Moonlight Magic is Back!

Also allowed cash res at NonDVC resorts so that doesn’t make sense.
also on March 5th, it's just general registration, no hotel reservation needed so not sure why it matters now if they open it to everyone on March 5 with a blue card. Seems kind of petty, but we'll find out here in a couple hours, only been on hold for 30 minutes with MS so far :P

It makes some sense that you'd need to have a reservation on a direct contract but how hard would that have been to put in the communication. It's literally one extra sense.

FWIW I am changing resorts on the 31st so not certain what exactly they looked at to qualify to attend but either way both of the reservations use a mix of qualified points (either grandfathered or direct purchase) and non qualified resale points. The membership is qualified with a blue card but the reservations use both types of points.

I am glad the system looks for resort reservations once the membership number is entered. It preserves the priority booking for resort guests as intended, since yesterday’s emails apparently were sent to guests without resort reservations for the Epcot dates. 😇

I am glad the system looks for resort reservations once the membership number is entered. It preserves the priority booking for resort guests as intended, since yesterday’s emails apparently were sent to guests without resort reservations for the Epcot dates. 😇
that would be great if the system could discern between multiple id's.

Nobody is stating that should be different. It appears there's a missed combination though it where a qualified blue card holding member has a reservation but on their non-qualified membership and the system is not picking up that they have an onsite reservation. Had that person booked a cash room at Pop they would have been fine. Booked at DVC on the other membership though and it's not allowing them to reserve the Moonlight Magic.

says it's now closed....until registration opens for everyone on March 8

That's interesting. So maybe they're holding back spots for general registration?

I got in a few minutes ago and it was still open at that time, but I wasn't booking. Just wanted to see what the system looks like. Missed the reservation window by one night.

That's interesting. So maybe they're holding back spots for general registration?

I got in a few minutes ago and it was still open at that time, but I wasn't booking. Just wanted to see what the system looks like. Missed the reservation window by one night.

No, it says it will open on the 8th "pending availability". Nothing held back to make it a certainty.

That went pretty quickly. The 8th will only have spots if there is availability -ie, cancellations I'd assume.
Oh I think there will be availability. The first date is in the heart of spring break so fairly hard to get a room if you didn't already have one. I don't want to guess what capacity is given early entry but i"m sure it's in 5 figures. I would warn people that having been to the Wine and Dine party during early entry, pretty miserable until the actual party hours. I wouldn't be in a rush to get there at 6, especially around World Showcase until later in the night.

reservation for 17th is on a resale contract but we have direct points on another contract.

Understood, but that didn't answer my question. You have a different issue from my reasoning for asking my question. I'm attempting to find out if people with grandfathered resale contracts are having issues or not.

Oh I think there will be availability. The first date is in the heart of spring break so fairly hard to get a room if you didn't already have one. I don't want to guess what capacity is given early entry but i"m sure it's in 5 figures. I would warn people that having been to the Wine and Dine party during early entry, pretty miserable until the actual party hours. I wouldn't be in a rush to get there at 6, especially around World Showcase until later in the night.

They do not hold back reservations. Since it closed today it is filled and the only availability will be if there are cancellations. There usually are a very few that people snag but that is it.

We've got the point of talking to MS for a few minutes and are waiting for a response.

Understood, but that didn't answer my question. You have a different issue from my reasoning for asking my question. I'm attempting to find out if people with grandfathered resale contracts are having issues or not.
oh, sorry, this is a resale contract AFTER Jan 2019.

No, it says it will open on the 8th "pending availability". Nothing held back to make it a certainty.

I don't know. It's unclear if the "pending availability" applies to the reopening (ie. "registration will reopen if there is availability at that time") or to limited availability when it does reopen (ie. "registration opens to everyone, but only while availability lasts").

I know that's not what they've done in the past, but I don't see why they would say that registration will reopen on March 8 if they're not going to have any space. Hardly seems worth it for a handful of cancellations. If that's all they're going to have, they could have just left registration open for people to check back for spots.

It's also a little unfair to completely block out those who aren't holding a reservation. Maybe that makes sense when the dates are announced months in advance, but for this March 17 date, there was no chance for anyone who didn't happen to be holding a reservation to book one. I could and would have booked an extra night if I'd known about the event. Just got unlucky.

Anyway, I guess we'll find out on March 8.

I tried to register and got a message that "Early Resort Registration is Now Closed". After 90 minutes, it is closed out. I swear I am starting to hate Disney.

They do not hold back reservations. Since it closed today it is filled and the only availability will be if there are cancellations. There usually are a very few that people snag but that is it.

They haven't held back reservations in the past. Do you have a particular reason to believe that's necessarily true today?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter