"Must Do Disney" With Stacey

Ooooh....this thread got me so depressed. We love Stacey's Top 7, especially DD6....when I just noticed this thread, there was only one thing to do...download it to my Zune immediately!

For those that miss the old one....I found the entire version here. (I haven't seen it on youtube.) It's about 96 MB to download...not bad for 30 minutes really...quality is OK, at least it wasn't taped off the TV in someone's room.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7735232902320357041#

So, if we get to Disney and it is not the "same" with the new Stacey, we can get our fix!

SkierPete

Bring back Top 7!!! I missed that show so much when we stayed last. This new one is exactly how everyone is saying. Way too formal and no comedy. My husband and I used to quote her all the time and I'd leave it on that channel constantly before. Now, I find it a little boring and change the channel.:goodvibes I still quote our fav. line, "Summit Plummet".

We LOVE Stacey - we didn't when it first changed to her - I guess we are creatures of habit and were so sad when she came on but she was calm and her perkiness was so annoying you couldn't help but love her...

Each trip my kids run to turn on her show! I will reserve judgement until I see it in good quality in the room but my initial reaction is bring back perky Stacey!!!

Summit Plummet was always our favorite line and no matter what we were doing - all of us would say that in unison when she hit that part!!

I don't like it better than the other Stacy one - the Top 7. But I do like it better than Krissa. I still get shivers when I think of Krissa. :faint:

I wish Disney would stop selling and start delivering on the magic. We paid the money, we're in the rooms. Don't give us commercials. Give us something magical. It's such a disappointment to spend all that money for magic and get commercials. :guilty:

I now bring the iPod and travel speaker, so I'm all set on Disney music and can even theme it to park and fireworks and whatnot. But it isn't all that magical and I shouldn't have to do that.

Just back last night. First thing I did when I got to the resort was flip on the Stacy channel.

Hate the new show. Her little in studio segments make her look aged. And very short (not that that's a bad thing).

They took out all her "lines".

Hate the new one.

Hate it.

Hate it.

Hate it.

It'll be interesting to see the new one based on the feedback here! Frankly, one viewing of the last one was enough for me (not that it's possible to get away with only watching it once), and I always scrambled to change the channel every time I heard her obnoxious braying... but it might be fun if they replaced it with something worse.

Seems like it would be child's play for Disney to get a promotional video right... wonder why they don't try?

Just got back from the D23 Magic & Merriment weekend, and we stayed at the Boardwalk. We took a break mid-day to check in and while we rested I was able to see this new video. There seems to be a LOT of hate for the new version, but honestly I think it is a huge step up from the previous "Top Seven" video. Stacey is incredibly annoying in the Top 7 video, and in the "Must Do" video she is only slightly annoying. A huge improvement in my opinion.

But honestly I don't like either of them. They both come off as chincy infomercials. I'd be much happier if they brought back the Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da Tip for Today program. Maybe it's just childhood nostaliga but I really love that one. All the stop-motion claymation is fantastic in that video, and it has TONS more character than Stacey's boring face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frOdAqw1L4c

never did like stacey much...her voice grates on me a bit. But despite not speaking spanish, i really liked the spanish-language version girl...i tuned in to that one every time. How very annoying to find in june that the 'new' version is the same annoying new stacey show, dubbed in spanish. Haven't tuned in since. Bring back the spanish-language girl! :)

+1

Just got back from the D23 Magic & Merriment weekend, and we stayed at the Boardwalk. We took a break mid-day to check in and while we rested I was able to see this new video. There seems to be a LOT of hate for the new version, but honestly I think it is a huge step up from the previous "Top Seven" video. Stacey is incredibly annoying in the Top 7 video, and in the "Must Do" video she is only slightly annoying. A huge improvement in my opinion.

But honestly I don't like either of them. They both come off as chincy infomercials. I'd be much happier if they brought back the Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da Tip for Today program. Maybe it's just childhood nostaliga but I really love that one. All the stop-motion claymation is fantastic in that video, and it has TONS more character than Stacey's boring face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frOdAqw1L4c

Thanks for the link, I have never seen that, I never went to the world until 2002 (as an adult) so I missed out on some of the good oldies.

Old one was much better. New one is boring, reminds me of a cable tv commercial

Hey bsbrady !,

As much as I Love Hearing about Walt Disney World, and Watching Stacey all in one package, They might has well had Stacey doing a commercial for Directv, Or Dish Network, etc.

WARNING : This may sound kind of " Left Field ", But as you read this post, You will see where I am going on this.

In 1993, MTV Did A Contest and Event to Celebrate The Release of The Movie, " Demolition Man " called " MTV's Demolition Man Jam ".
This was A Mail in Entry Sweepstakes where The Winners got Invited to
The Premiere Party That MTV Held to Celebrate The Release of Demolition Man, Where out of the crowd, One Lucky Person got picked to Press A Button On The Actuator That set off Dynamite Explosives that they had put in place in This 9 - Story Building that they built to take down at This Party that They had to celebrate The Relase of Demolition Man, called
" MTV's Countdown to Demolition ".
Well, In this case, I'd to see Disney do sort of like A
" Countdown to Freedom " Event like that for Stacey, and The Disney Princesses and Fairies.
IF and WHEN this NEW EXTENDED Fantasyland is Built and Opened,
To Celebrate That, I would like to see Disney Get Rid of " Must Do Disney " TV, and Bring Back The Top 7 Must Sees By Having a 2 in One Celebration, Where Stacey Gets To Blow Up The Studio Where They Tape The
Must Do Disney TV Segments and Cut Stacey Back Loose in the Parks Again.
AND One of The Princesses and One Fairy Gets to BLOW UP Their Tents in Mickey's Toontwn Fair. It would Be a " Countdown to Freedom " Celebration
For Them.

~ Dwight

Now that Space Mountain is open again, I say bring back the TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMY!!!!!!

It'll be interesting to see the new one based on the feedback here! Frankly, one viewing of the last one was enough for me (not that it's possible to get away with only watching it once), and I always scrambled to change the channel every time I heard her obnoxious braying... but it might be fun if they replaced it with something worse.

I really, really dislike Stacey. I grew up watching Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel so I wish they'd air a bunch of her WDW specials instead. But I'm all for something worse. At least with the Top 7 you could quote her and laugh. :laughing:

We made fun of her, but honestly if I had the chance to do her job I would without a second thought. At least her old self was fun and she at least acted like she was having fun instead of just reading her lines in a boring fashion.

Oh My! It had been awhile and I didn't even realize it was Stacey - thought it was a new show / new person thats how much her lack of enthusiasm has changed.

Guessing people complained about how obnoxious it was before and they toned it down. I agree, though, they seem to have gone too far.

We were at WDW the week after Thanksgiving and I have to say that I really, really missed the old Stacey. It just seemed like something was missing from our trip. Last year and years past we kept the TV turned on to her at all times. My daughter loved her so we got in all the Stacey we could while we were there. This year was just Blah. We watched it once and that was the end of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter