(MNSSHP) YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!! Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

lovethattink

TPAS Moderator
YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!!
Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently​

Index

I have a new favorite season at Disney! Never thought I'd find a better time than Star War Weekends or Christmas time. But they've been replaced by Frozen Summer Fun! My dh and ds would beg to differ. SWW is still their favorite. But they had to admit that this event came a close 2nd. Come, follow along with us and see why.

ETA (8/26): This TR has just become a PTR as well. Heading to MNSSHP over Labor Day. Trying out the new FP+ for the Frozen Sing-along on Tuesday! In addition, we've been walking on the dark side, so some Universal reports will be added as well!

Introductions

This is us.​

DSC_0021.jpg

So excited to hear all the details! Thanks for writing a trip report! :love:

Originally I had planned for either dh or myself to spend 1 night somewhere onsite when my son had to stay overnight for a 24 hour Video EEG in Orlando, the other parent would stay with ds. But when I was making the reservation, I saw a passholder special for 2 night stays and free Memory Maker. That sounded great to me! But why just 2? Let's make it 3 nights and have some fun after the test! So I booked July 7-10.

Then the Frozen Summertime Fun was announced. DS and I were very excited. Next came the announcement of the Summer Fun Premium Package. I went and booked it for July 5th, the first day!

Dh asked how on earth we would be able to stay all day at DHS in this heat. Our son can't control his body temperature. He doesn't sweat. So I called Disney and was able to change our reservations for July 5 to 8, passholder room only with free Memory Maker. We were set.

I was told that I needed to check into the resort first in order to activate the MM. So our first stop was to Pop Century. A cm with a handheld checked me in before I even entered the queue. She said our room wasn't ready and tried to find us a room that was. She found a few but they were all on the 2nd or 3rd floors.

A few months back, ds and I were stuck in an elevator and we both are a bit reluctant to use them. He can't do flights of steps. So I opted to wait until a 1st floor room was ready. She took down a contact number and said I'd be texted when the room was available. I asked if there was any Frozen Summer Fun information available. She handed me this brochure. I thanked her and we were off to DHS.

20140705_083309.jpg

20140705_083335.jpg

Parking was easy. Bag check went smoothly. Saw these two people sitting on buckets behind a big sand pile. Wondered what they were going to make. Ds says, I bet they are going to build a snowman!

DSC_1008.jpg

As we passed by the ticket counter I snapped this picture.

DSC_1009.jpg

Off to the entrance were we. (Oops, no Yoda talk here. Time to change modes from SWW thoughts to Frozen ones. Hope I don't get a brain freeze.)

Have you ever had a magic band not work? During SWW we stayed at Disney 4 weekends. (Oh, I'm back to Star Wars again. What can I say, it's a big part of our lives. Guess the Star Wars talk stays too.) Anyway, back to the magic bands. One weekend our bands wouldn't work for the room. We had two rooms and both rooms had problems. Another weekend, it was just my band. It wouldn't work for room entry. Took an hour to fix. Then it wouldn't work for park entry. That was another hour spent at Guest Services. Would the band work this first day of Frozen? Would Memory Maker work?

Yes, it worked first try! We were in! Take-along Olaf was easily spotted.

DSC_1010.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg

DSC_1011.jpg

Frozen was everywhere. There were banners, marquees, and Olaf. The only thing missing was Frozen music. The park was eerily quiet and void of any music. Is DHS always music free when it's not SWW?

DSC_1013.jpg

DSC_1018.jpg

DSC_1019.jpg

DSC_1022.jpg

It was almost 9:30. We knew it was time to get ds into the air conditioning so he'd be cooled off before the parade. Oaken's Trading Post sounded like a good way to cool off. But how would the line look? Would we be able to get in there and inside in time to cool off before checking in for the Premium Package?

Enjoying your report. We plain to have our first day at HS on 12th August but as it's my sons 14th birthday I don't think there will be much Frozen on the agenda. Will be a quick visit to ride his favourite rides then off to Typhoon Lagoon for the waves. But we have 18 nights in Orlando as part of our 23 night trip so sure we will find the time. Looking forward to reading more.

Yay!! a FSF TR!! Loving the pics!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Welcome. Thank you!

I cannot wait to read the rest of the TR. We will be there on July 25th.

Welcome, Thanks! So excited for you. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Enjoying your report. We plain to have our first day at HS on 12th August but as it's my sons 14th birthday I don't think there will be much Frozen on the agenda. Will be a quick visit to ride his favourite rides then off to Typhoon Lagoon for the waves. But we have 18 nights in Orlando as part of our 23 night trip so sure we will find the time. Looking forward to reading more.

Welcome. Thank you so much. Even if you don't get to have Frozen Fun on the 12th, you can still check things out from a distance and have a better idea of what's going on. Wow! 18 nights in Orlando! You'll have plenty of time to see it later. I hope your so enjoys his 14th bday!

I'm jumping in and following :) I love the thread you started on the event and can't wait to read your report.

Theresa

Joining in!

Very excited to hear all about FSF! I am in love with everything Frozen. My dog had puppies this summer and their names are, of course, Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff!

Love the family picture! JJ is stylin' in his cool hat!

After the problems that you had with the bands previously, I'm betting that you were happier than happy that they worked first try.

As we were heading to Oaken's, ds let us know that his ice packs in his cooling vest were melting. He can't control his own body temperature. So we needed to make a trip to First Aid, before heading to Oaken's.

The packs are great. They freeze at 58 degrees. So no freezer is required, just refrigeration or surrounded by ice is required. Needed to swap out the packs and get ice for the cooler to keep the extra packs frozen.

DS was so happy to see Pam the nurse. He got to know her very well during SWW. We make a lot of trips to First Aid. She got us all fixed up and we were on our way back to Oaken's.

Along the way to and from First Aid, I snapped pictures.

This is where the parade begings. We stood here on Sunday and Tuesday. I'll report back with the pros and cons of that area.

DSC_0003.jpg

This is the area that will be the new Starbucks. The construction takes away a large parade viewing area.

DSC_0002.jpg

Going through the stores on the left hand side of Hollywood BLVD in order to stay in the air conditioning, we found a penny press machine that makes a Frozen penny!! How cool is that?!

DSC_0004.jpg

IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/lovethattink/Frozen%20Summer%20Fun%20Misc/DSC_0005.jpg[/IMG]

DSC_0006.jpg

We discovered a w/c viewing area beside the Premium Package viewing area.

DSC_0008.jpg

I'm getting forgetful and don't remember which area this picture was. I know to the right side of Hollywood blvd down by the stage there was a parent viewing area for the kids in the parade and another w/c viewing area. This is one of the two areas or maybe both?

DSC_0009.jpg

We saw this sign right after we passed under the arch.

DSC_0013.jpg

We never made it to Oaken's. This was the line. It was at TSM and was approximately a 2 hour wait. We'd have better luck the next day!

DSC_0015.jpg

For those that went to SWW. Remember when they ran out of stormtrooper mugs? Well guess what?! They have them now!! So if you missed your chance to get one then, you can get the mugs and the popcorn bucket at the stand near TSM!

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

It's so nice to hear that First Aid (specifically, Pam) is there to help with JJ's ice packs.

Wow! Oh Wow! That line to Oaken's is crazy long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter