Monsters University Scare Cards

Herbie2222

Earning My Ears
I am sure that a few of you have seen the "Scare" cards that Disney released with the new Monster University movie. It sounds like they were handed out at the 24 hour event at the begining of the summer. I have seen a few hitting EBay, but not like other releases in the past. Does anyone have any information regarding these? I also know about the 10 card projectionist set, but I am looking for info on the 5 card packs given away in the parks. I have only been able to identify 29 individual cards, but the numbers on the back lead me to believe that there might be as many as 67 cards.

30 cards would seem to be about right for a Disney park issued card set, but I would like to see if anyone has a more detailed checklist than I do. I think that I have 25 of the 29 now if anyone is looking for pictures of any specific cards.

Thanks

Jason

I am sure that a few of you have seen the "Scare" cards that Disney released with the new Monster University movie. It sounds like they were handed out at the 24 hour event at the begining of the summer. I have seen a few hitting EBay, but not like other releases in the past. Does anyone have any information regarding these? I also know about the 10 card projectionist set, but I am looking for info on the 5 card packs given away in the parks. I have only been able to identify 29 individual cards, but the numbers on the back lead me to believe that there might be as many as 67 cards.

30 cards would seem to be about right for a Disney park issued card set, but I would like to see if anyone has a more detailed checklist than I do. I think that I have 25 of the 29 now if anyone is looking for pictures of any specific cards.

Thanks

Jason

I have bought about 12 or 13 packs of these. I have came up with 23 cards so far. the highest number that I have is 67 also. So I emailed the dealer that I purchased them from and he said there are only 30 cards in the set, but the numbers jump. He said he was out of town for the weekend, but when he returns on Monday, he would send me the complete list. He said he wasn't sure why they numbered the things the way they did. But he assures me there are only 30 in the set. Not counting the projectionist set. I have 2 projectionist sets and 16 different extra scare cards. I am looking now to get the 2001 Monsters Inc. set.

Hope this helps and I will update once I hear back from the card dealer on Monday.
-Randy

Thanks for the info, I would be realy interested in the 30th card, since I have still only seen 29, and a few other people believe the same.

My guess on the numbering is that they made it looks like a "real" set, but have only included the Monsters Inc "players", I think that we are to assume that the other missing numbers are for the other scare companies. That is almost a shame, since they could have included some of the characters from the movie and filled in a lot more of the story with the other scare companies and info about them. I would have also loved a Dean Hardscrabble rookie card, even if it was a limited edition available in trade with cast members, or some other limited way of distribution.

Here is my almost current checklist. I have finally found numbers for a couple of the ones at the end, but don't have them with me.

3 Frank McCay
4 Earl Thompson (Rookie)
6 Hank Knapp
7 Walter Friedman
8 Betty Stevenson
11 Raj Kapoor
13 Darryl Payne
16 Earl Thompson (12th year)
17 Kowalski Sisters
18 Bob Gunderson
19 Carla Benitez
21 Carl Johnson
22 Jerry Jablonski
23 Clive Carver
24 Dorothy Newbern
26 Rufus Remerez
27 Jason Chiang
50 James P Sullivan
51 Randall Boggs
59 Bob Peterson
61 Ricky Plesuski
63 Pete Ward
65 Harry Luckey
66 Augustus Jones
67 Josh Rivera

?? Ted Pauley
?? Joe Ranft
?? Nick Schmidt
?? George Sanderson

Let me know if you ever heard back from the dealer on the full checklist.

Thanks,

Herbie

After looking at a few of the other listings, I am wondering if the 30th card they are talking about is the title card.

I think you are right. The 30th card seems to be the cover card. I did speak with him over email and he is still working out of town. he hopes to get me the checklist by the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed lol.

Here are the ones that I have so far:

No# Cover Card
3 Frank McCay
4 Earl Thompson (Rookie)
6 Hank Knapp
7 Walter Friedman
8 Betty Stevenson
11 Raj Kapoor
13 Darryl Payne
16 Earl Thompson (12th year) Pretty neat how they did that.
17 Kowalski Sisters
19 Carla Benitez
21 Carl Johnson
23 Clive Carver
26 Rufus Remerez
27 Jason Chiang
50 James P Sullivan
59 Bob Peterson
60 Joe Ranft
61 Ricky Plesuski
62 Nick Schmidt
63 Pete Ward
64 Ted Pauley
66 Augustus Jones
67 Josh Rivera

I am missing these cards:
65 Harry Luckey
51 Randall Boggs
24 Dorothy Newbern
22 Jerry Jablonski
18 Bob Gunderson

Even with the cover card, that is still 29. So I am guessing George Sanderson has to the be the 30th. If you or anyone you know needs any, I have extras of the following. Plus I have 5 more packs on the way.

Extras I have:
Cover Card x 6
06 Hank Knapp
11 Raj Kapoor x 2
13 Darryl Payne x 2
27 Jason Chiang
60 Joe Ranft x2

Sorry I haven't been on here. Its been a busy week. By the way, I live in Ohio too. And.....
Did they really not make a Mike Wazowski ???????

To bring it up to date, I am posting the complete numbers as I know of them. And I am wondering if they will do the 'competitor' cards at another time or a different way of distribution ? That would be neat to fill in the gaps. But here is the complete list of what I have posted and you have posted.

No# Cover Card
3 Frank McCay
4 Earl Thompson (Rookie)
6 Hank Knapp
7 Walter Friedman
8 Betty Stevenson
11 Raj Kapoor
13 Darryl Payne
17 Kowalski Sisters
18 Bob Gunderson
19 Carla Benitez
21 Carl Johnson
22 Jerry Jablonski
23 Clive Carver
24 Dorothy Newbern
26 Rufus Remerez
27 Jason Chiang
50 James P Sullivan
51 Randall Boggs
59 Bob Peterson
60 Joe Ranft
61 Ricky Plesuski
62 Nick Schmidt
63 Pete Ward
64 Ted Pauley
65 Harry Luckey
66 Augustus Jones
67 Josh Rivera
#?? George Sanderson (Unknown) Im guessing either #5 or #25.

And another dealer told me he never seen any of the cards numbered in the 30s or 40s. Those would have been the competitive company cards most likely.

The Projectionsist set does have the Sulley and Mike rookie card though. that is pretty neat. Thanks and talk soon
-Randy

It looks like there are a couple of cards that are more rare than others. The George Sanderson being one of them (the others that you need are included on the rare list). No one on ebay has ever showed the back of the Sanderson card clearly. The one almost full back shot had the left edge covered so you couldn't see the number.

For the cards you are looking for, the Randall will be in either the pack with Bob Peterson, or Augustus Jones. Harry Luckey will be in the pack with Clive Carver, but that pack hasn't had the clear pattern of the other packs. If you don't get either one, I have extras of those.

The others that you need , either I also need, or I bought in lots off ebay, so I am not sure where they tend to show up. I would avoid the packs with Carla Benitez and Carl Johnson, they don't seem to differ from the same 5 cards each time.

If you find someone with a couple of extra Jerry Jablonski or George Sandersons, at this point, I would trade quite a few cards for them, just to finish my set.

I just wish that people would start posting more single cards/open packs, so that I don't have to deal with the blind sealed packs. I am going to start listing individual cards to try and recoup my investment so far :)

Thanks for that info. I just bought Randall and Bob Gunderson in a lot on ebay.They other 5 packs I bought had noone in it I needed. I listed them as a lot on ebay. $40.00 spent for no new cards.

I went through the completed listings on ebay to look at the ones I am missing. I've been following these cards pretty heavy on ebay. I don't know how so many of those open lots of cards got past me. I think I might have been narrowing my searches to the trading card category only. Ill keep you updated as to what I find. Just missing these 4 now.

65 Harry Luckey
24 Dorothy Newbern
22 Jerry Jablonski
-- George Sanderson

I just listed a bunch of my extras, including a Harry Luckey. I am down to needing a Jablonski and the elusive Sanderson. Thanks.

I will be bidding on the Harry Luckey for sure. I figured up how much money I have spent so far and I am about sick lol...

I have bought 23 packs for $199.23 and 2 loose lots (totaling 22 cards) for $35.44.

I have sold some loose lots and singles giving me back about $60.00 after fees and shipping.

So I am $174 into the game and still don't have a complete set. Should I throw in the towel ? lol

Not counting the $105 I spent on 2 Projectionists sets. :P

Just to give you an update. George Sanderson is number 55. I don't have him yet, but the guy finally let me know on the checklist. We had them all numbered correctly but George. So here is the 'official' checklist.

MU Promotional Pack Cover Card
3 Frank McCay
4 Earl Thompson (Rookie)
6 Hank Knapp
7 Walter Friedman
8 Betty Stevenson
11 Raj Kapoor
13 Darryl Payne
17 Kowalski Sisters
18 Bob Gunderson
19 Carla Benitez
21 Carl Johnson
22 Jerry Jablonski
23 Clive Carver
24 Dorothy Newbern
26 Rufus Remerez
27 Jason Chiang
50 James P Sullivan
51 Randall Boggs
55 George Sanderson
59 Bob Peterson
60 Joe Ranft
61 Ricky Plesuski
62 Nick Schmidt
63 Pete Ward
64 Ted Pauley
65 Harry Luckey
66 Augustus Jones
67 Josh Rivera

Are you still collecting cards? I have some of the cards that have been distributed with the DVD release packs. These include Mike/Sulley, Art, Don, Terri/Terry and Squibbles. I would be interested in trades in you want.

Are you still collecting cards? I have some of the cards that have been distributed with the DVD release packs. These include Mike/Sulley, Art, Don, Terri/Terry and Squibbles. I would be interested in trades in you want.

I would definitely be interested in 3 packs for sure. I could buy or trade.
My email is connieboggs2008 at yahoo.com

Since there are 5 new cards with the release of the DVD packs, here is the new checklist. Bringing the set up to 36 card now counting both cover cards.

MU June 21 Cover Card (Released with the Summer event promo cards)
MU October 29 Cover Card (Released at Disney Scare Clinics over the summer)
1 Mike Wazowski & James P. Sullivan (Rookies of the Year)
3 Frank McCay
4 Earl Thompson (Rookie)
5 Art
6 Hank Knapp
7 Walter Friedman
8 Betty Stevenson
10 Dangerous Don Carlton
11 Raj Kapoor
13 Darryl Payne
15 Terrifying Terri & Terry Perry
17 Kowalski Sisters
18 Bob Gunderson
19 Carla Benitez
20 Scott Scary Squibbles
21 Carl Johnson
22 Jerry Jablonski
23 Clive Carver
24 Dorothy Newbern
26 Rufus Remerez
27 Jason Chiang
50 James P Sullivan
51 Randall Boggs
55 George Sanderson
59 Bob Peterson
60 Joe Ranft
61 Ricky Plesuski
62 Nick Schmidt
63 Pete Ward
64 Ted Pauley
65 Harry Luckey
66 Augustus Jones
67 Josh Rivera

And then of course the 10 card Projectionist set.
1 MU Projectionist Scare Cards Cover Card
2 Mike Wazowski & James P. Sullivan (Rookies of the Year)
3 Randall Boggs
4 Art
5 Scott Scary Squibbles
6 Dangerous Don Carlton
7 Johnny The Jaw worthington
8 George Sanderson
9 Terrifyng Terri & Terry Perry
10 Roaring Rose Levin

What DVD packs are these found in? Can they be located at any retail store or is only the Disney Stores?

If anyone is still working on these I need an Earl #16 and can trade for it, I have pretty much all the others for trade. Send me a message at my email same user name at gmail.com. Thanks.

I am still working on my set. I do not have an extra #16, but I have another batch of packs coming, so I will let you know around the end of the week if I get one. I only need a Jablonski as of now, but I might be open to other cards depending if I decide to finish a second set or not.

Sorry, I opened another 30 packs and didn't get a single #16. In brighter news, I pulled a single Jablonski and Sanderson, so I can officially say that my set is finished.

A little bit in incite as to how I have seen the packs unfold:
If you are set building, go for as many of the packs with Augustus Jones on the back as you can find. Based on my experience with the right 5 or 10 packs, you could be more than half way into the set (19 of 30).
The only reason to buy the packs with Benitez, Carver or Johnson on the back is to get those specific cards, everything else that shows up in those packs is readily available in other packs. There is also very little variability in these packs. Each pack is pretty much the same.
The packs with Peterson and Stevenson seem to be the hot packs for the rare cards. I pulled my only Jablonski out of a Peterson and my Sanderson out of the Stevenson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter