New Adult only, Disney Wonder?

I would love to do this! DH and I never go out dancing but he loves jazz. Only problem is what to do with my sleeping niblets, how late do the kids clubs stay open again? ;)
Oh, midnight or so. Some nights later. I'd guess, if DCL schedules an adult only activity late, they would have at least one of the clubs open late enough for parents to utilize it.

I would love to do this! DH and I never go out dancing but he loves jazz. Only problem is what to do with my sleeping niblets, how late do the kids clubs stay open again? ;)

One of the posters here mentioned it was on the same night as the Coast to Coast campout, which is a night on the PC cruise where kids “sleepover” at the clubs - a perfect time to coordinate with late adult activity. But I suspect that would also make it less likely on other (shorter) cruises without an overnight at the clubs.

I was on the recent WBPC and attended Tiana's Supper Club. It was the first time they'd done it. $30, started at 11:15 pm for an hour. Included an "old fashioned" cocktail when arriving, and then they brought 3 mini martinis and you choose which of those you wanted another large one of. There were some light appetizers (all seafood) and desserts and the Brace Boys jazz band was playing. It was set up at tables around the center aisle in front of the band in the middle of the restaurant and people were dancing in that area. Willem and Natalia are the dance instructors who frequently are on the longer cruises and they started the dancing, but there were plenty of guests (including myself) dancing too. One of the entertainer magicians was there and was visiting (& I assume doing some magic tricks) at some tables, but he didn't visit mine - probably because we were dancing instead of sitting at the table. It was definitely targeted informally to those attending the dance class/sessions and mentioned at a few other times. Here are the drinks and the band.View attachment 324855

Somewhat blurry picture of Willem (dance instructor) and Natalie (cruise director) showing the basic set up: View attachment 324856

Thanks for the photos and detailed description. I would definitely be interested in something like this.

So, 5 drinks included in all (counting the Old Fashioned, the 3 mini martinis, then the full sized martini)? It seems like of you are not a big drinker (or don't drink at all) it wouldn't be worth it.
Yes, the 5 drinks (3 were mini). I might also happen to know that some people requested and were able to get an extra chocolate martini, so 3 large and 3 mini. ;)

My group went to Azure for dancing & visiting after they finally kicked us out about 12:30 a.m. where it may be the first time in history that guests were still there when the DJ left at 2:00 a.m. We lost an hour this night on the cruise, so with the time change, it was about 3:30 a.m. when I got back to my cabin for the night!

They did this on the recent WBPC cruise. It was in Tiana's Place late in the evening - might have been 11 pm. I think the cost was $30 or $35. They had cocktails, light appetizers and Wilam and Natalia were there leading the dancing. We did not do this, but our table mates did and they enjoyed it. I believe they only had 50 or so tickets available. I looked quickly through my navigators, but I don't believe it was ever listed. Natalie mentioned it at the morning and evening shows and Jo advertised it as well in the adult activities. If I find the details in all my cruise paper work, I will update.

Wow, we were on that cruise and knew nothing about it. I thought we scoured the Navigators pretty close but missed it. We didn't go to any of the morning shows but did many adult activities with Jo and never heard her mention it. Would have been fun to try!

Wow. We were also on the ship and never saw or heard anything about it. I used the app to find things and just scanned the paper navigator. Totally missed it. Not sure we would have gone at $30 for an hour, but maybe. I do love the jazz band and was disappointed when they didn't play every night we were in Tiana's. I'm guessing it's possible that the app was not current with the paper navigator. I've been caught by that before. Apparently they can't update the app from the ship so if they do something really different, it can sometimes miss getting to the app.

Wow. We were also on the ship and never saw or heard anything about it. I used the app to find things and just scanned the paper navigator. Totally missed it. Not sure we would have gone at $30 for an hour, but maybe. I do love the jazz band and was disappointed when they didn't play every night we were in Tiana's. I'm guessing it's possible that the app was not current with the paper navigator. I've been caught by that before. Apparently they can't update the app from the ship so if they do something really different, it can sometimes miss getting to the app.
That is odd on the app. In August 2016, they were able to update the content on the app on the ship as new things appeared on it during the cruise. (We had a prem-ear of Pete's Dragon...and after that happened, they added movie times to the rest of the week's schedule.) At the first night's introduction show, they told us to restart the app every morning so that it would load the new content--that worked for us. But...that was the old version of the app...maybe that doesnt' work with the new version.

I have not heard of this either.
However, if it includes cocktails and a dance instruction, the price is average.
The Brace "band" did play in the lobby one night and I will say that they are excellent and if I was still clubbing I would pay to see them.
Thet were great in the lobby and awesome in Tiana's!

I was on the recent WBPC and attended Tiana's Supper Club. It was the first time they'd done it. $30, started at 11:15 pm for an hour. Included an "old fashioned" cocktail when arriving, and then they brought 3 mini martinis and you choose which of those you wanted another large one of. There were some light appetizers (all seafood) and desserts and the Brace Boys jazz band was playing. It was set up at tables around the center aisle in front of the band in the middle of the restaurant and people were dancing in that area. Willem and Natalia are the dance instructors who frequently are on the longer cruises and they started the dancing, but there were plenty of guests (including myself) dancing too. One of the entertainer magicians was there and was visiting (& I assume doing some magic tricks) at some tables, but he didn't visit mine - probably because we were dancing instead of sitting at the table. It was definitely targeted informally to those attending the dance class/sessions and mentioned at a few other times. Here are the drinks and the band.View attachment 324855

Somewhat blurry picture of Willem (dance instructor) and Natalie (cruise director) showing the basic set up: View attachment 324856

Thanks for the description. Sounds like fun!

That is odd on the app. In August 2016, they were able to update the content on the app on the ship as new things appeared on it during the cruise. (We had a prem-ear of Pete's Dragon...and after that happened, they added movie times to the rest of the week's schedule.) At the first night's introduction show, they told us to restart the app every morning so that it would load the new content--that worked for us. But...that was the old version of the app...maybe that doesnt' work with the new version.

Good to know. I was told differently, with the old app. Maybe they eventually fixed it? When we sailed in 2017 on the Wonder they had to skip Key West due to fog in Galveston. We were told they could not update the app to reflect the updated schedule so we'd need to look at the paper navigators for the new schedule the created for the extra sea day. That was after the Wonder dry dock too. Maybe it is difficult to do and they didn't want to do an entire day?

However, if it includes cocktails and a dance instruction, the price is average.
The Brace "band" did play in the lobby one night and I will say that they are excellent and if I was still clubbing I would pay to see them.

Do you know, is the Brace band the same as the one that plays during dinner in Tiana's?

Thanks,
Kate

Just finished booking my excursions and tastings for the Sept. Alaska cruise. Tiana's after hours was not on the list. Darn.

It did not include dance instruction at Tiana's Supper Club - just the opportunity to dance if you wanted to. On the longer cruises like Panama Canal where this was offered, there are usually ballroom dance instructors that do a lesson for no extra cost - usually on sea days.

Good to know. I was told differently, with the old app. Maybe they eventually fixed it? When we sailed in 2017 on the Wonder they had to skip Key West due to fog in Galveston. We were told they could not update the app to reflect the updated schedule so we'd need to look at the paper navigators for the new schedule the created for the extra sea day. That was after the Wonder dry dock too. Maybe it is difficult to do and they didn't want to do an entire day?

We were on the Magic in the Med last year when Villa France was cancelled and replaced by a sea day and then the sea day called in Marcelles. I can confirm they fixed that issue.

The app has gotten better and better. We haven’t picked up a wave phone in several cruises.

Would you feel out of place going as a solo? Is the dancing all in couples ?

Well, based on the single data point when they've done this, it was all dancing in couples. It was mostly East Coast Swing or Jitterbug as that fits the music typically played there by the Brace Boys. But there were definitely solos in attendance, and I was a solo myself and danced with another solo and the dance instructor. I'd guestimate that maybe 25% of the guests were dancing and the others were eating, drinking and enjoying the music and the magician/performer.

Well, based on the single data point when they've done this, it was all dancing in couples. It was mostly East Coast Swing or Jitterbug as that fits the music typically played there by the Brace Boys. But there were definitely solos in attendance, and I was a solo myself and danced with another solo and the dance instructor. I'd guestimate that maybe 25% of the guests were dancing and the others were eating, drinking and enjoying the music and the magician/performer.
Thank you. I think that from your description I’d like this and not feel out of place as a solo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter