• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Photobucket is private for now due to IMMORAL thief

Marion, can you please share with me what you said to get her to remove your items? I messaged her yesterday and have not heard back and after I messaged her she added more of my items.

It seems as though she only took down the first one I contacted her about, not the rest. I reported them to ebay, but I have no faith that it will do anything. I have removed mostly all of my completed designs and I left my blanks album up so far on flickr. I won't be designing any more. If any of you want to personalize my designs, you have permission.
I also wrote a note to tips@disneyantipiracy.com and I will paste what I wrote here for you guys.

"Hi,

My name is Jill and I have been a part of the disboards for years now. It started when my family and I were going on a cruise in 2013 and I saw that some people were making different designs for magnets for cruise doors or as fish extenders. I am sure you are well aware of these. I used clipart found on google and made a few for my family and as gifts. When I got home I posted them on the boards because I was proud of them and began offering to personalize others for other travelers. I was giving them away as I understood that your company owns all the rights to all the characters that I was using and that would violate copyright laws.

I am writing you because it has come to my attention and also the attention of other designers from the disboards, that someone has stolen some of our free designs and is selling them on ebay as iron ons for shirts etc.
Here are two examples I found with my designs on them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/122129140000?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Her...063742?hash=item1c6f759f3e:g:cMkAAOSwOdpX1fwY

As I was doing these free for others to add magic to their trips, I personalized over 1500.
A link to my blanks album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jillshari/albums/72157633047210926
Examples of finished ones are like this:

Is my understanding correct that I can continue to personalize and let others have them for free or am I allowed to charge as this ebay seller is?
Please help me understand because I thought she couldn't take my blank designs which are your copyright and make a profit.

Thank you,"

I will let you all know if I ever get a response from Disney.... the postings I used to report to them are two of Warnerlogan1 posts.
Good luck with your designing.

Last edited:
JillShari... you may also want to check with Amy to learn more about what Disney approves of and what they do not...

I have changed my Photobucket privacy settings so for now nobody can copy or download my images. Eventually I will set up a second password-protected album with all my current display images watermarked. I believe there is a way to do multiple images at a time with Photoshop Elements. I am going to try this with my License Plate styles first and then upload to the new album. If that works I will do my various Holiday, Sports, Movies, Characters, etc. folders 'til all are watermarked. I have to think about my Sports ones 'cause warnerlogan1 stole many of these and I did not DISign most of them to be personalized. I will try whenever possible to use unusual fonts on things such as welcome letters and invitations making them harder to modify. I will also overlap names and clip art to make DISigns harder to modify. It is not going to be worth stealing and trying to change mine (hopefully) when I am done!

Anyone with additional security suggestions should post them to this thread...

I have no suggestions but I am so disappointed to to hear about this. I recently discovered the DISingners and was blown away by everyone's hard work and willingness to share such awesome Disigns with those of us less artistic. It saddens me as I have seen so many great DISigns and obviously theft like this hurts everyone. Thank you to all of the DISingers and know that we (honest) users appreciate all your hard work. I hope you are able to shut down her sale sites that contain your work.

Feel free to contact the ebay users in post #60 if you find they have posted any of your images. I found some of mine (within a minute) under Ebay user irononit

This has always been in Photobucket but I will now post full size in post #1 of each of my threads....

She only took down the one in the contact information document although I said all the football styles were mine. Will check Ebay again tomorrow.

There are many videos available for making a basic watermark on multiple files. You can copy watermarked into a new folder so your originals are not impacted. I plan to do this this weekend! Going forward I will enhance the watermark for files as the image is requested. Thinking of using a bevel and shadows which make it hard to remove. I will start with all my license plate styles and let you know when the basic ones are applied so you can check it out if you wish.

definitely use bevels and shadows in your watermark. Adding an emboss effect is also a good way to make your watermark harder to remove. You want it to be as difficult as possible to remove that watermark. It's a deterrent to using your files without your permission.

I'm also a huge fan of adding tiny text to my designs and photographs in an inconspicious place, such as the bottom of a windowsill or along the edge of a leaf. That way, if someone does manage to take off the watermark, they often won't enlarge the design or photograph enough to see my text. I've used that successfully to get a website to take down some of my designs and photographs when they used them without permission.

I'm happy to answer questions on how to create a watermark and how to use them. If you're saving as a JPG, be careful to make two copies: one with the watermark and one without. If you use a program that uses layers to create your DISigns, put the watermark on a separate layer. That way, if you accidentally save your original with the watermark in the program's format, you haven't permanently overwritten your watermark on your design.

Feel free to PM me with questions or if you want a copy of the SAMPLE watermark I designed and used on the DISigns I created for this forum. I'm happy to share it with you for use in your creations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know perfectly well how to do a watermark and how to use Photoshop Elements. Thanks but I need no assistance. I was only researching how to add to hundreds of images at once rather than one at a time.

Marion, I meant no offense. My offer was open to any of the designers who may have questions on how to do a watermark.

I'm signing off of this forum for a while and letting things around here cool down. May things calm down and ruffled feathers relax. Peace.

Last edited:
I have never used/seen any of your images, but wanted to just say how sorry I feel that you are all having to do this.

I did learn how to put a basic watermark on a whole folder of images at once. I am in the process of deleting my images and reloading the watermarked versions. So far License Plates and most of Holidays are done! It is time-consuming bur must be done!

It is a slow process but my Disney Cruise Line, 1st Trip, Ornaments, Life is Good, Pirates and Welcome Letters also have watermarks. Next up Birthday, Disneyland and Family Styles..... I won't enable copying and downloading on my PB until I am further along though...

Although I didn't find any of my designs on warnerlogan1's ebay site, I did find some on irononit.....so Thank you for the heads up.........so sad that a few people can ruin things for many........:(

Many of my original links will NOT be restored with the watermarked files as I have performed some folder enhancements in this laborious process.... but hopefully still clear in which folder or subfolder they are in on PB.

Designers, you might want to check out warnerloagan1 on e-bay again as she recently has added a bunch of new items. More of mine are there which I did report to e-bay as well as messaged her again because she still has not taken down some I previously asked her to remove.

Of course... I had just checked her ebay a few days ago and didn't see any of mine.... now there are at least 6! I'm going to change my album to guest passes only, but I'm betting she has all of mine saved already! I already reported her to Disney. I don't know if I'm up for contacting ebay again since it was no help last time. This woman must be desperate because she complained to me about getting death threats on FB and now she is doing it again! Guess I can't worry too much about it in the grand scheme of things.... but I'm pissed that I was told not to sell these because Disney would possibly come after me and she gets away with it???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter