Metal Shaped Mickey Ears

I forgot to tell you that you can buy the green wreaths, as I also did, and add lights and make your wreath this way. Much easier.

Judy:santa:

That is what I did this year. Michael's had all the wreaths half priced around Thanksgiving. I bought the easel they had, too, for $3.99 I think. With 200 lights and the cost of the wreaths (2 smalls for $3 each and the large for $8 or so) the whole thing cost less than $20! I wrapped the lights around the wreath instead of just sticking them into the greens on the front so it would be lit from both sides. A lot of bang for my buck and I was pretty excited about it! It took no time at all, either.

Now, cramming that monster in the car on our way to FW... that was another story. DH was none too pleased, but we got it there in one piece!

Yes, the green ones look great, we put ours on the front of the MH.

MouseFest2008673.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing the instructions. Adding this to the "this has to happen before our next trip" list.

Bumping this from way back...I made one of these tonight! Super easy and fairly inexpensive. I think it cost about $22 all together.

Thanks for the detailed instructions and photos. That really helped.

Thanks for bumping this! two weeks ago I bought the loops (still need to get the rope lights) to do for my site & my sister's site. But I have a question for those who have done this.....if using the plain loops (instead of wreaths), what does it look like during the day? Do I need to add something to it to make it look nicer?:confused3

.... I made sure he brought his tools from home, so he didn't have any excuse to have to buy a 2nd set of them. ;)

Now...if you were smart enough to forsee the "Well, honey...since I didnt bring my tools from home, I guess I'll have to break down and buy a second set to put this together for you" schpeel we always try to use....then you are smart enough to have made it yourself. But on the other hand, I guess if youre smart enough to make it yourself...you're smart enough to know how to manipulate US MEN FOLK into thinking that you NEED us for things like this.......dangit....why do us guys always come off as morons?? No matter what...you darn wimenz are always gettin' da best of us!!! We're ALWAYS stupid enough to think were the smart ones!!!:teacher::headache::sad2::rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions..I am sure my DH will just love that he now has a new project on his list :lmao:. I had found a small set of ears on Ebay which I purchased. The large one will compliment it very nicely!

Thanks so much for the instructions and list of items to buy.

I made one this afternoon...
P1000569.jpg

Got all the items for around $24.00 at Hobby Lobby. I was hoping they would have had green lights but they said they were seasonal and only had red, white, and blue...which will be fine since we'll be there over Memorial Day weekend.

Sorry the picture isn't the greatest but it's still light outside and I can't get it show up the greatest!

Thanks so much for the instructions and list of items to buy.

I made one this afternoon...
P1000569.jpg

Got all the items for around $24.00 at Hobby Lobby. I was hoping they would have had green lights but they said they were seasonal and only had red, white, and blue...which will be fine since we'll be there over Memorial Day weekend.

Sorry the picture isn't the greatest but it's still light outside and I can't get it show up the greatest!

Good job, it looks great!

Thanks for bumping this! two weeks ago I bought the loops (still need to get the rope lights) to do for my site & my sister's site. But I have a question for those who have done this.....if using the plain loops (instead of wreaths), what does it look like during the day? Do I need to add something to it to make it look nicer?:confused3

I made one with just the loops, and have also saw other ones done at FW. I don't think it looks bad.

These look great, I'm going to go out tonight and see what supplies I can find.

Having a hard time finding 12 foot rope light - Michael’s doesn't carry rope light except for maybe at Christmas time - Target only had 18 foot in white - any suggestions???? I'd love to have red to match my Mickey Head Lamp but hubby wants to get color changing bulbs for that so guess eventually it won't matter.

Having a hard time finding 12 foot rope light - Michael’s doesn't carry rope light except for maybe at Christmas time - Target only had 18 foot in white - any suggestions???? I'd love to have red to match my Mickey Head Lamp but hubby wants to get color changing bulbs for that so guess eventually it won't matter.

We have lots of 12" lengths here in Canada but whenever I've looked in the USA I can only find 18' lengths. I made one with an 18' length and just kept wrapping it double. It gave me a double strand all around the bottom (head) ring. It looked good. It's the blue one in this picture.

FloridaApril2010392.jpg

Thanks, I'll try looking at Wal-mart. Also the 18 foot rope double wrapped looks nice so if I can't find 12 foot it's nice to know that the 18 foot will still work.

Here's my version! Used multiple strands of mini lights I picked up on clearance last year...same frame/stand model as OP.

Super Bright! Also a bit time consuming. I worked the lights where they poked thru to the front side.

P5210189.jpg

I've bought ropelight before that you could cut. The ropelight had marks every so many inches to mark where cutting was ok without harming the rest of it. Read the paperwork that comes with it and see what it says.

Went there this afternoon fully intending to follow the posted design - becuase I loved it!...
Well I had an idea - I saw the metal rounds, but next to them were pressed board circles. I decided to try these. I am planning to hot glue gun the circles in the Mickey shape, paint black and decorate with either white fairy lights (small strand of Christmas Tree lights), crystals or some other decoration.
I will show picts when I am finished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter