Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

Just got an answer from our email to SOG this morning (I'm not looking to buy tickets, but add 2 days to our 4 day hoppers)
"Unfortunately no our sales suspension has not been lifted and tickets can only be acquired through Disney directly. Please keep checking our website SHADESOFGREEN.ORG along with our Facebook page and also the Walt Disney World website DISNEYWORLD.DISNEY.GO.COM for the latest news/updates concerning ticket sales."

I'm hoping now that UT is selling tickets, hopefully, military sales are next.

I wonder if 2020 will have the extended expiration date?

Yes, they are giving the extended expiration based on what I've read here. When you initially link them they apparently show the December expiration but then get updated later with the Sept 2021 expiration.

I just talked to our ticket office at Ft. Belvoir and she said they are going to start selling tickets next Tuesday. They have the military salute tickets on hand. I’m so happy I’ll finally have tickets and can make our park reservations for March.

According to a Facebook Post by Military Disney Tips, Shades of Green has just been given authorization to begin ticket sales again. No official word from Shades of Green yet though. Here is the post:

"(UPDATE 13:30 est 9 Jul) - Shades of Green just let me know that they have just received authorization to begin selling tickets!"

I just talked to our ticket office at Ft. Belvoir and she said they are going to start selling tickets next Tuesday. They have the military salute tickets on hand. I’m so happy I’ll finally have tickets and can make our park reservations for March.

I got the name notification from Ft. Belvoir as an email. :)

According to a Facebook Post by Military Disney Tips, Shades of Green has just been given authorization to begin ticket sales again. No official word from Shades of Green yet though. Here is the post:

"(UPDATE 13:30 est 9 Jul) - Shades of Green just let me know that they have just received authorization to begin selling tickets!"
Sheesh, I guess I should have waited a few hours LOL
Thanks for the update!

BTW, hiya to Ft Belvoir neighbors!! (DH has worked in and out of there for years :) )

Sheesh, I guess I should have waited a few hours LOL
Thanks for the update!

BTW, hiya to Ft Belvoir neighbors!! (DH has worked in and out of there for years :) )

Hi Neighbor! DH doesn't actually work at Ft. Belvoir because he's a Coastie but its the closest large base to where he works... technically Quantico is closer to home, but I like Belvoir better ;)

Also, Shades of Green is rumored to have received the same authorization as Ft. Belvoir so I am sure we'll hear something soon.

I emailed today about adding 2 days to a 4 day Salute ticket. We bought the tickets in person at SOG.
8734F8AD-46C9-47C7-A07F-275DA3171F9A.png

I emailed today about adding 2 days to a 4 day Salute ticket. We bought the tickets in person at SOG.
View attachment 507838
Thank you for sharing this screenshot for what we need :) Just dug up my original receipt. I'll email them again.
(I feel like such a pain, this will be my 4th or 5th email since early June, the most recent being this morning LOL but I do want to get the park days nailed down)

I wonder if we could buy 2020 tickets, with the extension and then next year buy 2021 tickets? Use the 2020 tickets in 2021

I wonder if we could buy 2020 tickets, with the extension and then next year buy 2021 tickets? Use the 2020 tickets in 2021
I intend to. I have some that I'll be using this year, but there are 2 ppl. who won't be able to come now (rescheduled from when they were closed.) I plan on buying new salute tix next year for all of us (new 2021 tix and the 2 that I already bought for the ppl. that can't come this year now) to use for a trip next year. I don't know why you couldn't.

On another note; does anyone know if we can "reassign" a salute tix. I've already linked it to my daughter, but she can't come now, so I wanted to use it for my son...didn't know if there was a way to switch the tix. - They have not been activated yet, if that matters.

I intend to. I have some that I'll be using this year, but there are 2 ppl. who won't be able to come now (rescheduled from when they were closed.) I plan on buying new salute tix next year for all of us (new 2021 tix and the 2 that I already bought for the ppl. that can't come this year now) to use for a trip next year. I don't know why you couldn't.

On another note; does anyone know if we can "reassign" a salute tix. I've already linked it to my daughter, but she can't come now, so I wanted to use it for my son...didn't know if there was a way to switch the tix. - They have not been activated yet, if that matters.
I just checked the app as I thought I saw it in there (there is an option). I think it shouldn't be a problem as long as the ticket wasn't used. Not sure you can do it on the website though

I just checked the app as I thought I saw it in there (there is an option). I think it shouldn't be a problem as long as the ticket wasn't used. Not sure you can do it on the website though
Ok thx...I'll have to play around with the app. I was on the website and didn't see an option or anything about it. Thank you!

It use to say reassign under the ticket in the MDE . I don't see that now. Maybe since they extended he Salute Tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter