NBA at Walt Disney World

Athletes are getting the virus when they're not competing. The idea behind any "bubble" scenario is to improve player protection with support from the team and league. They are being offered an environment where safety protocols are in place for every person the athletes will come in contact with. They have access to testing every 24-48 hours. I don't see how we could claim that is less safe than the living conditions of average citizens at this point in time.
Exactly, those who go to large gathering protests, conventions or tennis tournaments are highly likely to catch the virus as opposed to even staying in your house and only going out to the grocery store.

A true bubble would be very safe. And there's no indication that it wouldn't be. Using examples of guys who went to large gathering protests, etc and picked up COVID to disprove the effectiveness of the bubble is illogical.

I actually like to think about what the MLS and NBA are doing as more like an umbrella then a bubble. Helps a lot but isn't going to be 100%. Really though the people from outside the umbrella like hotel staff and so forth there isn't really a need for most of them to come into close contact with the players or coaches. So I doubt it's going to be a huge issue.

The better the league the more TV revenue and the more money.

Which allows them to form a true bubble.

A C level league has less money to implement a full bubble and remain profitable.
Do you really think the G-League will have a true bubble?

The NBA brings in billions and they are choosing not to have an actual bubble because of cost.

I dont see the NBA every playing a game at Disney. I also dont see Disney opening on July 11th.

TNT always gets Thursday’s and ESPN gets Friday night.

It was more a harmless joke I was trying to me. I didn’t even look at the day of the week, but you are right. TNT has had tues/thur games for as long as I can remember. I wasn’t sure if they were going to continue that formula with so many games missed.

I dont see the NBA every playing a game at Disney. I also dont see Disney opening on July 11th.
The NBA will most definitely play since they released the schedule and everything as of yesterday. They are too far in now to turn back. They are given players the chance to turn away and as figured the majority are fine with the risk of playing. Disney theme parks on the other hand may be a different story

It says they are getting microwaves, too, and when they are done they are going to liquidate the custom furnishings - who would they sell such big, used mattresses to?!

They are probably also getting the coffee machines removed from all the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter