Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

I received the call from SOG on Monday to finalize payment on salute tickets. They came via Fed Ex today. I linked them to MDE and they already have an expiration date of 9/2021, so all is well for me. I was surprised at how quick and easy it was, especially since they must be dealing with quite a backlog right now.

I received the call from SOG on Monday to finalize payment on salute tickets. They came via Fed Ex today. I linked them to MDE and they already have an expiration date of 9/2021, so all is well for me. I was surprised at how quick and easy it was, especially since they must be dealing with quite a backlog right now.

When did you submit the form? We've been waiting a few weeks now and just wanted to get an idea for where they're at in the queue.

I'm so happy for you. Ours are still not updated. Ticketing said it takes 7-10 days for the new expiration date to be added.

I submitted it last Thursday, July 9th. Maybe resend it?
Yeah, that sounds like what I'll need to do. Not surprised with how many they probably had to deal with that some might get overlooked. So I'll either re-send, or someone earlier in the thread mentioned the new Coast Guard Exchange in Centreville sells them, so maybe I'll just drive there and save the Fedex fee. We only need one ticket, because my wife and I had already purchased ours, but we had not purchased one for our daughter because when our original trip was scheduled she was only going to be 2, but now for our rescheduled trip she will be 3.

Does anyone have any recent experience with SOG's calling back to make the ticket purchase and how long it takes? We sent an email 8 or 9 days ago to add 2 days to an already purchased ticket with the receipt information they requested and haven't heard back yet. The last email (the day before that) was answered within 24 hours as were other emails fairly quickly as well (but these weren't for purchases). We have time (about 2-3 weeks before arrival), but I was just trying to gauge how long I should wait before emailing them again since they are probably backlogged.

Does anyone have any recent experience with SOG's calling back to make the ticket purchase and how long it takes? We sent an email 8 or 9 days ago to add 2 days to an already purchased ticket with the receipt information they requested and haven't heard back yet. The last email (the day before that) was answered within 24 hours as were other emails fairly quickly as well (but these weren't for purchases). We have time (about 2-3 weeks before arrival), but I was just trying to gauge how long I should wait before emailing them again since they are probably backlogged.
Go ahead and try again. I had emailed them a week or so before tickets went back on sale and never heard from them. I emailed them back on Thursday and they called me yesterday.

Ok, NEW question:

I have two trips scheduled. One is Nov. 2020 for 5 days. For this trip we have 5x 5-day Salute tickets. Then, we have a second trip in April 2021. For that trip we have 1x 6 day salute (for my DH) and 4x 6day 1park base tickets. How do I make sure that the 5 day hoppers get used for the first trip, and the single day tickets (plus the 6 day salute) get used for the other? Hopefully this question makes sense. Thank you in advance.

Ok, NEW question:

I have two trips scheduled. One is Nov. 2020 for 5 days. For this trip we have 5x 5-day Salute tickets. Then, we have a second trip in April 2021. For that trip we have 1x 6 day salute (for my DH) and 4x 6day 1park base tickets. How do I make sure that the 5 day hoppers get used for the first trip, and the single day tickets (plus the 6 day salute) get used for the other? Hopefully this question makes sense. Thank you in advance.

You will have to make sure that the tickets are prioritized correctly in MDE. You can call and ask that it be done, but I would confirm at guest services at the park before you enter the first day. Be sure to check in MDE that it was done correctly after you enter the first time. It should be fine after that, once the correct ticket is "started".

I am assuming you bought the base tickets for the April trip so that you could book park passes? I honestly think that there will be a way to buy more salute tickets for 2021, either increasing the allotment to 12, or having a separate pool of 2021 tickets. But I understand the concern about waiting for either of those things to happen, without being able to book park pass reservations. We used our 6 salute tickets in January, and have another trip booked in January, 2021. I am waiting for a way to purchase salute tickets for that trip. So far only AP slots for park pass reservations are filling, and even then only for dates in the next few weeks. But it's good to do whatever feels most comfortable for you!

You will have to make sure that the tickets are prioritized correctly in MDE. You can call and ask that it be done, but I would confirm at guest services at the park before you enter the first day. Be sure to check in MDE that it was done correctly after you enter the first time. It should be fine after that, once the correct ticket is "started".

I am assuming you bought the base tickets for the April trip so that you could book park passes? I honestly think that there will be a way to buy more salute tickets for 2021, either increasing the allotment to 12, or having a separate pool of 2021 tickets. But I understand the concern about waiting for either of those things to happen, without being able to book park pass reservations. We used our 6 salute tickets in January, and have another trip booked in January, 2021. I am waiting for a way to purchase salute tickets for that trip. So far only AP slots for park pass reservations are filling, and even then only for dates in the next few weeks. But it's good to do whatever feels most comfortable for you!

You are correct in your assumption. While I figured it was possible that 2021 Salute tickets were going to be offered, we were planning to go the week before Easter, and while I am sure the pandemic will still be a thing, I was concerned of the limited availability for the 2nd busiest time of the year, Spring Break, and did not want to wait around to see what happened, so I bought the single day tickets because we will have used 5 of the 6 salute tickets already... all for park passes... which if they hadn't been a thing I would have waited... now watch, they won't be a thing by the time we go ;) I figure if they offer 2021 tickets (or increase the 2020 ones to 12) perhaps we can go again in Late 2021 for my DS's senior graduation or something, but if not, no big deal, since we'll have gone already earlier in the year. Thanks for letting me know about setting priority.

I just bought the Military Salute tickets for our March 2021 trip. The gentleman and I also discussed the possibility of Salute tickets for after September 2021. Both of us were leaning towards the PP suggestion that tickets won’t start up again til 2022. Who knows? We also talked about the Salute tickets being park hopper. If Disney opens up hopping in 2021 we’re good to go!
Did you buy your tickets through SOG?

Just a quick clarification- I know the 2020 tickets have been extended to September 2021. Am I still able to use the days anytime throughout that period? Like a day in October, another in December, etc. Using up all of my days prior to September 2021? I know this used to be the case, hoping it is still that way! Thanks for any help!

Just a quick clarification- I know the 2020 tickets have been extended to September 2021. Am I still able to use the days anytime throughout that period? Like a day in October, another in December, etc. Using up all of my days prior to September 2021? I know this used to be the case, hoping it is still that way! Thanks for any help!
No changes that I have seen.

Just a FYI. It could happen as there have been blockout dates in the past>

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/blog/disneys-armed-forces-salute-blockout-dates/
Disney World has not announced any further Blockouts for 2020 or 2021, but they could realize this error in the future and implement something like my guesses below:
  • Expect them to be 19 – 31 December 2020
  • Expect roughly 26 March through 11 April 2021 within a day or 2 difference on either end

No blackout days. This is directly from the current Disney website:

Valid Admission Dates
January 1, 2020 through September 26, 2021 (no blockout dates)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2020/details/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter