Mickey’s Toontown to be Reimagined 2023 - Closed beginning March 9, 2022

When Mickey's Toontown opened in 1993 at Disneyland as the first brand new land since Bear Country "now Critter Country " opened in the 70's it was the greatest thing for Disneyland to do and it was fun to see a wonderful place where you could see wonderful sights and meet Mickey And Minnie at their own houses and now that Mickey's Toontown is being reimagined in March I think what Disneyland will do with Mickey's Toontown is add more rides and perhaps add a theater for shows to attract the toddler audience. And I think they will make a special area where kids can meet Mickey Minnie and Disney Junior characters such as Mira Royal Detective and other characters from Disney Junior shows. And while it's possible that Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin will be gone my guess is that it will be replaced with another ride probably about Mickey Mouse. But I always thought Mickey's Toontown needed more rides and shops besides Gadget's Go Coaster and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin because I couldn't see how it survived on two rides and one shop and I think the main reason people went to Mickey's Toontown was to meet Mickey and Minnie at their houses and I think had they done this remodel sooner Mickey's Toontown would've been a lot better. Hopefully the new Mickey's Toontown is wonderful once the new look is finished in 2023

When Mickey's Toontown opened in 1993 at Disneyland as the first brand new land since Bear Country "now Critter Country " opened in the 70's it was the greatest thing for Disneyland to do and it was fun to see a wonderful place where you could see wonderful sights and meet Mickey And Minnie at their own houses and now that Mickey's Toontown is being reimagined in March I think what Disneyland will do with Mickey's Toontown is add more rides and perhaps add a theater for shows to attract the toddler audience. And I think they will make a special area where kids can meet Mickey Minnie and Disney Junior characters such as Mira Royal Detective and other characters from Disney Junior shows. And while it's possible that Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin will be gone my guess is that it will be replaced with another ride probably about Mickey Mouse. But I always thought Mickey's Toontown needed more rides and shops besides Gadget's Go Coaster and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin because I couldn't see how it survived on two rides and one shop and I think the main reason people went to Mickey's Toontown was to meet Mickey and Minnie at their houses and I think had they done this remodel sooner Mickey's Toontown would've been a lot better. Hopefully the new Mickey's Toontown is wonderful once the new look is finished in 2023
None of this is happening. Disney laid out very specifically what they are doing, in the link that started this thread.

This is a NEED! A bit bummed we will miss the upgrade when we got in October and my kids will be 10/6 during that trip..

runaway railway is a great ride, having rode it multiple times at WDW. It's really going to bring that area to life. In 3 big trips we haven't spent much time at toon town.

Even though I'm sad that Toontown is going to be closed for a year, but I'm excited that gets to be reimagined and I'm so glad we're getting our own Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter