*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

daizieduck said:
Thank you! That is helpful! I didn't even know there was a full site in addition to the app. I am all checked in now and I see the magic bands and FP+ options but when I click on the magic bands option it says "Don't See All Your MagicBands and Cards? Unless you have an order currently in process, you may still need to link them to your account." The FP+ option says something about the program being rolled out in a few months unless I am participating in the Magic + test. So I guess that means the links are not live for me yet? How would I get magic bands? Do I order them myself somehow or does Disney automatically generate the order? Thanks everyone for your help. This is so confusing for me for some reason. Yet everyone I know thinks I am some freaky Disney expert!

When I originally linked my resort reservation to My Disney Experience account, I didn't have any cards or bands either. I was confused because I knew I wouldn't get my park tickets until arrival at my resort because I booked my trip thru Small World Vacations as opposed to directly thru Disney. Then I ordered tix for MNSSHP myself. When they came in the mail, I went to that option and linked our 4 tickets (plastic cards) to My Disney Experience. Since then, when I've clicked the MagicBand option, I've only ever seen our 4 cards there until this morning! There was an option above my cards telling me that I have 10 more days left to customize my bands! Now I see our 4 customized bands and our 4 cards! And I got the same pop-up window for the Fastpass+ link until yesterday. So, just keep logging in and checking. Hopefully, they will open up for you, too. =0)

Ok, so going back and rereading some previous posts, It seems your trip must be paid in full before you get the FP+ option? That would make sense. That is why I don't have the FP link yet. I love this board. I learn so much here! :)

Our trip is not paid in full yet. We have one more payment to make 9/1 but I was still able to make reservations for fastpass +. Not sure if that is the reason you can not use it since I was able to do it. :confused3

Thanks for everyones' input on the FP+ and magic bands. I'll just keep checking. DH is not really interested in reserving ride times ahead of time but I think we should do it for the really popular rides like Soarin' and Toy Story Midway Mania.

Gracefulskinny said:
Nobody is exactly sure how its rolling out but it would seem that they are slowly rolling out to the resorts. I would just keep checking.

I also didn't get an email about it. I just checked the MyDisneyExperience Page once I saw someone who is checking in the same day to the same resort as I was get the FP+. It seems to be somewhat resort based. Good luck!

I just checked and was able to customize magicbands for the 2nd part of our stay at POR, but nothing for the 1st part at CSR. Still think it will be pretty cool if we can get FP+ if even for our 1 MK day - probably where it will come in most use. I was not "in the window" for FP+ yet though. Checkin at POR, RO reservation on 10/25. ;)

Our trip is not paid in full yet. We have one more payment to make 9/1 but I was still able to make reservations for fastpass +. Not sure if that is the reason you can not use it since I was able to do it. :confused3

How will this work if we just have 'resort only' ? There is no paying in advance. There is no payment plan, only deposit and the pay for the room on arrival.

How will this work if we just have 'resort only' ? There is no paying in advance. There is no payment plan, only deposit and the pay for the room on arrival.

hmm. not sure. Is your resort selected as part of the Fast Pass + testing? If so, maybe you can link your tickets under the section in MDE where it says link tickets and then maybe you will be able to pick your FP+ attractions? I am not 100% sure.

All the list were updated this morning. If I missed anyone or if anyone still wants to be added let me know please.

Add me! We'll be at All Star Music in a family suite, arrival 10/24, departing 10/31.

Plans:
10/25 Magic Kingdom & MNSSHP
10/26 lazy day, Downtown Disney & dinner @ Wolfgang Puck to celebrate my mom's bday (who will be with us)
10/27 Animal Kingdom, dinner res @ Raglan Road
10/28 EPCOT, dinner res @ Tokyo Dining
10/29 Universal IoA
10/30 the Studios, lunch res @ Sci Fi Dine In

Using easywdw @ touringplans to make the most of our time!

Is Tower of Terror worth getting a FP+ for in October? I know Rockin Roller Coaster is for sure. In the past I've never waited longer than 45 min. for ToT...

EEEEKKK I am SO excited!!! We will be arriving at POR On Oct 13, 13 and leaving Oct 19! Celebrating my daughters 7th birthday and her first visit!! Trip has been booked since March and she still has no idea!!!!

EEEEKKK I am SO excited!!! We will be arriving at POR On Oct 13, 13 and leaving Oct 19! Celebrating my daughters 7th birthday and her first visit!! Trip has been booked since March and she still has no idea!!!!

That is exciting!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

SO excited as I have wanted to try this restaurant! And since our reservation is at 7:50 we will be able to go out and sit on the beach to watch Wishes and the Electric Light Boat parade (or whatever it is called). YAY!:cheer2:

Today is the day we (husband and I) officially paid the last bit of our Disney vacation!!!

Hubby and I will be there October 17 to 23 for our 6 year anniversary... we have no children so it's an adults-only party. We plan to attend MNSSHP on our actual Anniversary date (October 20) which gives me chills as I am too excited hahahaha

Doing a split stay due to the Free Dining Package that came out (originally we booked back in Feb 2013) so first night we are staying at POFQ and then from the 18th to the 23rd we are at Coronado Springs!!!

This is our first Disney trip and looking forward to it...

Please send me any tips and hints as we can use as many as anyone can give :)

Today is the day we (husband and I) officially paid the last bit of our Disney vacation!!!

Hubby and I will be there October 17 to 23 for our 6 year anniversary... we have no children so it's an adults-only party. We plan to attend MNSSHP on our actual Anniversary date (October 20) which gives me chills as I am too excited hahahaha

Doing a split stay due to the Free Dining Package that came out (originally we booked back in Feb 2013) so first night we are staying at POFQ and then from the 18th to the 23rd we are at Coronado Springs!!!

This is our first Disney trip and looking forward to it...

Please send me any tips and hints as we can use as many as anyone can give :)

I may see you at the CSR Dig Site pool bar - heard the pool area bartender there is great! :thumbsup2 We'll be at CSR 10/18-10/25 for FD too, then switching over to POR 10/25-10/27 (POR wasn't available after my TA sat on hold for over 3 hours :sad2:). We are having a parent's only Spa day at the Grand Floridian Senses Spa on 10/22 while sending the kids off on a pirate adventure cruise, can't wait for that! They have massage rooms at CSR too, but I want the whole spa experience. It's our 10th anniversary celebration :yay: (our date was 7/19, but no way was a July trip in the cards :crazy2:). Happy Anniversary to you too!

Here is my updated trip plan:

10/5/13 - Arrival @ Art of Animation Resort, Dinner @ California Grill (for a great view of our 1st Wishes show!)
10/6/13 - Bkfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner @ Chef Mickey's
10/7/13 - Bkfast @ Kona Cafe, Dinner @ Ohana
10/8/13 - Bkfast @ Boma, Lunch @ SciFi Dine-in Theater, Dinner @ Be Our Guest
10/9/13 - Bkfast @ Ohana, Early dinner @ Coral Reef, Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party
10/10/13 - Daughter's appt @ BBB, Son's appt @ Pirates League, Dinner @ Tony's Town Square, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
10/11/13 - Lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern, Dinner @ T-Rex
10/12/13 - Last Day......Free time all day

For my very first time ever planning a Disney Trip, I'm thrilled with everything I was able to get! I'm SO EXCITED and ready to go!!!! As it gets closer and closer, it's getting harder and harder to keep it a secret from my kiddos!!!! :hyper:

When I booked this trip back in February, I knew NOTHING about Disney World. I mean NOTHING! Everything I learned, I learned here. This site is amazing! Everyone has been so helpful and so nice! We are part of the MagicBand/Fastpass + testing and I seriously would've been SO in the dark on all of that without DISboards! I have my MagicBands customized and waiting to ship and I have all my Fastpasses reserved. It's funny because I booked our resort and park tickets thru Small World Vacations in February. You would think my "agent" would be my most informative resource. LOL This morning, I got an email from Small World Vacations congratulating me that I've been chosen to participate in the MyMagic+ testing. It had a letter attached to it that laid out all the steps I needed to take in order to register on MDE, etc. I laughed and was like pfffffft! I'm so ahead of you!!! I've been on MDE for MONTHS! My ADRs have been made, my MagicBands are customized, my Fastpasses are reserved and I'm ready to go! All because of the wonderful people on DISboards!

Many, many thanks to you all. :love:

Here is my updated trip plan:

10/5/13 - Arrival @ Art of Animation Resort, Dinner @ California Grill (for a great view of our 1st Wishes show!)
10/6/13 - Bkfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner @ Chef Mickey's
10/7/13 - Bkfast @ Kona Cafe, Dinner @ Ohana
10/8/13 - Bkfast @ Boma, Lunch @ SciFi Dine-in Theater, Dinner @ Be Our Guest
10/9/13 - Bkfast @ Ohana, Early dinner @ Coral Reef, Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party
10/10/13 - Daughter's appt @ BBB, Son's appt @ Pirates League, Dinner @ Tony's Town Square, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
10/11/13 - Lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern, Dinner @ T-Rex
10/12/13 - Last Day......Free time all day

For my very first time ever planning a Disney Trip, I'm thrilled with everything I was able to get! I'm SO EXCITED and ready to go!!!! As it gets closer and closer, it's getting harder and harder to keep it a secret from my kiddos!!!! :hyper:

When I booked this trip back in February, I knew NOTHING about Disney World. I mean NOTHING! Everything I learned, I learned here. This site is amazing! Everyone has been so helpful and so nice! We are part of the MagicBand/Fastpass + testing and I seriously would've been SO in the dark on all of that without DISboards! I have my MagicBands customized and waiting to ship and I have all my Fastpasses reserved. It's funny because I booked our resort and park tickets thru Small World Vacations in February. You would think my "agent" would be my most informative resource. LOL This morning, I got an email from Small World Vacations congratulating me that I've been chosen to participate in the MyMagic+ testing. It had a letter attached to it that laid out all the steps I needed to take in order to register on MDE, etc. I laughed and was like pfffffft! I'm so ahead of you!!! I've been on MDE for MONTHS! My ADRs have been made, my MagicBands are customized, my Fastpasses are reserved and I'm ready to go! All because of the wonderful people on DISboards!

Many, many thanks to you all. :love:

That is awesome!! Good for you. :)
I love a lot of your restaurant choices- some of our favorites. Are you on the DxDDP bc that is a LOT of food. I don't think I can eat anything all day if we eat at Ohana for dinner ( love it there !) Boma, Sci-Fi and BOG- OMG! You'll be spending a lot of time in restaurants. Sorry I'm just giving my 2cents.

That is awesome!! Good for you. :)
I love a lot of your restaurant choices- some of our favorites. Are you on the DxDDP bc that is a LOT of food. I don't think I can eat anything all day if we eat at Ohana for dinner ( love it there !) Boma, Sci-Fi and BOG- OMG! You'll be spending a lot of time in restaurants. Sorry I'm just giving my 2cents.

LOL.....Yes, we are on the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan. For this very first trip, we decided we are going to go all out. If it caught my fancy, I booked it or bought it!!! We've gone into this with the mindset that this may be our one and only trip to Disney World. Although, I have a hunch from all of you here that we may start planning our next trip as soon as we're back from this one! LOL In our 13 years of marriage, we've never ever spent this much on a vacation before, but like I said......we're goin big this ONE time. There were just so many great restaurants that had such unique experiences that I just couldn't help myself! It's all good tho'..........the money is spent, the food is bought. The cash has left my bank account. If they eat 2 bites or clean the plate, I have no worries. Our legs will welcome the breaks! =0)

I've got a couple pair sandal type crocs I'm taking. Along with Tevas, Keens, Merrells..... Lol. Taking all of them!

I just ordered a pair of Keens yesterday after reading several comments. Do you think they're worth it? I ordered the Whisper style. I'm excited and hope they work out - I'm always worried about my shoes at Disney! :)

I updated the lists tonight. I made my final payment today. Can't believe it is getting so close. I am really excited to try the magic bands. I figure that it's better to try them since that is how we are going to have to start touring. I really want to see how it changes our plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter