• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Grandstand photos?

First is some golf course fairway. Beyond that in the woods are the old Treehouse Villas (now used for International and/or College cast members). Beyond that is where the canal splits, with one leg going to OKW, and the other leg turning right and going to Port Orleans.

Wow, thanks! Good to know. In that case, looks like the whole section will be nice.

2006236630044692859ngEChQ_th.jpg

You need to scroll through the photo album and see the other pictures.

Here's one of the pool:

2109863250044692859OFmFxb

As I said when I click on the link that Madcoco shared, I only get the one photo, very small, postage stamp size, there is no photo album. How do I get to the photo album? If you click on the link I provided you will see what I am seeing when I click on the orginial link.

Thanks Madcoc, I knew my plea would be heard by someone!

As I said when I click on the link that Madcoco shared, I only get the one photo, very small, postage stamp size, there is no photo album. How do I get to the photo album? If you click on the link I provided you will see what I am seeing when I click on the orginial link.

I fixed my link to show a bigger photo. If you click on it, the navigation controls for the photo album are on the right.

Here's another interesting one. Is that the water play area where the racing stalls are?

I'm curious to know what is to the left of the Grandstand where the map ends. Does that area face the road (where you might get some residual noise from traffic/fire station and some not so great views - like a couple of buildings in the Carousel do, according to some reports).

Here's an old map of the proposed resort showing were DTD is relative to SSR. Grandstand section is actually in the midst of the golf course and canals leading to OKW and POFQ/POR. The road the borders that side is Vacation Club Way, a less traveled byway. First time I found myself on it I was sre I was lost in nowhere'sville. :) The Carousel and Paddocks border the road with the firehouse. That gets more traffic. But I believe more recent reports have noted the growth of the trees in that area. Should provide a better sound barrier. And if I'm not mistaken, all the SSR rooms were built with soundproofed walls to block out the noise from DTD.

disney-world-Saratoga-Springs.jpg

Thanks BroganMc. Yes that is a water play area.

Sorry sammie. No problem here using the link on another computer and a neighbor was able to see them with the link on their computer. It is supposed to be a public album link. It may be some type of spam filter on your computer not allowing you to see them. :confused3

Thanks BroganMc. Yes that is a water play area.

Sorry sammie. No problem here using the link on another computer and a neighbor was able to see them with the link on their computer. It is supposed to be a public album link. It may be some type of spam filter on your computer not allowing you to see them. :confused3

Must be because I can see them on the link Brogan posted (travelwebshots) but not yours.(inlinethumb)

But the photos are lovely, thanks for sharing. The pool looks like great fun.

Beautiful pictures!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!! Less than two months from now, I'll be able to take some of my own!! :cool1:

You're welcome. Glad the weather cooperated. LOL What started out as a gloomy weekend ended on a high note.:)

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Can not wait to go in July. Also, glad they cought the vandles.

Looks like some buildings in the Grandstand will be a nice alternative to Congress Park...easy walking access to the OTHER side of DTD. Although, the section looks as though only a couple of the buildings will have that DTD view.

Is there a bridge near the Grandstand section of the resort you would use to get you over to DTD West side?

Wonderful photos madcoco. Thanks so much for sharing them. We SSR lovers have been very anxious to see how this area is coming along.

Yes I totally agree FAB. Pics thanks soo very much for sharing them with us.

I too would love to know what numbers the rooms are in the buildings nearest the carriage house and pool???

That is a stunning photograph! :thumbsup2 Making me feel very excited about my first trip home in December... :cloud9:

I agree! That picture is awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures. I can't wait until June to go and check out all the changes since we were last at SSR in June '05. We will be staying at BCV this time but I already told DH and DD that we have to go and walk around at SSR one of the days.

Sorry to hear about the problems with your house. Glad to hear they caught the vandals!

The 1st Grandstand building is now open.The 2nd one should be later this month. The buses started running there tuesday its the 1st bus stop now.It looks great I do have some pictures and will try to post them. I think one building is in the 8100 range thats the one thats open. As you would face the pool from the parking lot the building on the left is open.The building on the right has parking thats only on the side not in the front. The pool entrance is where the parking lot would be at all of the other buildings.The pool entrances all have gates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter