Yes, fireworks can be cancelled or delayed due inclement weather, though cancellations are extremely rare. But the dessert party portion goes on rain or shine, which is what Disney says you’re paying for (though many of us here would argue the real value is in the view!)

Yes, fireworks can be cancelled or delayed due inclement weather, though cancellations are extremely rare. But the dessert party portion goes on rain or shine, which is what Disney says you’re paying for (though many of us here would argue the real value is in the view!)
That's what I figured. Thanks for the reply. We are definitely paying for the view/spot for Fireworks, especially considering potential crowds on Christmas day. We've never been on Christmas day, and don't really want to camp out for hours for the Fireworks. I think the dessert party will be a perfect little treat to end the day, as well, while the mass exodus from the park ensues. HA!

No, unfortunately. It was 3 pieces of lemon cake, 4 brownie bites, 2 pineapple desserts, 2 chocolate covered strawberries, 2 very large chocolate chip cookies, and a cup of sugar coated gummies. The plate was huge and my Mom was told that she could have more of whatever she wanted. She was also informed that all drinks except the hot chocolate were safe.
I just want to point out that the gf items for the dessert party vary. I've done the party a few times and they change up the cakes and sometimes add tiny cupcakes of varying flavors, spice cake and chocolate pound cake. The spice cake was practically inedible, the lemon is pretty good, some of the cupcakes are ok, but a lot of the items are Erin McKenna's and I don't like her stuff in general. I do much better with the fruit and cheese at the buffet and chocolate covered strawberries.
FWIW, if you do a BOG breakfast they will have some of the same pound cakes (lemon, chocolate, spice) as your pastries.

I'm planning on booking the HEA Dessert Party with the terrace view for my daughter's birthday 7/20. If I'm reading things correctly, I will be able to book 180 days out, correct? Are there still Photo Pass photographers in the terrace area? Also, would we be able to watch OUAT from the terrace or would we have to move? If we'd need to move, where would be a good place? TIA

We just did the terrace party on 7/26 and we did have a photopass photographer come around. I’m not sure about staying for OUAT, as we left the area right after the fireworks to hit up a couple of rides before closing.

Did we ever figure out how much of the left non dessert party garden was blocked off for the CRT special package?

I need to convince my husband the dessert party is worth it. He’s difficult.

I'm planning on booking the HEA Dessert Party with the terrace view for my daughter's birthday 7/20. If I'm reading things correctly, I will be able to book 180 days out, correct? Are there still Photo Pass photographers in the terrace area? Also, would we be able to watch OUAT from the terrace or would we have to move? If we'd need to move, where would be a good place? TIA
My mother and I sat there for a while in May. The CMs come in and start to clean up the tables. We asked one, and she said they can't really kick you out, but they do rope it off and work in there. We didn't want to be in their way, so we waited for the bulk of the crowd to clear out and then walked over to the plaza garden to watch OUAT. There's really no one in there after the fireworks are over.

And then, since the park was closing not long after, we sat around there and waited for the kiss goodnight.

Wanted to report on our experience with the before fireworks dessert party on 8/22. This is the second time we've done this and I was concerned that the viewing area would be very crowded now that there is an "after" part as well. No need to worry, although it was fairly full, it was by no means crowded. There was plenty of space to spread out and for the kids to play before the start. We went over around 8:30 and had no problem getting a spot in by the back railing. People were coming in right up to the start of HEA and found spots to stand easily. There was a photopass photographer in the garden as well, which was new for us. Great experience and those cheeseburger egg rolls- YUM!!

Hello

I was going to book the Tomorrowland desert party

Can someone tell me -

Is there a limited seating area or will you defo get a seat for the show

Is the view any good, as I hear a few people saying it’s blocked a bit. Surly must be good when your paying all this for it

Should I get there early or is all seating areas good

Also we have a skipper canteen booking at 5pm do u think this is enough time before the deserts which start at 9pm and to enjoy them with out been full lol

Last edited:
Hello

I was going to book the Tomorrowland desert party

Can someone tell me -

Is there a limited seating area or will you defo get a seat for the show

Is the view any good, as I hear a few people saying it’s blocked a bit. Surly must be good when your paying all this for it

Should I get there early or is all seating areas good

Also we have a skipper canteen booking at 5pm do u think this is enough time before the deserts which start at 9pm and to enjoy them with out been full lol

If you book the Terrace party you will have a guaranteed seat. Your view will be decent, but off to the side and slightly obstructed by trees. We still love the view and find it worth it, though. I think your 5:00pm dinner will be too close to the party. Last month was our 5th time doing the party. We didn’t get the most out of our first couple of party experiences because I had scheduled a full dinner in advance of them. We found that even an early dinner is too much. We now just do a late lunch on Dessert Party day and then have a snack around 4ish. The desert party has savory items as well, so it kind of just becomes our dinner.

Help! We booked the After HEA Dessert Party w/ Plaza Viewing, not realizing that the Thursday night we picked in Sept. was also a "Disney After Dark" event night. Will we still be allowed to go back to the buffet after viewing the fireworks and remain there leisurely, or will we be asked to leave at 9pm since we don't have the D.A.D. hard ticketed extra event booked?

TIA!

Help! We booked the After HEA Dessert Party w/ Plaza Viewing, not realizing that the Thursday night we picked in Sept. was also a "Disney After Dark" event night. Will we still be allowed to go back to the buffet after viewing the fireworks and remain there leisurely, or will we be asked to leave at 9pm since we don't have the D.A.D. hard ticketed extra event booked?

TIA!

You're all good, no need to worry - happens all the time. You can eat your desserts and head out of the park at your leisure - you just can't ride rides, go deeper in the park, etc.

Hi all! Quick question. Has availability not been released for the first week of March yet? I checked for everyday the first week of March, and the system is saying there are no tables available. Surely it's not sold out this far in advance, right??? Please give me hope!!

Hi all! Quick question. Has availability not been released for the first week of March yet? I checked for everyday the first week of March, and the system is saying there are no tables available. Surely it's not sold out this far in advance, right??? Please give me hope!!

Yeah, late to respond here, but the dessert parties hopped of the 180 day bookable pattern starting 2/1/19, for some reason (has happened on/off in the past though). My personal hunch is maybe there will be a format or price change, or it could just be nothing and they'll add dates eventually. So now we wait...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter