*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

The first week will probably be less crowded. We are going the second week because it is the Mardi Gras holiday for our schools so if you go then you will see a bunch from Louisiana, south Mississippi, and south Alabama. And Artemis is correct, at the end of the second week you will be looking at the flood of people arriving for the President's Day holiday week. I wish we could do the first week but the wife and kiddos won't be out of school. The only benefit of going the second week is possible longer hours and more shows due to more people being there. I don't think either week will be completely insane. Have fun planning!

Thank you. I didn't realize that about 2nd week.

I'm a pretty excited. We were planning on going with my parents and grandma but that has since changed. My parents decided they were going to go to Hawaii this year and not go to Disney. I don't think my grandma will go if they don't..... so..... this means it will just be hubby and the kiddos. This will be our very first family vacation. I am thinking it will be a little more relaxed also. We will get to do what we want, when we want, and not have to worry about making everyone happy.

I've done both types and the ones that are just our little family have something extra special about them. And, I think with all you have been through, it would be the perfect celebration. And you are right. When it's just you, there are no other feelings/opinions to consider.

We (DH, DD15, DD12 and I) are staying off property (we usually stay at Pop), but the price for a 2 bedroom condo was amazing. However, I'm afraid that we will miss being immersed in the magic... We'll be there February 9-16. I'll pm you about the facebook page! Can't wait to make some ADR's!

We (DH, DD15, DD12 and I) are staying off property (we usually stay at Pop), but the price for a 2 bedroom condo was amazing. However, I'm afraid that we will miss being immersed in the magic... We'll be there February 9-16. I'll pm you about the facebook page! Can't wait to make some ADR's!

:welcome: plucky! I have you added to the list. That's great you got a good deal on the condo! Yeah just pm me and I can get you added to the FB group! :)

OP, please add me to the list. We are done being wishy washy and have settled with the dates Feb 1 - 8 staying at Poly:cool1::cool1:.

I'll PM you for FB addition. Thank.

That's the exact reason why I hate to even leave WDW. I had a bad experience at Universal so there is no point for us to leave, really. There is plenty to do at WDW alone. Plus I love free dining!

Got you on the list! :) Why did they cancel MG? I think I have changed like 5 times already! Hoping the packages come out soon so I can book it and have a definite plan!
Gretna cancelled Mardi Gras? I hadn't heard about that. Crazy! I'm eastbank JP and when we go to parades it is usually Metairie. But I'm more than happy to skip everything MG to go to Disney.
Yeah, not long after Mardi Gras this year, there was an article in the paper that (and it's hazy now) Gretna wouldn't be providing Police protection or issuing permits (I forgot which) for krewes on Mardi Gras day next year. :scared1: This wasn't a huge surprise, since Gretna has really been scaling back MG support in recent years (i.e., no Lundi Gras for a couple of years now), and West Bank parades overall have been on a general decline for quite a while. :sad2:
Grela, the Mardi Gras Day parade krewe, may or may not roll on some other day, but I think they just had a leadership change, so that is still up in the air. As far as I know, Cleopatra, Alla, and the other West Bank krewes won't be affected too much, except that they may not be able to enter Gretna, but they didn't do that too much, anyway.
So, long story short, this isn't a huge deal for us, since DS hasn't grown into the parade mania like we'd hoped :confused3, and it isn't as enjoyable for us if he isn't having a good time. So, we can get our fix in with Cleo and Alla, and head out to WDW for the big day since he's got off school anyway. Perfect plan, right? That's our theory, anyway. ;)
And for anybody else out there reading this, You needn't worry. The BIG Mardi Gras party in New Orleans proper is completely unaffected by any of these suburban shenanigans. Canal Street and the French Quarter will still be just as chaotic as ever. If you were planning to come down next year, the lunacy will be waiting for you.

This will be our very first family vacation. I am thinking it will be a little more relaxed also. We will get to do what we want, when we want, and not have to worry about making everyone happy.
I'll have to echo others' sentiments... We finally took my parents with us in April this year, and while the trip wasn't exactly a disaster, it wasn't what we call enjoyable, either. It was unfulfilling to the point where DW was contemplating a quick trip in early November since DS will have a 4-day weekend then. :lmao:
So, yeah, I think it's much easier to have a good time with a smaller family unit than having the Grand Gathering type of thing. Y'all have fun! :wizard:

I can't wait until 8/26 to make my ADRs! Oh and still waiting on 2013 packages too!
Anyone doing the 5k?

OP, please add me to the list. We are done being wishy washy and have settled with the dates Feb 1 - 8 staying at Poly:cool1::cool1:.

I'll PM you for FB addition. Thank.

Added you to the list! I would love to eventually stay at Poly! Have you stayed there before? We will be there the same time as you! :cool1:

I sent you a message back. :)

Added you to the list! I would love to eventually stay at Poly! Have you stayed there before? We will be there the same time as you! :cool1:

I sent you a message back. :)

Thank you for adding me to the FB group. Yes, we were one of the lucky ones last Feb that got moved from POR Royal Guest Rm to Poly due to construction delays. Let's just say it was all it took to get hooked. It was the most amazing trip. I still love POR so I know we will be back there too.

We will be going in February !! After years of going in the summer we are looking forward to going in a month with nicer weather. Feb 24 - March 2. Undecided where we will stay.

July 11th? Could it be that we have an actual day where we will be able to finally book our trip? yay!!!!!! :goodvibes It's hard to get excited when nothing is booked :laughing:

bennythepug I think it depends on where you're from if it's too cold to swim or not :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter