(MNSSHP) YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!! Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

Wow, they really did change some of the treats.

Yeah and I think my mum just wanted to sing 'do you wanna build a snowman'! haha:rotfl2:
Oh I see, no I hadn't seen this app! I will have to look into it!
Staking out a place for a parade is sometimes the most annoying part of the day as it can take so much time out of your day, so sitting at a table indoors beforehand sounds much better!
I can understand why they would be wearing their sweaters around their waists and over their shoulders, as it was unbelievably hot the two weeks I was there, and I would never dream of wearing a sweater in that heat, even at the moment in England I would never think of wearing a sweater!!!!

The app is really nice. You can add Disney characters to your own pictures or take new pictures with Disney characters or backgrounds.

The Backlot Express is our old faithful spot. It's a great way to beat the heat for a parade.

The last few times we went to DHS they were wearing their sweaters and hats even to and from break. Now that's HOT.

No we are going to take the red eye in on Thursday night, check into POR Friday am and then get the shuttle (part of ticket package we are getting) over to Universal just for the day, figure since that's all we want to ride/see we should have enough time

I didn't realize there were ticket packages including transportation to Universal. Do they use Mears or another line?

We were at POR on Wednesday night with friends to see Yeehaw Bob's show. We had a great time.

I know that you said there were some changes but everything still looks delicious! It sounds like you made a great viewing spot choice. You had a good view of the stage and the fireworks.

It was delicious. My only complaint was that the cupcakes were very dry. Cupcake papers would have helped keep in the moisture and freshness.

We were happy with the view!

Wow, they really did change some of the treats.

Yes, a few things changed. But everything was really good except the cake. I ate the icing and white chocolate coin on top of the cupcakes. That was really good.

I wanted to let you know that the Anna and Elsa cupcakes for sale at Oaken's were safe for my peanut allergic daughter. She was soooo happy!! :cool1: (Olaf is not safe.)

Sorry for repeating this post I made a few weeks ago, but is there ANY news about Frozen summer being extended? We've been trying so hard to make a trip but the airlines are just killing us. No flights less than $500 on such short notice.

Sorry for repeating this post I made a few weeks ago, but is there ANY news about Frozen summer being extended? We've been trying so hard to make a trip but the airlines are just killing us. No flights less than $500 on such short notice.

Lots of rumors circulating. But Disney's official word is still Sept 1.

Have you considered going to Anaheim for Celebration? We thought about it, but it's looking less and less likely. Especially if SWW will be the next month after that.

We played in the snow again yesterday. I wore my sneakers this time and didn't make a total fool of myself. Just partially did, lol.

Aurasma pictures are coming up soon. They end up looking a lot like magic shots. Expect for the person taking the picture. You get to watch the characters get into position. It's pretty neat.

Kris changes his appearance a bit the last couple times we saw him. You'll see. ;)

It sounds like so much fun, but I seriously hate traveling. I would be miserable after that flight.

Yay for playing the snow!! Hehe. That app looks pretty cool. I want my picture taken with Olaf... AND Sven!!!

I'm really enjoying this TR!!!! And it seems like JJ is having a great time!!!

Thursday night, they're showing 'Frozen' on the big board at the ballpark!! My friend and I are going, so I'm hoping very hard that it doesn't rain!!!

It sounds like so much fun, but I seriously hate traveling. I would be miserable after that flight.

Yay for playing the snow!! Hehe. That app looks pretty cool. I want my picture taken with Olaf... AND Sven!!!

I'm really enjoying this TR!!!! And it seems like JJ is having a great time!!!

Thursday night, they're showing 'Frozen' on the big board at the ballpark!! My friend and I are going, so I'm hoping very hard that it doesn't rain!!!

Thanks, Sue. He is having a blast. We were back again today. There were several changes and it almost felt like it was our first time. The parade was reblocked since we were last there. Some new jokes were thrown into the singalong.

I hope the weather cooperates so you can have fun at the ballpark!

Checking Out the Standby for the Sing-along​

Up to this point we hadn't tried the standby for the sing-along. That was our purpose for FSF this day.

We arrived at the park in time for the parade. But, if memory serves me right, we didn't have enough time to pick up a ticket for the sing-along. We took "our" table at the Backlot Express. We had tried to find a Mickey Premium Bar, but the stands were not open yet. So we just hung out at the table.

Around 10:30am another family was in "our" parade spot.

20140719_103438.jpg

We thought that other people may follow their lead. Because often during SWW once we go out there others join us. So we went out way to early.

They were a very nice family from Maryland. The mother is a cm. She is able to work from home for Disney. How cool is that?! I'd love to be able to do something like that! The kids bonded and had a great time. Lots of cm knew this family.

JJ was spellbound by this caterpillar.

20140719_105108.jpg

After waiting from 10:30 til 11:10am, the parade music sounded! Energy was high. Almost everyone in the parade who went by us waved, high fived, winked, etc. It definitely helped having someone that they knew nearby. :thumbsup2

Anna and Elsa were blowing kisses and waving.

20140719_111407.jpg

20140719_111411.jpg

Backstage, this caught our eye, Jedi Beach.

20140719_111419.jpg

20140719_111651.jpg

After the parade, we went back inside to order food. The other family came inside too to beat the heat before JTA. The kids played together by the door.

Food started early service. It wasn't suppose to open until 11:30, but when we came inside from the parade, it was opened. We all got our usual. Except for DH. He got chicken nuggets and fries. He is tired of Disney burgers. I hadn't asked for one. But dh came back with an Elsa cupcake, yum! We split it three ways.

20140719_113456.jpg

This was pretty exciting. Lately JJ has been able to eat foods he hadn't been able to eat for almost a year. This cupcake's icing, more than likely, had red dye. He did not tick once.

In fact, since they upped his seizure medicine the Wednesday after his VEEG, he hasn't ticked at all!! He is squealing in excitement and flapping his hands they way he use to years ago though.

After lunch we stopped by the green umbrellas by the Premiere Theater for tickets for the singalong. They were letting in the 12:30 show. We decided to get 2:30 tickets.

20140719_135404.jpg

Since we had time to spare, we went to Oaken's Funland. There was a line to get in. And another wait to get into the snow.

20140719_121940.jpg

20140719_125022.jpg

We still had time to spare after the snow. We had a FP+ for the Great Movie Ride. We always get the gangster scene. JJ asked the cm if we could get the "fire scene". She said sure. We had to wait a little longer to get it. But he had fun inside waiting. He was talking up a storm to the cm who we had talked to before the last sing-along. She worked both here and the Premiere Theater. After they sent out just one train to the gangster scene. They then loaded 2 trains and we were on our way.

20140719_133228.jpg

20140719_133300.jpg

We were getting really close to our return window for the sing-along. So once we exited TGMR we headed to the Premiere Theater.

We got there right at the early part of the window. We were pretty far front in the queue back by the Muppet Entrance.

20140719_135846.jpg

This time we entered the theater by the doors that were the FP+ doors for SWW.

20140719_141720.jpg

We had conditioned JJ that our seating was probably going to be in the back of the first section. Close to where we sat for the Conversation with Mark Hamill show. But much to our surprise, a cm ushered us to the front row!! To the exact same spot we sat for the 2nd Premiere package.

20140719_141848.jpg

Theater was very empty when we were seated.

20140719_141915.jpg

We were told that doors would close at 2:20. I was curious if that would be the case, but we forgot to look to see.

The show was awesome as usual. JJ sang his heart out. And dh and I spared those around us.

20140719_150036.jpg

20140719_150128.jpg

After the show, we left the park. I had mentioned about the kiss goodnight pages ago. Well this wasn't goodnight, but we got a kiss good afternoon on our way out.

20140719_151841.jpg

20140719_151843.jpg

**Coming soon...Another FSF Day and then The Day the Standby Line for Anna and Elsa Stopped at the MK.

So happy to hear JJ's ticks are gone with the new meds, hope its the right dosage and he will continue to do great!

Yay for another fun day! didn't know you could request a certain scene for the movie ride, have never been on the fire side...going to ask if we go on it in April :thumbsup2

cool getting front row seats at the sing-a-long and getting to play in the snow again!

I have been following your adventures. I enjoy learning about your family and all the tips you've been sharing.
Thank you!
We will be in HS Sunday 8/24 and hope to take "your spot" at the parade. That is if I can find it :) We have a H&V breakfast at 9:30am and hope to be there in time at 10:30. Last May 2013 we did the breakfast in an hour but at a pre park opening time.

Oh, and I forgot.....we are going to try to get to rope drop at 9am so I can snag some tickets to the 12:30pm sing along.

So happy to hear JJ's ticks are gone with the new meds, hope its the right dosage and he will continue to do great!

Yay for another fun day! didn't know you could request a certain scene for the movie ride, have never been on the fire side...going to ask if we go on it in April :thumbsup2

cool getting front row seats at the sing-a-long and getting to play in the snow again!

He's still having some ticks. But not ones with the severity he was having, thank goodness.

It doesn't hurt to ask about the scene. Often, they don't run that scene and only run 1 car into the gangster scene. But if there are 2 cars running, the first car goes to the "fire" scene. If both scenes are running. It might be worth the wait once for the first scene if they can place you there.

In all our years having an AP and all the times we've gone on TGMR, we have only ever had that scene 3 times.

I have been following your adventures. I enjoy learning about your family and all the tips you've been sharing.
Thank you!
We will be in HS Sunday 8/24 and hope to take "your spot" at the parade. That is if I can find it :) We have a H&V breakfast at 9:30am and hope to be there in time at 10:30. Last May 2013 we did the breakfast in an hour but at a pre park opening time.

Welcome!

"My spot" is all yours. We will not be there that day. You should be fine arriving then or even a little later. You'll see many people at the corner where it turns to go down by Star Tours. But very few people stand after the corner.

Oh, and I forgot.....we are going to try to get to rope drop at 9am so I can snag some tickets to the 12:30pm sing along.

You should have no problem getting at rope drop 12:30. We were able to get 12:30 at 10:45 on Sunday and were surprised.

I'm sure that you were more than happy to share "your spot" with the others since they certainly got a lot of attention from the characters. :thumbsup2 JJ always looks like he is having THE best time.

I'm sure that you were more than happy to share "your spot" with the others since they certainly got a lot of attention from the characters. :thumbsup2 JJ always looks like he is having THE best time.

Oh yes! More than happy to share!

We have seen the parade at least weekly since it started. He is a self-proclaimed parade groupie. I've been able to use it as part of his reward system. Last week he shaved 10 minutes off his times tables. His reward was going to the parade and building a snowman again and the sing-along too.

I've been MIA from this TR for far too long.

A quick update. Frozen Summer Fun was extended til Sept 28. I keep hearing rumors from bloggers and while I'm at the parks that it may be extended into the new year. Of course, nothing is official until Disney announces it. But I think it would be pretty cool to keep it going!

However...I saw on the Villain's Unleashed brochure that SWW will be early summer 2015. SUMMER?! NOT SPRING?! I'd love some clarification on this and especially an official date!! Disney?

While I play catch up on our FSF I'm going to add a PTR to the mix. Next weekend was suppose to be the last of FSF. When I was able to find a value for $75/night, I made reservations.

Instead of a goodbye to FSF, it's turned into a hello again FSF and HELLO MNSSHP. Yes, that's right. We are visiting the first party.

The next day, we are back to FSF and trying out the new FP+ for the Frozen Sing-along.

So Labor Day weekend should be a fun weekend!

Hate to leave without pictures. So here are two interesting ones. On Monday, Kristoff offered JJ carrots for his Sven. And while we were waiting for the parade inside the Backlot Express, he was playing around with the Disney Memories HD App and created this interesting picture with the app. They really need to add Frozen stuff to that app.

Carrots.jpg

1405298967108.jpg

Yesterday, Disney threw a twist into the mix of MNSSHP. For the first time in that party's history, a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event is being added, Villains Sinister Soiree for an additional $99.

We won't be adding this onto our night. It's too pricey. Had it included admission to MNSSHP, I may have considered it.

Along with adding this to Disney's website, they edited the Villains Mix and Mingle. There apparently is no more mix and mingle. But there still is the Villains show at the castle.

The package includes meeting these villains. Not having a package, means we have to find them throughout the park if we want to meet them.

The Evil Queen and Maleficent will be with Snow and Cindy. This is a party first and sounds very exciting! I'm sure it will be a super popular M&G.

Club Villain replaces the Toy Story dance party. Looks like a fun group of villains there. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-scary-halloween-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

That link above mentions the Villains Mix and Mingle. So when that was written the other day, the Mix and Mingle must have still been in the mix. Sad to see the M&G after go, but love the show. I know we will try to see it twice.

Last year, we went to 5 MNSSHP. We had our ritual cut out. Did ToT first to appease ds. In fact, he can't think of anything else until he gets that done. Last year, he couldn't eat any of the candy. This year he can eat anything that doesn't have red dye or high fructose corn syrup. So I'm sure that will make trick or treating that much more fun.

We will skip Jack and Sally's M&G. We saw them last year during the 2nd parade. It was a fun meet.

DS won't visit with the Tremaines, Lotso, Gaston. So we can cross them right off the list. Getting him into Club Villain will be interesting if the Tremaines are there. But I know he will want to see his doctor buddy.

We went to A&E's M&G recently, so that can be crossed off the list too.

I'd like to try the candy corn flavored ice cream if they have it again this year. That's a must do.

We'll catch a parade. Probably watch the fireworks in New Fantasyland. I have a new viewing area. Unless that doesn't work out with parade time. Then we'll watch near the entrance.

I sure hope a party map makes it's way around social media before Monday. I'd love to see one before we go.

DS does not know we are going to the party. It will be a complete surprise. I'm hoping that not knowing will keep him relaxed during the day and that finding out at the last minute will help ease in all the changes being made to the party this year.

In anticipation of MNSSHP, I leave you some of pictures from last year.

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0066-1.jpg

Photo0082FourBySix.jpg

Photo0093FourBySix.jpg

Photo0057FourBySix.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

Photo0030FourBySix.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

Wow, that is a bit pricey. I think that I'd have chosen to skip it too since you'll get to participate in so many other things. If it were somebody who could only go once, then I could see paying it.

I think that you made a wise decision holding off on telling JJ. Like you said, he won't have time to get worked up or worried over the changes but still have time to get excited about going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter