Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

Hmmm...another question not addressed: It reads that only park hoppers are available? Last Feb when DS bought tickets from the base we had the option of buying base tics,meaning no PH option. Without being able to park hop right now, is I wonder if base tics are an option.

Salute tickets have ALWAYS had the park hopper included; there's never been an option for no park hopper. So, either you didn't buy Salute tickets OR you're confusing the park hopper with the water park add-on. The water park add-on is optional.

Salute tickets have ALWAYS had the park hopper included; there's never been an option for no park hopper. So, either you didn't buy Salute tickets OR you're confusing the park hopper with the water park add-on. The water park add-on is optional.
Oh,ok...so maybe it was actually water park add-on...but I know there was 2 different options...

My brother got Salutes but he can't make park reservations for Jan 2021 because ticketing says they're only good thru Dec 2020. They wouldn't budge on that. Should he call SOG or IT?

It does say that. But apparently one department doesn't know what's going on in another department!

Call Disney IT to get the expiration extended. It should happen automatically, but it wouldn't hurt to call.

I think the IT number is 800-848-6413. I think they may have been the ones that helped us one time when we were having troubles linking our Disney Springs area resort reservation.

Not surprising. The available rooms were limited anyway, and the way things are working for the rest of 2020, it makes sense to not offer a room discount to anyone. It's unfortunate, but I get why.
I get it too but was surprised since they just recently listed a 40% passholder discount (and I thought I saw a 35% rate somewhere for FL residents also recently released).

Without the resort discount, I might actually rent DVC points for our rescheduled trip.

I dropped by Steve's page to see if he heard anything and he had this update:

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...-armed-forces-salute-room-discounts-are-back/
UPDATE – 16 July 2020 – When we originally posted this Disney Military Room Discounts were working just fine for 2020. We are personally aware of many that were booked, so the discount still worked in their system. However over the last week we began to get reports from our Travel Advisor (link removed in case it's not allowed here) at some Disney cast members were refusing to make military discount reservations, while other cast members would. This required numerous calls to secure reservations.

Then yesterday everything hit a brick wall. All cast members now say they were prohibited from making military resort reservations for 2020!

(Sorry mods if this is the wrong thread, but I wanted to share since many people have or plan to book rooms to go with their Salute Tickets)

I dropped by Steve's page to see if he heard anything and he had this update:

https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...-armed-forces-salute-room-discounts-are-back/
UPDATE – 16 July 2020 – When we originally posted this Disney Military Room Discounts were working just fine for 2020. We are personally aware of many that were booked, so the discount still worked in their system. However over the last week we began to get reports from our Travel Advisor (link removed in case it's not allowed here) at some Disney cast members were refusing to make military discount reservations, while other cast members would. This required numerous calls to secure reservations.

Then yesterday everything hit a brick wall. All cast members now say they were prohibited from making military resort reservations for 2020!

(Sorry mods if this is the wrong thread, but I wanted to share since many people have or plan to book rooms to go with their Salute Tickets)
I'm wondering if it's because they offered the 40% for AP and the Florida resident discount? "Prohibited" is a strong word. Sad that the discount has been offered for so many years and to be taken away so quickly.

I recently read on the resorts board that someone called Sunday and got the military discount for CBR.
I wished I had called back. About a week ago, when I tried to add a standalone night to my price-protected stay, I was told there were no military discounts to do that. I meant to call back but time got away from me (and I was honestly needing a break from hold times! :) )

I wished I had called back. About a week ago, when I tried to add a standalone night to my price-protected stay, I was told there were no military discounts to do that. I meant to call back but time got away from me (and I was honestly needing a break from hold times! :) )
Glad you posted on Steve's site so he got the heads up. Hopefully, once Sept. comes around we will get more info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter