New Grandstand photos?

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
With all of the excitement over AKL models opening, the fact that the Grandstand section of SSR just opened has been lost in the crowd. Does anyone have pictures of the new section especially the pool area? We will be at OKW in two weeks, but someone on here must be able to get us pictures before then.

Here are some taken on Monday. Just click on pic.pirate:

Ok, I added on at SSR, just because of the extended years....DID NOT ever plan to stay there.....I WAS WRONG, it has now become our second favorite resort!!
SSR just keeps getting better...........
The familys 1st pick is BCV's, my choice is SSR!!!
WOW, I never thought I would say that!!!
We now have had 3 wonderfull stays at SSR!!!'
The poolooks great, DVC just keeps making SSR, better, and better...
GREAT pictures..Thanks....

You're welcome. It is becoming a favorite too. Had the pleasure of staying in two different Studios and a 1 BDR with great views on this trip in just a few days. Wasn't supposed to be that way. Was supposed to be in a studio for 2nts while checking on our neverending soap opera of new home construction nearby. Was supposed to close next week after months of delays. Went by to check on things and a neighbor came out to speak to me. Vandals broke in during the weekend and did some damage.:sad2: :mad: Checked out on Sunday. Went by to check on things and talk to the builder. Back to SSR Checked back in to a 1BDR. Checked out again on Monday only to learn we would need to spend a few more days in town. Back to a studio at SSR.

The front and back SSR CM staff were wonderful. Hats off to them. Thank goodness for Disney,SSR DVC staff, other CM's and beautiful weather after a gloomy start. It cheered us up. Oh yea and they caught the teen vandals and are prosecuting them and holding the parents responsible according to the OrangeCounty Police. Sorry to vent.
Studio 4823 Paddock 03/07/07
2rlyp7n.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I love our home resort and I'm really hoping that I didn't make a mistake trying BCV's for our next trip in May. I'm feeling very homesick right now!!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures! The pool looks fantastic! I really can't wait to go now.

How close is the Grandstand to the main building and dock? I was thinking about requesting the Grandstand for our trip at the end of March. I thought maybe most people would not know about it yet and it would increase my chances of actually getting what I asked for.

Where people staying there yet? The pool looks like fun. I think my 2 year old would love it.

spaddy
Didn't notice anyone staying there yet in the buildings surrounding the pool. There were a number of construction people and CM's around.
Depending on which building you are in,it would imho be very convenient to the Carriage House "main building" It is right across the street from where the bellstand/check-in/out parking is and there is a path leading to the area and a short walk. The photo was taken from where the ME and Taxi's would drop you off. You can acess the dock through the Turf Club Lounge through the Carriage House Enjoy your stay. pirate:

Wow, that picture looks so amazing to me right now. I think I have had too many days in PA weather.

Thank you for your opinions. It is our first trip "home" and our in laws are coming. My husband was a little nervous about this purchase (especially sight unseen) so I am just trying to make it as nice as possible.

The Grandstand seems like the perfect area to me. Quiet pool yet close to main pool. I will call and see what MS says about it.

Thanks for the great pictures! I can't wait to go "home" again and see them in person! :thumbsup2

When I click on the photo link I get one very tiny photo in the upper left hand corner of the page, is that what everyone else is seeing. Looks like a building with sidewalk. :confused3

How close is the Grandstand to the main building and dock? I was thinking about requesting the Grandstand for our trip at the end of March. I thought maybe most people would not know about it yet and it would increase my chances of actually getting what I asked for.

Where people staying there yet? The pool looks like fun. I think my 2 year old would love it.

They are not open yet, I was told in of March for building one, if everything passed inspections.

When I click on the photo link I get one very tiny photo in the upper left hand corner of the page, is that what everyone else is seeing. Looks like a building with sidewalk. :confused3

You need to scroll through the photo album and see the other pictures.

Here's one of the pool:

2109863250044692859OFmFxb

Here's a distance map. The Grandstand pool is to the left on the map. It is directly across from the entrance drive to the Carriage House, where you check-in and get the Magical Express.

SSRmap_enhanced.jpg

Thanks for the Distance Map! Very interesting.

Looks like some buildings in the Grandstand will be a nice alternative to Congress Park...easy walking access to the OTHER side of DTD. Although, the section looks as though only a couple of the buildings will have that DTD view.

The other thing I like is that it looks as though you would access the main area via footpaths in a direct line, whereas with Congress Park, you have to go around that little canal, and then over the bridge on the sidewalk that is adjacent to the road. I like the idea of my walking space not being next to the road (although being next to the road, it does make it easier for me not to get lost :rotfl: )

I'm curious to know what is to the left of the Grandstand where the map ends. Does that area face the road (where you might get some residual noise from traffic/fire station and some not so great views - like a couple of buildings in the Carousel do, according to some reports).

The only section of the resort I think I wouldn't want to stay in is the Carousel - just out in the middle of nowhere. In fact, I'm trying to understand why they even added the Carousel to the resort. Seems to me that it just doesn't fit in. Every other section seems really nice (which is great! I'd be happy with a room location in at least three quarters of the resort).

Hey guys, our resort is really coming in quite nicely! Yay SSR!

I'm curious to know what is to the left of the Grandstand where the map ends.

First there might be some golf course fairway (or else just some green space). Beyond that in the woods are the old Treehouse Villas (now used for International and/or College cast members). Beyond that is where the canal splits, with one leg going to OKW, and the other leg turning right and going to Port Orleans.

It does look like the bus ride will get a little longer when the Grandstand opens up, with the Grandstand bus stop being either the first or the last stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter