New Magic Bands upgrades available from solid colors!

I made it to the payment page but after I enter a credit card or use the one on file I get the retry or dismiss options again. Multiple browsers tried.

I made it to the payment page but after I enter a credit card or use the one on file I get the retry or dismiss options again. Multiple browsers tried.
I went to pick it and I got the same issue. I swear they are doing this to tease me.

They are out of stock on a lot of them. I just got through to ask about an order I placed last week that came incorrect, and they were able to process a new order but only from what they showed in stock from their warehouse. They did't have sorcerer mickey or Slinky Dog, I was able to get a Genie one for my son. She said when I get the Unable to complete your request box when I try to complete the order it is OOS. She also said they are restocking daily, but take that with a grain of salt.

They are out of stock on a lot of them. I just got through to ask about an order I placed last week that came incorrect, and they were able to process a new order but only from what they showed in stock from their warehouse. They did't have sorcerer mickey or Slinky Dog, I was able to get a Genie one for my son. She said when I get the Unable to complete your request box when I try to complete the order it is OOS. She also said they are restocking daily, but take that with a grain of salt.
What phone number did you call when your order arrived incorrect? The tech number?

They are out of stock again. It is like you have to be checking 24 hours. I have been checking and trying. The one day I don't check first thing I get up and they show up.

I successfully placed an order, but apparently they were out of stock, so they just sent GREY! Not good. Didn't I read on here once never to trust a man with a grey magic band? Oh well, we still have our solid color ones from last trip, and maybe they'll work it all out by next trip.

And we are back to solid colors again... That did not last long. I tried for a while to place an order to no avail. We will be in WDW in early August so we still have time.

Got ours in the mail today for our early August trip. We got what we ordered—a sorcerer and rainbow Mickey. I was worried about the rainbow one since no image was showing for it on my daughters account. I ordered on May 20.

I was just coming here to see if anyone else still hadn't gotten a shipping notification yet. Just saw someone post they got their bands for their 2020 trip, so kinda annoyed we haven't gotten our for august 2019.
I haven’t received a shipping notification yet for a second magic band. We have a split stay in July. My DD and I each selected an upgraded magic band for the first half of our stay. When I placed the order, it appeared to have gone through correctly. However, I later received an email confirmation only showing my upgraded magic band. DD’s had been switched to a solid color. So I went back and for the second half of our stay, selected a solid color for myself and an upgraded one for DD. I got the order confirmation page and later received an email with the correct order.

I received a shipping confirmation for my first magic bands, and they arrived yesterday. The second one (DD’s upgraded band) I have not received a shipping confirmation. My credit card hasn’t been charged for anything as of last night.

I was just doing a search to see if there way still a way. I guess everyone always has to get a new one now? 🤷‍♂️
I have tried multiple times as well and I don't see a way to decline. I tend to decline the colors (outside of taking my AP renewal band) since the CMs at Disney have told me my various issues with the bands working on the resort room doors has to do with me having "too many". Not that I accept this as an issue nor do I really believe Disney would like them telling me to stop spending money on Magic Bands...just saying.

The only other thing I can come up with is the recent issues with the entire system may have also impacted the ability to decline.

the CMs at Disney have told me my various issues with the bands working on the resort room doors has to do with me having "too many". Not that I accept this as an issue nor do I really believe Disney would like them telling me to stop spending money on Magic Bands...just saying.
I have been told the same thing. I find it quite ridiculous. I have deactivated most of my solid color Magic Bands (I usually don’t decline them because I like the luggage tags that come with them, so upon arrival of the box at my house, I go in and deactivate the band). My DD has more active bands than I do, and she never encounters problems with her bands unlocking the door to our room (whereas mine never work to open the door).

The CMs like to tell me my bands won’t unlock the door because I have too many. I find this ridiculous, lol. Why does Disney make special and limited edition bands if they don’t want people to collect and use them?! I point out that my DD has more active bands than i do and hers work with no problem. They’re never really sure how to respond to that. I have to go through an annoying process every. single. stay of taking the bands I want to use on my trip (usually only 3 or 4) to the desk and asking the CM to make them work to unlock my door. I find I t’s far less time consuming to just wear an extra band of DD’s to unlock our door.

I have been told the same thing. I find it quite ridiculous. I have deactivated most of my solid color Magic Bands (I usually don’t decline them because I like the luggage tags that come with them, so upon arrival of the box at my house, I go in and deactivate the band). My DD has more active bands than I do, and she never encounters problems with her bands unlocking the door to our room (whereas mine never work to open the door).

The CMs like to tell me my bands won’t unlock the door because I have too many. I find this ridiculous, lol. Why does Disney make special and limited edition bands if they don’t want people to collect and use them?! I point out that my DD has more active bands than i do and hers work with no problem. They’re never really sure how to respond to that. I have to go through an annoying process every. single. stay of taking the bands I want to use on my trip (usually only 3 or 4) to the desk and asking the CM to make them work to unlock my door. I find I t’s far less time consuming to just wear an extra band of DD’s to unlock our door.
They have told me this as well, and they also never have an answer when I point out that Disney sells tons of expensive upgraded bands and if they only meant for us to have one band each why would they do this? It's a cop out answer, and if there is actually any truth to it is's absurd because clearly you are supposed to be able to have many bands. They give them to you with each stay and sell tons, no one with any common sense could say you are only supposed to have one each (which is what a CM at the BC told me last summer. She said we are only supposed to have one band (not one band active, just one band!)). I anticipate problems for our upcoming 3 way split stay, because I got matching covers from Magic Your Band for the first 2 sets that shipped before you could upgrade, we got our upgraded ones, and I actually have a couple of D&B ones I've gotten in the past that I love so I want to keep them active as well. I will probably have 5-6 active bands and 40-some inactive, plus my DH and 4 sons will have a mix of 3-4 active and a bunch of inactive. Should be fun, and we will probably waste a lot of time with the concierge at each resort working on it and listening to them tell me I shouldn't try to use that many for each of us and stick to one each. That's no fun, the benefit to having so many bands is having family matching ones for each park, etc...

They have told me this as well, and they also never have an answer when I point out that Disney sells tons of expensive upgraded bands and if they only meant for us to have one band each why would they do this? It's a cop out answer, and if there is actually any truth to it is's absurd because clearly you are supposed to be able to have many bands. They give them to you with each stay and sell tons, no one with any common sense could say you are only supposed to have one each (which is what a CM at the BC told me last summer. She said we are only supposed to have one band (not one band active, just one band!)). I anticipate problems for our upcoming 3 way split stay, because I got matching covers from Magic Your Band for the first 2 sets that shipped before you could upgrade, we got our upgraded ones, and I actually have a couple of D&B ones I've gotten in the past that I love so I want to keep them active as well. I will probably have 5-6 active bands and 40-some inactive, plus my DH and 4 sons will have a mix of 3-4 active and a bunch of inactive. Should be fun, and we will probably waste a lot of time with the concierge at each resort working on it and listening to them tell me I shouldn't try to use that many for each of us and stick to one each. That's no fun, the benefit to having so many bands is having family matching ones for each park, etc...
I work in IT and actually spoke with the design team when they rolled this out a few years ago and discussed this issue with them. Basically, it is "Disney Front Line Response". Disney IT doesn't have a good reputation...that is obvious with every upgrade they undertake that seems to cripple the system for quite some time. From what those designers told me at the time the hotels all run on separate room access systems and this is clearly not ideal since it would have to reach out to the main database of Band IDs and records each time. Still shouldn't be a valid response. They have had enough time to get this to work by now. I will say...of late...I have had much better luck with my bands on resort doors than I did this time a year ago. Let's knock on wood when I arrive in a few weeks!

I have also received the same spiel about too many bands crippling the system and had a nice discussion with @ninafeliz about it on the GF thread :)

I was tempted to call the internet support help desk and ask them if they could decline a band for me (I had to call a few times when my band orders were completely missing from MDE and they did the customization over the phone). I ended up not doing it since my trip is in less than 30 days, but I think I will try it for October and report back if IT can decline over the phone!

I have also received the same spiel about too many bands crippling the system and had a nice discussion with @ninafeliz about it on the GF thread :)

I was tempted to call the internet support help desk and ask them if they could decline a band for me (I had to call a few times when my band orders were completely missing from MDE and they did the customization over the phone). I ended up not doing it since my trip is in less than 30 days, but I think I will try it for October and report back if IT can decline over the phone!
This just reminded me that I never did call to try to get my old MBs removed! I just looked on MDE and I have 58 magic bands or cards, one son has 33 and the other 42, plus 10 for each 2 year old. I am anticipating problems on our upcoming trip, particularly since I actually want to have 4 sets active for each of us to wear on certain days (Toy story for DHS and the movie release, Poly covers for that stay, our chosen upgraded ones we just snuck in, etc) plus I have a couple of D&B favorites I wanted to mix in as well. Maybe I should still try, I have a little over a week but I also have way to much to do to get ready plus school ending, field trips, work, etc first!

I ordered ours on the first day they were available. I got an email last Wednesday that they were delayed due to popularity. They haven't charged my credit card yet. I also ordered for my brother and he got his last week. What will happen if we don't get our magic bands? We leave for our trip on July 6th.

I ordered ours on the first day they were available. I got an email last Wednesday that they were delayed due to popularity. They haven't charged my credit card yet. I also ordered for my brother and he got his last week. What will happen if we don't get our magic bands? We leave for our trip on July 6th.

You'll just get the gray ones, or you can request your free MB at the front desk when you arrive.

Ok so i ordered on the first day. I got one custom band for my daughter. All the bands generic and custom arrived yesterday in the mail for a oct/nov trip. So once you finalize the order there is no going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter