• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Photobucket is private for now due to IMMORAL thief

Maybe she switched it from public to private or secret, or something like that. It didn't come up for me when I just tried, but it did earlier.

@Lady Boadicea , I missed your question earlier about which option I picked when reporting her. Honestly, I'm not sure. It was difficult to find something that fit, and I'm not even sure what I chose now. It was not easy to report her. It took a long time to try and figure something out that I could send.

Last edited:
I finally just went through and reported each one individually. I also messaged her but then later in the day I noticed she added more of mine so I have reset all my passwords to my PB.

Lady Boadicea just alerted me to some of the images I have made also appeared on her ebay posts. I asked her to take them down and I will check on that part shortly. I also informed her about not being able to sell anything with Disney copyrighted material and she is mentioning that somehow someone got photos of her young grandkids off of FB and are making death threats. Please stop this type of harassment if anyone you know is doing this. As we know, we all started disigning because of the joy of making someone else smile. I totally understand outrage over our works that we put a lot of time and effort into being used in a way in which it was not intended. Unfortunately, unless we alert Disney to this... there really isn't anything we can really do. People will interpret stuff however they can and if they think they can make a buck.... then unfortunately it is hard to stop. From the second you post any image to the internet, it is something that can be used in ways we can't dream of. I have my disigns on flickr and had stopped personalizing them because I had a lack of free time. I have left them up so the folks here can personalize them themselves if they want to. I don't want to watermark them all so they are useless. And password protecting the albums.... I would think it's too late. Any other ideas about that?

Death threats? That is crazy!

I will put a "SAMPLE" across any new ones I create but I cannot possibly go back and do that for the thousands I have already posted. I may start a new folder on my PB that I will password protect rather than being Private. This one will only contain those with the SAMPLE across the face. I have also considered posting all that include a Mickey head with the words "created by Marion" repeated across the head.

I hate seeing this. It just burns my biscuits! :grouphug:

It upsets me that someone would do this, but sadly, it's rampant. You'd think that DIS'ers would respect the rules and Disney's copyright, but for many people, if they can find it on Google (photos, clip art, graphic designs), it's fair game even though they wouldn't voluntarily plagiarize a known author. Blog posts are lumped in with "I found it on Google".

I had one of my best friends "design" an ad for a group and use designs a designer friend created and was selling in the ad. She'd had someone remove my design friend's logo over the design, but I could still see it. I called her out on it and she said that if it's on Google images, it's not copyrighted. And the offender is an author who goes after people who plagiarize her or quote her without permission. :headache: Rest assured that I did set her straight, but some of our other friends are still upset with me about it. True, she wasn't selling it, but she still used a copyrighted design without permission.

The admins in this forum, Marion and others, have made it very clear that all DISigns are for personal use only.

I've done a few DISigns for DIS'ers in this forum. I always add my sample overlay when I post a DISign here. I remove it when I PM the finalized DISign to the DIS'er.

I will be happy to PM the sample overlay or send you the Photoshop brush if you let me know you want it. If you need help using it or need help creating your own, PM me. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Death threats?! Well, it wasn't me. I cannot believe someone would threaten her and grand children. Not that I'm calling her a liar, but since her ethics are questionable, I will have to remain skeptical on that one.

I can't believe she put up more of Lady B's stuff.

And geepers, what's this, yet another site?

Hi Everyone,
Just so you all know, passwords and watermarks did not stop her. A few years back a different someone on facebook took all of my character mickey heads and was claiming them as her own. She would remove the personalization and personalize them for others. She was doing it for free but it was not hers to do so. At that point I did report her to facebook. Locked all my samples and for a whole month I took the task of watermarking every sample. I now have a separate folder for each persons completed items and it is password protected based on the users name so each password is different. This did not stop the recent person, she must have spent weeks going through my thread where I post the password for each person and I know she was a user on the board so some of the items were requested directly by her here. She even left my signature on many of the items.
She did not respond to my message on ebay at all and after I sent it she put up more of my items. I have reported each item to ebay individually. I did not even make it to facebook in time to see my items for sale there as the link does not work anymore so I assume she closed the page. However, someone had messaged me and told me my items were on facebook too so I asked her to remove those as well in my ebay message.
Here is the only message I sent her on ebay-I was going to send another after I found more items but decided to give her a chance to remove them and respond to me:
upload_2016-10-10_10-24-32.png

Last edited:
Yep, it's another place she is selling them. I think I see some that look like they could be Marion's. I'm not as familiar with everyone's styles and work as you guys are since I'm new, so I'm not sure.

I am hopefully seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, and hoping I will be able to open up my thread and take requests again. Fingers crossed. Going forward I will have to think about how I will do it. I know passwords and personalization are not a guarantee that people won't take the designs, it doesn't even upset me that much if they just want to change it a little and use it for themselves, but taking it as their own, and selling it, burns me. I'll be dipped if I post blanks and keep my world unlocked and make it easy for them from now on. They will have to work for it if they steal. :sad2:

YoYoAurora, I have checked and the recent ones she took are not on Google. She clearly took from the forum within days of my postings.

I am determined to stop her. I did point out to her that her time would be better spent buying some software and creating images herself.... she could take her chances with Disney on her own then.

She has 5 of mine on that site and she still hasn't removed all of the ebay ones or responded to me. Do you think I should message her again on ebay about those?

Marion, :headache: I hate to hear that someone on these boards would do that. :hug:

I'm glad to hear that you told her off and suggested that she learn to make her own designs. Good for you! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Because all of my items are pass protected they do not show up in goggle searches unless the picture is posted in some form on the board or if someone pins it but all of my samples have a watermark. I may have to start to PM the password rather than posting it. I have not found many of my items on pintrest lately so I think the pinning stopped when I started pass protecting my items. I am convinced she went through my threads and found the passwords for each order and got the items that way as well as requesting many herself.
I pay for a subscription for photobucket, I have bought the software I use and I have a lot of time invested in this. It's just discouraging. I may shut down my thread and photo bucket all together.

I totally understand. I hate to see you do that. :( In times like this, I try to remember all the little kids that we've made smile and all the people that enjoyed their trips a little more because we made something nice for them. Sprinkled a bit of pixie dust on their trip. There will always be idiots, bad stuff will always happen, but I try not to let that harden my heart and discourage me. Which is not easy some days, when I'm particularly cranky and in pain. I hope you don't let the couple of bad apples get to you. Your creations are so lovely, and they bring a lot of joy to people. :flower3:

ETA: Also, PMing the password, is a good idea

Honestly you guys.... I have mine posted on flickr. I have them all set not to show up in flickr or internet searches. I will have my hacker DH try to see if he can find them that way anyways later. But I think you guys are right... that she just trolled us on here. At this point, I haven't done any personalization for a long time and I will delete my completed ears album. I just researched flickr and they don't have password protection, and I don't feel like giving anyone interested in my blanks a limited time guest pass either. I guess I may just make one last post saying that I'm closed... and if people on here want to use them or if you all want to help others personalize them, you are welcomed to do so. It was fun.... now it isn't. I really think we should just report her to Disney and let them take care of her... but I am sure that there are many others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter