*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

Here is my updated trip plan:

10/5/13 - Arrival @ Art of Animation Resort, Dinner @ California Grill (for a great view of our 1st Wishes show!)
10/6/13 - Bkfast @ Cinderella's Royal Table, Dinner @ Chef Mickey's
10/7/13 - Bkfast @ Kona Cafe, Dinner @ Ohana
10/8/13 - Bkfast @ Boma, Lunch @ SciFi Dine-in Theater, Dinner @ Be Our Guest
10/9/13 - Bkfast @ Ohana, Early dinner @ Coral Reef, Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party
10/10/13 - Daughter's appt @ BBB, Son's appt @ Pirates League, Dinner @ Tony's Town Square, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
10/11/13 - Lunch @ Liberty Tree Tavern, Dinner @ T-Rex
10/12/13 - Last Day......Free time all day

For my very first time ever planning a Disney Trip, I'm thrilled with everything I was able to get! I'm SO EXCITED and ready to go!!!! As it gets closer and closer, it's getting harder and harder to keep it a secret from my kiddos!!!! :hyper:

When I booked this trip back in February, I knew NOTHING about Disney World. I mean NOTHING! Everything I learned, I learned here. This site is amazing! Everyone has been so helpful and so nice! We are part of the MagicBand/Fastpass + testing and I seriously would've been SO in the dark on all of that without DISboards! I have my MagicBands customized and waiting to ship and I have all my Fastpasses reserved. It's funny because I booked our resort and park tickets thru Small World Vacations in February. You would think my "agent" would be my most informative resource. LOL This morning, I got an email from Small World Vacations congratulating me that I've been chosen to participate in the MyMagic+ testing. It had a letter attached to it that laid out all the steps I needed to take in order to register on MDE, etc. I laughed and was like pfffffft! I'm so ahead of you!!! I've been on MDE for MONTHS! My ADRs have been made, my MagicBands are customized, my Fastpasses are reserved and I'm ready to go! All because of the wonderful people on DISboards!

Many, many thanks to you all. :love:

Happy to hear another Disney lover is so excited about their trip! Good for you! I hope your kiddos have a great time!

...we have no children so it's an adults-only party.

Please send me any tips and hints as we can use as many as anyone can give :)

Yeah! :cheer2: You are going to love it! I have actually never been to DW with kids, and I've been going annually since 2000. :scared1:

I highly recommend the F&W Festival at EPCOT. Excellent food and wonderful drinks, and a whole lot of both to pick and choose from. We have found Monday-Wednesday are the least crowded, although I've read October 17 is a good EPCOT day too. If you are there that evening (27th), the Pointer Sisters are a rocking good free concert. So much fun watching the crowd dance on the sidewalks. :banana: And if you have the available $$, and seats are still available, the Party for the Senses is an amazing experience. I recommend everyone try it at least once.:thumbsup2 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/index.htm)

We can officially say that we are going to Disney next month. We are one step closer. Getting excited! What is the first thing everyone will do when they get to Disney? Usually we head right to MK after checking in, but this year our flight is late so wevare just going to head to the hotel, check-in, and relax. Hope everyone's plans are coming together.

We can officially say that we are going to Disney next month. We are one step closer. Getting excited! What is the first thing everyone will do when they get to Disney? Usually we head right to MK after checking in, but this year our flight is late so wevare just going to head to the hotel, check-in, and relax. Hope everyone's plans are coming together.

Yay! We always take an early flight. I am all for getting to the parks or at least DTD ASAP but my husband always wants to lay down as soon as we get in the room. I finally decided that we are paying for the room so might as well take an early flight and take a nap in the room when we get there than to pay for the room only to sleep late at home, lol!

Wohoo! :banana:

When it is just DH and I, we usually go right to DTD or MK. This trip is with extended family, so I think we will hang around the resort, relax, grab lunch and head to DTD for dinner.

I thought the same thing this morning, 30 days until October 1! :woohoo:

.... and 48 days until my check-in date

We leave for Disney in 30 days!! I'm trying to get our daily park plans finalized by using touring plans. I'm not totally impressed it seems to be a lot more work than I thought for a paid subscription. How are you guys making your plans?

:banana:5 weeks exactly from today we leave!!!:banana:

About this time (in 35 days) we should be strolling up Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom. It kind of gives me goose bumps just thinking about it!!! It's my favorite place to be!!!!

Went to Costco today and they had Halloween costumes out already....so we got the kids costumes for MNSSHP. They were really excited to not have to wait for me to order costumes.

Does anybody happen to have the times for the Celebrate the Magic show for 10/13?

Also with an 8pm BOG ADR is there any hope that I'll get to see it?

We have a late flight when we arrive so we will be hanging out at the condo. and have dinner. We will get an early start the next morning. :)
Just to let everyone know I am in Disney now actually leaving tomorrow :( and it is full blown Halloween here. All decorations are up and lots of Halloween merchandise out.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have a late flight when we arrive so we will be hanging out at the condo. and have dinner. We will get an early start the next morning. :)
Just to let everyone know I am in Disney now actually leaving tomorrow :( and it is full blown Halloween here. All decorations are up and lots of Halloween merchandise out.

They are wasting any time huh? Lol. I can't wait to see the Halloween decorations. Fall is my favorite time of year. Just makes me happy. :goodvibes

Hope you are having fun!

Is it too early to start packing for my Oct.18 trip? :)

Never to early!! You can always pack stuff you won't be using. We won't be wearing shorts around here for much longer. I'll have those packed soon.

They are wasting any time huh? Lol. I can't wait to see the Halloween decorations. Fall is my favorite time of year. Just makes me happy. :goodvibes

Hope you are having fun!

No they don't. They actually start decorating the third week of August. We've been a few times then and decorations were starting to go up already.
We did have fun! I had my b-day dinner at Narcoossees Fri. Night. It was great!! :) there's nothing better than a b-day at Disney!!
And the best part is we'll be back in a month.

No they don't. They actually start decorating the third week of August. We've been a few times then and decorations were starting to go up already.
We did have fun! I had my b-day dinner at Narcoossees Fri. Night. It was great!! :) there's nothing better than a b-day at Disney!!
And the best part is we'll be back in a month.

Birthdays at Disney are so much fun. Ranks right up there with anniversaries. Love Narcoossee's. It's one of my favorites. You are so lucky to have the condo now. I would love to have so many trips in one year. So jealous, but so happy for you at the same time. Haha.

What is the first thing everyone will do when they get to Disney? Usually we head right to MK after checking in, but this year our flight is late so we are just going to head to the hotel, check-in, and relax. Hope everyone's plans are coming together.

We have gone to MK first on past trips, but this time, our flight lands after 1pm at Sanford Airport so we are renting a car and driving in... all new to us! My plans are to stop for drinks and snacks at a grocery store or WalMart, then check in and head to Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli. We ate there last trip and it was SO GOOD! Plus the Italian waiters weren't hard to look at! :rolleyes1 At our house, Monday night is always pizza night so I figured I'd keep up with our routine and eat the BEST PIZZA EVER on Monday night! (MK first thing Tuesday morning!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter