Metal Shaped Mickey Ears

I have made several with 18' lights, just keep wrapping double on the head, or around the ears. I think bouncingtiggers posted a picture of one he did with 18' lights!

I made one of these last year and love it, so I made another one this year but I want to add red lights on it to make a bow to look like Minnie, but I do not know how to do the red bow or what to use, all my ideas failed. I saw one last year (that is where I got the idea), does anyone know how to make the red bow light bewteen the ears? I can't find a small enough rope light to do it.

whoo hooo! Got my cute mickey head finished tonight... well, ALMOST finished,,, still gotta snip all the zip ties.... but TheBigGuy decided he wanted LED lights on it, instead of the regular ones, so we had to order them..... it turned out REALLY cute - I'll take photos and post when they're all trimmed up and ready for presentation. Thanks SO much for holding my hand while this happened.... I appreciate it!!

I made a Mickey Head today. I was able to get red and white striped rope lights at Canadian Tire and the wreath frames at Micheal's. It looks really good. I can't wait to light it up closer to Christmas. Thanks for the directions, it really helped and made it really easy to do.:goodvibes

Just saw @ Walgreens RED/GREEN Mickey Shaped Rope Light Display for under $7.00!!!! Around 6.97? Pick one up before they are gone @ that price!

Just saw @ Walgreens RED/GREEN Mickey Shaped Rope Light Display for under $7.00!!!! Around 6.97? Pick one up before they are gone @ that price!

Thanks for the heads up, I just purchased it from Walgreen's $6.99! Very nice for the money. Suction cup included so we will attach it to the size of the camper at Fort Wilderness when we arrive on Dec. 4!

We had the Walgreen's rope light Mickey Heads in red/white on our windows last Christmas and I picked up some more this year to stick along the side of the camper on our upcoming trip. You can get them in red and green or red and white! $6.99 each, and they have other Mickey items too like a decorated lighted musical 12" tree, Mickey snowman, "greeter" carol singer Mickey (~2ft tall) etc. Check out different stores as they can carry various stock.

Here's mine...proudly displayed on our home every Christmas:

P1040508_zps4f63zuug.jpg
:tink:

i thought about trying solar rope, It think Harbor Freight carry's it. Has anyone else tried it? Sambuster
solar light works great

upload_2015-12-18_10-59-3.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter