Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

I emailed SOG this morning again and received a reply just a few minutes ago that they need our receipt # and will call us so we can add the 2 days to our 4-day tickets.

Are your tickets already linked to your MDE account? Ours are so just trying to figure out if this is even an option for us.

Are your tickets already linked to your MDE account? Ours are so just trying to figure out if this is even an option for us.
Yes! I linked our tickets linked back in March I think.
I've also done this successfully earlier this year. We were in WDW in January and had originally bought 4-day hoppers months earlier when they released the Salute announcement. It turned out we were able to do another day (I think I changed our flights or DH was able to take an extra day or something?) So I stopped by SOG on our arrival day and we bought the 5th day. It immediately synched up in MDE once they made the change and reflected 5 days.

So if you are in the Northern Virginia Area, the new Coast Guard Exchange in Centreville was able to sell me the Salute tickets yesterday afternoon. I went there in person and have the vouchers in hand today. The printed Voucher says expiration of Dec, but came with a flyer from Disney that they will be honored to Sept 26, 2021. I was able to link the vouchers to MDE via a cell phone (I scanned the bar codes) and then get the Park Passes.
Did you happen to notice if they sell Universal tickets as well? Is there a specific place to go?
(I was looking at their website earlier today and didn't see any info).

Yes they have universal. We bought tickets and they emailed them to us, we went a couple of weeks ago.

You just use the same order form that they email to you.

Did you happen to notice if they sell Universal tickets as well? Is there a specific place to go?

So let me understand things with your help. We have unused Salute tickets that we were supposed to use for our cancelled March trip. We now will hopefully use them for Thanksgiving week 2020. However we also have a March 2021 trip planned. Can I buy 2020 tickets to use for that trip? I have an AP but DH doesn’t have one at all and only I can book a theme park reservation at this time. Any advice is appreciated.

Yes they have universal. We bought tickets and they emailed them to us, we went a couple of weeks ago.

You just use the same order form that they email to you.
Thanks, but do you mean you bought them at the Coast Guard Exchange in Centreville? (That was my question)

So let me understand things with your help. We have unused Salute tickets that we were supposed to use for our cancelled March trip. We now will hopefully use them for Thanksgiving week 2020. However we also have a March 2021 trip planned. Can I buy 2020 tickets to use for that trip? I have an AP but DH doesn’t have one at all and only I can book a theme park reservation at this time. Any advice is appreciated.
You probably can’t get more than 6 in 2020z

Yes! I linked our tickets linked back in March I think.
I've also done this successfully earlier this year. We were in WDW in January and had originally bought 4-day hoppers months earlier when they released the Salute announcement. It turned out we were able to do another day (I think I changed our flights or DH was able to take an extra day or something?) So I stopped by SOG on our arrival day and we bought the 5th day. It immediately synched up in MDE once they made the change and reflected 5 days.

Perfect! Thanks for the reply - need to check with our group and see if they want to add another day.

Drove to Dobbins AFB today and bought our tickets. They're now linked, and we have park reservations. Yay!! Finally feel relief in looking forward to my trip. Not super hyped about wearing a mask around in the heat, but at least we'll get into the parks.

Has it been confirmed if we purchase 2020 tickets now that they will extended and can be used for. a 2021 trip?

Has it been confirmed if we purchase 2020 tickets now that they will extended and can be used for. a 2021 trip?
From Steve's Military tips site..

Applicable Dates and Limits
Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets may be purchased through 18 December 2020 and are valid through 26 September 2021.
Disney HAS NOT increased the maximum purchase limit as they have in the past for Salute Offers that were extended as they have twice in the past.
The Salute Ticket purchase limit remains at 6 per eligible member for a 21 month period!

Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets may be purchased through 18 December 2020 and are valid through 26 September 2021.
Disney HAS NOT increased the maximum purchase limit as they have in the past for Salute Offers that were extended as they have twice in the past.
The Salute Ticket purchase limit remains at 6 per eligible member for a 21 month period!
So do we not think they're going to come out with 2021 salute tix with a slightly higher price starting in Jan.?

Yes, you can buy Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc there as well, its a full MWR ticket sales location. Enjoy, its a really nice exchange as well!

So I was going to say yes, based off the phone call I literally just had with Disney directly, but others are saying that Shades of Green is saying no, which is odd and conflicting information. If you bought less than 6 tickets in 2020 though, you still have more left you can buy.

This is interesting as I was just on the phone with Disney for this very issue and they insist that you can so long as they are two different years. Now I am not sure what is what here.

Yes, you can buy Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc there as well, its a full MWR ticket sales location. Enjoy, its a really nice exchange as well!

So I was going to say yes, based off the phone call I literally just had with Disney directly, but others are saying that Shades of Green is saying no, which is odd and conflicting information. If you bought less than 6 tickets in 2020 though, you still have more left you can buy.

This is interesting as I was just on the phone with Disney for this very issue and they insist that you can so long as they are two different years. Now I am not sure what is what here.
Typical conflicting info. I was wondering if Disney will come out with a new ticket discount that ends in Dec. 2021. Guess we will wait to see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter