters because they can see her air conditioner from the road...geesh!

congrats man! very nice...can't wait to see you at the fort!

Give me time and we'll be at the fort. I think we could pull that trailer down and back for the same $$ we paid for airfare in April, plus we get to stretch it out and have a long camping tirp in addition to the fort. For the price of a week at POR with parks every day we can have a 2-week trip in this.

I see some good road trips in the future! :drive:

Oh yeah, that ain't nuttin!!! I have a crew cab dually and a 34' trailer. I back mine up my 500' curved gravel drive way, with a 90 degree turn off the road, and another into the spot in front of my garage by myself at night with one mirror folded in just to make it challenging!! LOL :lmao:

By the way Rob, way to go, it looks really nice, you will love it, and ya can't go wrong with a jayco!!!
Sounds like me but I have a 36 footer. Wow a whole extra 2 foot.( did I just slam my self:confused3 )
NICE TRAILER :thumbsup2

That's fantastic Rob! Congrats! It looks like a nice one and I know you will love it!!!! Are you taking it anywhere soon?

We'll get it out somewhere, for sure. There is a private CG near here that does some pre-Halloween weekends, not to mention the state parks around. No way I'm gonna put it to bed for the winter without using it somewhere. :cool1:

Congrats!

Dh just looked at one smiliar last weekend w slides... I keep reminding him that we are going to buy into DVC in a few years... I get the :rolleyes1
If I recall you can use DVC at the Fort? :love:

happy camping.... we have to store ours too, no room for a 30 ftr.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter