(MNSSHP) YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!! Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

Wow, that is a bit pricey. I think that I'd have chosen to skip it too since you'll get to participate in so many other things. If it were somebody who could only go once, then I could see paying it.

I think that you made a wise decision holding off on telling JJ. Like you said, he won't have time to get worked up or worried over the changes but still have time to get excited about going.

Lol, a bit. Like way, way over the top pricey. For a once in a lifetime trip, super special occasion, etc. I can see it. Or someone with the means to afford it without blinking an eye.

After learning more information about it, I'm not enticed at all. The viewing area is the FP+ area used for FoF. That's pretty close to the castle to view fireworks and Celebrate the Magic, though a nice spot for the parade. I prefer back further for fireworks. Like on top of the train station back further.

A Walk on the Dark Side​

Believe it or not, I don't mean Star Wars. After not using our passes for over a year we went back to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.

We had a really back experience the last time we went. So bad we were going to cancel our APs. But I didn't. And after some encouragement over the phone from a Universal Team member when I called to cancel, we kept them. I also had someone urge me to talk to Guest Services about our last experience. So after we ate dinner at Bubba Gump's on Aug 17th, I stopped by Guess Services at IOA.

The beginning of my Guest Service experience at IOA was far from stellar. We walked inside and there were to TM and 3 sets of guests. There was no queue really. So I stood in the middle since each of those sets of guests were at a station. JJ made friends with one of the kids in there. When it was finally our turn, a person who came after us barged in front of me and started speaking another language to the TM. Next thing I know, the TM is in the back and helping the person who barged in front. JJ said, "I thought we were next." I said, "I did too."

The other TM aplogized. He thought we were with the family that JJ was talking to. He said that the other TM probably did too. So we waited and waited and waited.

Dh called and said he and DS were on their way. But when the door to GS opened just dh came through. DS' pass didn't work. So he was sitting outside the park waiting for us. DH wanted us just to leave. Cancel the passes and be totally done with Universal.

It still wasn't our turn. The TM who helped the person who barged in was standing there, but not finished with her. Her manager was helping those people and she was at a stand still. I asked her about ds' pass. And she said they can't do anything about it in there. We had to go outside the park to that GS to have it taken care of.

Eventually the TM who apologized was open and we went to him. He asked about ds' pass that wasn't working. And guess what?! He was able to fix it. Yes, right there. Bam it was fixed. DH took the pass back outside and gave it to ds who came into GS to join us.

I explained about the problems we ran into with JJ the last time we were at Universal. He asked what would help us. I explained and he said that there is something he can do as a last resort when the usual accommodation doesn't work. He suggested we get both the Attraction Assistance Card and this additional accommodation. He said that the additional one does not include any of the Harry Potter stuff. I said that's fine, ds is afraid of HP so we won't be stepping foot near there. So he issued the tickets and told us that each time we come we'd need to stop by GS to get them.

By this time, there was time for one attraction. Recently, JJ had seen Jurasic Park for the first time. He wanted to go on that ride. DS(20) said told him it goes really fast at the end, but he still wanted to go. We went and he loved it! So much that he begged to go back the next day.

Wow!​

We make the trek from the parking garage to Universal Studios and head over to Guest Services. Show ds' number and within a few minutes we are set.

Our first stop was to Minion Mayhem. Gru was outside greeting guests. A TM was advising people to get in line if they wanted to meet Gru. We got in line and the line was cut off right after us. We were to be the last family.

Gru was awesome. He gave ds a big hug and made us all feel very welcomed.

20140818_160637.jpg

We decided to go on MM. Last time we were there, ds could not go on simulators. Now he can. So he was so excited to get in line. Our tickets were scanned and we got in line. A TM came up to us and asked us to get out of line and follow him. He took us around to another entry point. He explained to another TM it was a medical need. He told us this will get us out of the heat.

Scanning the ticket must have somehow alerted them to the accommodation needed? Because we were brought right inside.

I sat out for Men in Black, while dh and ds rode it. I stayed with the bags. Didn't realize they had free lockers available for everyone's stuff. Ds loved the ride but hated that he had to use an elevator. He said he was never so scared in all his life. Said he never wanted to go on the ride ever again.

Meeting Transformers were up next. Here is where we saw a big difference between Disney's accommodation and Universal's. Several times, I have addressed discussed via email and telephone conversations how I wish there was some type of accommodation for the characters. Up til this year, JJ was given accommodations for SWW characters with the GAC. But since it switched to DAS, there are none. Only for FP+ characters.

20140818_183237.jpg

We arrived to the meet and greet area and were told to go to the exit. As soon as the family was done they quickly got ds in there for a really fast picture with Megatron. We were told to come back in 10 minutes and do the same thing to meet Bumble Bee.

P1040139.jpg

We stopped in the Shrek store and the Transformer's store while we waited.

Found this Her Universe dress.

P1040140.jpg

Met Bumble Bee

P1040143.jpg

We were hungry and went to find Pizza. The food was way more expensive than Disney pizza. At Pop Century a whole large pizza is $15.99. Here the pizza was over $30! We got 2 slices of pizza and a salad, and a chicken parmesan sandwich and a salad. The salad was very good. The pizza was really good too. The pepperonis were very spicy. The two meals we split and drinks were over $40.

I changed JJ's ice packs in his cooling vest. Much to our surprise they were still partially frozen! It was 90 some degrees with a heat index of 104. The accommodations for JJ made all the difference. Even the ice in the cooler was still ice!

With new packs in the vest, we headed out to find a parade spot. We stopped and asked two TM where a good viewing spot in the shade would be. She told us to go down the one street and gave us a name of someone to ask for. We got there, found the person, and he directed us where to go. He said it would be a great spot.

It was a fabulous spot! The parade was so much fun. SpongeBob's float stopped right in front of us. I think every single character gave JJ a high five.

We stood right here, in front of the Macy's sign

P1040148.jpg

P1040151.jpg

P1040153.jpg

P1040154.jpg

P1040157.jpg

P1040161.jpg

P1040164.jpg

P1040165.jpg

P1040167.jpg

P1040168.jpg

P1040169.jpg

P1040170.jpg

P1040171.jpg

P1040179.jpg

P1040185.jpg

P1040188.jpg

P1040189.jpg

P1040190.jpg

P1040194.jpg

Diego signed to JJ "I love you". That was so sweet.

P1040196.jpg

After this we went to ET. In the preshow, it says to keep your eye out for ET's friends. JJ took this so seriously. He loved the ride.

We walked over to IOA after ET. It was another ride on Jurasic Park, then Spiderman, then the Cat and the Hat.

We all had an enjoyable day. Got to the car. Took off his cooling vest and there was still ice in the vest! It was declared the best day ever. And we headed home.

[/CENTER]

Wow is right. I'm so glad your son had such an enjoyable day. It seems to me Universal has really stepped it up lately. I think they notice all the things people complain about at Disney and make an effort to rise above. As much as I love Disney, I enjoy Universal as well. I only wish they had more to offer the toddler and preschool set as it really isn't a good vacation choice for us until the kiddos are tall enough to ride everything. I'm super excited for your family and that you had so much fun.

Wow is right. I'm so glad your son had such an enjoyable day. It seems to me Universal has really stepped it up lately. I think they notice all the things people complain about at Disney and make an effort to rise above. As much as I love Disney, I enjoy Universal as well. I only wish they had more to offer the toddler and preschool set as it really isn't a good vacation choice for us until the kiddos are tall enough to ride everything. I'm super excited for your family and that you had so much fun.

Thanks. It does seem like Universal has stepped it up.

It's difficult with little ones there. Unless you want them to get wet.

When JJ couldn't go on simulators and was photosensitive there was hardly anything he could go on. Stationary seating was his only option. Now his options are more opened. He still can't do anything with a significant G-force. But he loved the ET ride, Minion Mayhem and Spiderman.

We really did have a great time, thanks!!

Yesterday, Disney threw a twist into the mix of MNSSHP. For the first time in that party's history, a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event is being added, Villains Sinister Soiree for an additional $99.

We won't be adding this onto our night. It's too pricey. Had it included admission to MNSSHP, I may have considered it.

Along with adding this to Disney's website, they edited the Villains Mix and Mingle. There apparently is no more mix and mingle. But there still is the Villains show at the castle.

The package includes meeting these villains. Not having a package, means we have to find them throughout the park if we want to meet them.

The Evil Queen and Maleficent will be with Snow and Cindy. This is a party first and sounds very exciting! I'm sure it will be a super popular M&G.

Club Villain replaces the Toy Story dance party. Looks like a fun group of villains there. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-scary-halloween-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

That link above mentions the Villains Mix and Mingle. So when that was written the other day, the Mix and Mingle must have still been in the mix. Sad to see the M&G after go, but love the show. I know we will try to see it twice.

Last year, we went to 5 MNSSHP. We had our ritual cut out. Did ToT first to appease ds. In fact, he can't think of anything else until he gets that done. Last year, he couldn't eat any of the candy. This year he can eat anything that doesn't have red dye or high fructose corn syrup. So I'm sure that will make trick or treating that much more fun.

We will skip Jack and Sally's M&G. We saw them last year during the 2nd parade. It was a fun meet.

DS won't visit with the Tremaines, Lotso, Gaston. So we can cross them right off the list. Getting him into Club Villain will be interesting if the Tremaines are there. But I know he will want to see his doctor buddy.

We went to A&E's M&G recently, so that can be crossed off the list too.

I'd like to try the candy corn flavored ice cream if they have it again this year. That's a must do.

We'll catch a parade. Probably watch the fireworks in New Fantasyland. I have a new viewing area. Unless that doesn't work out with parade time. Then we'll watch near the entrance.

I sure hope a party map makes it's way around social media before Monday. I'd love to see one before we go.

DS does not know we are going to the party. It will be a complete surprise. I'm hoping that not knowing will keep him relaxed during the day and that finding out at the last minute will help ease in all the changes being made to the party this year.

[/CENTER]

Disney, what did you do?! Thursday, I noticed that the Disney Blog was edited and the Evil Queen meeting with Snow and Maleficent meeting with Aurora in Fairytale Hall was removed from the blog post. And under comment #36 it said that Rapunzel and Cinderella would meet in Fairytale Hall.

How do I feel about that dangling carrot? Bummed. It would have been great to have a party first like that. So many people were looking forward to it. Though many were bummed that the princes weren't going to be there. Now it looks like neither the princes nor the villain/princess pair will be there. It sound like it's going to be just like the daytime M&G.

I'm sure some little prince and princesses would have been terrified of the new duos. Perhaps that's why they M&G announced was changed? Others are speculating it's because of the pricey $99 package. I have faith in Disney. My heart wants to believe that because it's Mickey NOT so Scary Halloween Party that the Queen and Maleficent were taken out of Fairytale Hall and will have their own M&G or roaming areas separate, and available to all guests, not just for those who are doing the extra package. Guess we'll find out Tuesday! Though all JJ really cares about is Trick or Treating and seeing Dr. Faciler, everything else is just icing on the cake.

YAY that JJ has been feeling better with the ticks! And that he got to eat the Elsa cupcake!!!

For your sake, I hope when they say "Summer 2015" they mean it in that fake summer way that everyone else uses it... that once it gets warm out (well, up north anyway) that it's suddenly summer.

Never been to Universal. The Transformers look cool. And I love me some minions!

We are back from our fun weekend. I was really concerned about MNSSHP since the character line up was changed twice before the event. But it ended up being the most relaxing event we've done. There was no rush to see characters. The ones we wanted to see were walk up or no wait. And not having the princes there, eliminated all the princesses. Though we did visit with one of them. Pictures and report to come later.

YAY that JJ has been feeling better with the ticks! And that he got to eat the Elsa cupcake!!!

For your sake, I hope when they say "Summer 2015" they mean it in that fake summer way that everyone else uses it... that once it gets warm out (well, up north anyway) that it's suddenly summer.

Never been to Universal. The Transformers look cool. And I love me some minions!

It would be totally fantastic if dates were announce this week instead of December like last year. Dh needs to turn in his vacation time for 2015.

I don't know what the Transformer attraction is. We didn't do it. Most of the attractions have too many warning signs on them.

It's been a really long time since I've posted an update. Lots of fun has happened since the last one. We said farewell to the American Film Institute museum at DHS, and farewell to the Backlot Tour, and Frozen Summer Fun. At Epcot we said farewell to Maelstrom. We said hello to the new Oaken's Trading post and Snowground. And we went to our very first Disney Blog Meet! Pictures to come. But for now I'll leave you with this video. You'll recognize JJ in there twice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PfP8J6OcmeU

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter