Moonlight Magic AK

I just called DVC and, after checking with her supervisor, she said there are no more tickets to Moonlight Magic and if someone cancels, they are not offering them to others.
I thought that I’d check to see if any member hav 2 reservations that they definitely won’t be using, for myself and my 14 year old son, for July 28th. I am staying on site and will be staying on site the nights of July 25th, which offers extra evening hours at Epcot, and July 27th, which offers extra evening hours at Magic Kingdom. As we only have 2 people at Old Key West, I would be happy to put at least 2 people on my reservation, so you can enjoy extra evening hours, or pool time. Just PM me if you have 2 extra re to the July 26th MM event. Thanks!
Good luck to you. I need one extra for 7/26 also. I guess I should've reserved the max, but didn't want to tie up spots for others

Good luck to you. I need one extra for 7/26 also. I guess I should've reserved the max, but didn't want to tie up spots for others
I had the same experience. I did not secure any tickets (I need two) for the 7/26 MM at DAK. It's my 25th wedding anniversary (literally that day), so I was hoping for some pixie dust.

I waited about 30 minutes to talk to a supervisor. I was firmly told "no waitlist" and "not reopening registration." When I mentioned that there will be many no-shows, the supervisor told me that the no shows "will give those in attendance a more pleasurable event with fewer people in the park."

That kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I have been a member for 15 years. This is the first time that a member event has aligned with one of our trips. I have no luck at all.

Oh, the first CM I talked to told me that I should consider some of the many paid special experiences like photo shoots and a nice meal. LOL.

I'm glad the two of us won't be in DAK to ruin it for the other guests.

It doesn’t bother me much but I’d like my son to experience it. If not, he will have memories of his Universal Studio’s week starting Monday. on the first day of registration for onsite guests, I had number 9,000 and came within 100 of making the cut. Last Wednesday, I got 1,100 and came within 35 of getting a July 26th reservation. The whole concept of a virtual queue without a cutoff number not known in advance, with people being allowed to register for 1, or 5 reservations, or the number of people in their room reservation makes it a crap shoot. Added to that are the people that game the system, using as many devises as possible and as many browsers as possible, either “incognito “ or not, makes it a game when you win but really pisses you off when you don’t. After this trip, I think that I’m through with Moonlight Magic and it’s registration process

The whole concept of a virtual queue without a cutoff number not known in advance, with people being allowed to register for 1, or 5 reservations, or the number of people in their room reservation makes it a crap shoot.
I mentioned this to the supervisor. I also recommended that some preference be given to those who have never attended an event. How many of those going to DAK on July 26 have experienced an event like this in the past? Why not make the first registration option those who have a reservation but have never attended an event? There's no way that Disney doesn't have that data.

I also said that it is unfair that people take more reservations than they need.
Added to that are the people that game the system, using as many devises as possible and as many browsers as possible, either “incognito “ or not, makes it a game when you win but really pisses you off when you don’t.
I mentioned that I didn't know this trick on June 28. I used four devices on July 13. The supervisor told me not to use multiple devices because the DVC site doesn't like simultaneous logins. I didn't have the heart or energy to tell the guy that a DVC login isn't even required. All that is needed is the member number. I have seen posts here detailing how family members were trying, too.

The supervisor told me that he will forward my suggestions, but "the executives" may not act on them.

I did get tickets to the August DAK event, but I completely understand the frustration.

We moved our flight a day earlier when it was first announced to add it to our schedule. Only later did I see the Epcot MM threads and realize availability wasn’t a given.

Perhaps, instead of everyone getting to register for an MM event at each park, DVC could limit it to 1 MM event per calendar year per membership. That would give those of us who live farther away and only take a single trip a better shot at getting into an event that overlaps with our vacation.

I bought 2 Premier Pass Universal Annual Passes this morning. I had a nice day at Universa, exploring rides that weren’t around the last time that I visited Universal Studios 30 years ago. I paid less for a Premier Pass than a comparable pass from Disney. No park reservations, no blackout dates and Universal Express included after 4 PM. I’ll be using it through Sunday. I stay at Disney property Monday through Thursday and will get the last use of my Disney annual pass and possibly Disney. The price increases and the elimination of Magical Express , free FastPasses and extra hours for lower tier Disney resort like the All Stars pushed me to the breaking point and Moonlight Magic was the proverbial last straw. Disney doesn’t want me as a custome, so I’ll find other activities to spend my hard earned money on.

I bought 2 Premier Pass Universal Annual Passes this morning. I had a nice day at Universa, exploring rides that weren’t around the last time that I visited Universal Studios 30 years ago. I paid less for a Premier Pass than a comparable pass from Disney. No park reservations, no blackout dates and Universal Express included after 4 PM. I’ll be using it through Sunday. I stay at Disney property Monday through Thursday and will get the last use of my Disney annual pass and possibly Disney. The price increases and the elimination of Magical Express , free FastPasses and extra hours for lower tier Disney resort like the All Stars pushed me to the breaking point and Moonlight Magic was the proverbial last straw. Disney doesn’t want me as a custome, so I’ll find other activities to spend my hard earned money on.
Us too! For us it’s the lack of APs (we travel at Christmas so not even looking for discounted DVC APs, just APs). We dropped $3500 on USO for next month to get express pass and the DVC portion of the trip is 6 nights but no parks - just a MNSSHP and H20 Glo. We’ll have a vehicle so since we won’t be in the parks we’ll eat off property or at DS. Lots of DVC members are doing similar if social media groups are giving an accurate accounting.

Us too! For us it’s the lack of APs (we travel at Christmas so not even looking for discounted DVC APs, just APs). We dropped $3500 on USO for next month to get express pass and the DVC portion of the trip is 6 nights but no parks - just a MNSSHP and H20 Glo. We’ll have a vehicle so since we won’t be in the parks we’ll eat off property or at DS. Lots of DVC members are doing similar if social media groups are giving an accurate accounting.
I feel this. I think If the trend in direct dvc sales continues to be poor, they are gonna have to put pressure on Parks and Experiences to open back up APs. I think that could be having a huge impact on potential first time buyers.

I feel this. I think If the trend in direct dvc sales continues to be poor, they are gonna have to put pressure on Parks and Experiences to open back up APs. I think that could be having a huge impact on potential first time buyers.
The lack of APs is forcing us to pay more for the travel habits we have been using for the past 15 years. We have always purchased APs, then taken two week-long trips and a one or two shorter trips during the 12 months that the APs were valid.

We arrive for one week this Saturday. We had to buy tickets. It looks like we will need to buy again next May. Two seven day tickets with hopping per person costs much more than one AP per person.

Ugh.

Does anyone know if FOP is open during Moonlight Magic? I'd assume the safari closes at the normal time?

Does anyone know if FOP is open during Moonlight Magic? I'd assume the safari closes at the normal time?
I have never been to a Moonlight Magic at AK but I have been to an after hours event there (2019) and FOP was open. I don't see why it would not be open.

You can arrive early and ride the safari- I thinks sometimes 2 hours before the event but someone will have to post the details after they attend.

We don't go until September.

There are not a lot of rides @ AK and Pandora is beautiful at night, so I would count on FOP and Navi River Journey to be available.

We went to an Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic a few years ago.

The safari might have stayed open till sunset. All other rides were open.

For us, Moonlight Magics are about experiencing the things we can’t normally do during regular park hours. If FOP is a long wait, maybe this is the last thing to get in line for after you’re bored with everything else?

1658346583800.png

Last edited:
Got the email for next weeks MM here’s the details

Are you ready for a night full of excitement? Enjoy select attractions with shorter-than-usual wait times, Disney Character experiences, reimagined entertainment, complimentary special treats and delectable delights!

Here’s everything you need to know:

Event Date: Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Event Time: 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. Disney Vacation Club Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 7:00 p.m. to get a head start on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Event Confirmation email, valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required)
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Main Entrance: 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
  • In Park check-in at the Disney Vacation Club kiosk on the Pandora Bridge near Tiffins Restaurant: 4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Please note: The entire party must be present at check-in. Check-in is only available at the two locations listed above at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for this event.

Valid Theme Park admission and Park Reservation are required to enter Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park prior to 7:00 p.m.

Food & Beverage:
  • When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary Delectable Delight vouchers which can be used for a variety of sweet and savory snacks at multiple locations throughout the park between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. as well as limited locations during the event.
  • Delectable Delights vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
  • Additional food and beverage offerings will be available for purchase.
Transportation & Parking:
  • Complimentary parking is available at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 6:00 p.m.
  • Members must show their digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and event confirmation at the auto plaza to receive complimentary parking.
  • Walt Disney World® Bus service will be available until 1:00 a.m.

Our AK MM entry times were:
2017 - 7 pm entry (9:30-1 am)
2019 - 6 pm entry (9-12 am)

Event Time: 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. Disney Vacation Club Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 7:00 p.m. to get a head start on the fun.

Valid Theme Park admission and Park Reservation are required to enter Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park prior to 7:00 p.m.

Thank you. The entry time appears to be later (7 pm) than in previous years with the same party time 9-12 am.

Keeping my eye on September.

Got the email for next weeks MM here’s the details

Are you ready for a night full of excitement? Enjoy select attractions with shorter-than-usual wait times, Disney Character experiences, reimagined entertainment, complimentary special treats and delectable delights!

Here’s everything you need to know:

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Event Confirmation email, valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required)
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Main Entrance: 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
  • In Park check-in at the Disney Vacation Club kiosk on the Pandora Bridge near Tiffins Restaurant: 4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.
Please note: The entire party must be present at check-in. Check-in is only available at the two locations listed above at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for this event.

Food & Beverage:
  • When you check-in, be sure to pick up your complimentary Delectable Delight vouchers which can be used for a variety of sweet and savory snacks at multiple locations throughout the park between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. as well as limited locations during the event.
  • Delectable Delights vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please reference the voucher for other important details.
  • Additional food and beverage offerings will be available for purchase.
Transportation & Parking:
  • Complimentary parking is available at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park for Members and Special Guests on the event date beginning at 6:00 p.m.
  • Members must show their digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and event confirmation at the auto plaza to receive complimentary parking.
  • Walt Disney World® Bus service will be available until 1:00 a.m.
Also got the email and am very excited for the event on the 26th as it is our first in 22 years of ownership. Quick question though: am I reading this correctly, that the meal voucher is not going to happen? It sounds like snack vouchers only. I wouldn't put it past Cheapek to trim this back. Bummer, as we planned around having a quick service included.

Also got the email and am very excited for the event on the 26th as it is our first in 22 years of ownership. Quick question though: am I reading this correctly, that the meal voucher is not going to happen? It sounds like snack vouchers only. I wouldn't put it past Cheapek to trim this back. Bummer, as we planned around having a quick service included.
None of the MM this year have included meals, just snacks vouchers.

None of the MM this year have included meals, just snacks vouchers.

We actually MUCH preferred the snack vouchers and we felt they were higher value. For example at HS we got 2, funnel cake sundaes for 8.49 each, 2 num num cookies at 7.19 each, 2 popcorn buckets. When they had the quick service meals the lines were REALLY LONG and the selection was very limited. This was in MK in 2018 or 2017. Hopefully they've learned somethings from the previous MM this year and the AK ones will go smoothly. I'm curious if they'll run any of the shows or the safari, if not, everyone will only have 4 -5 things to do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter