New Service: store your personal vacation gear

What a great idea! I've always kept a box of some sort that I keep adding to everytime I go back and forth - this will leave a bit more space in the car now.
Thanks for letting me be a trial member!

We were one of those couples that thought we would not benefit from it. In fact, for the two weeks before our first trip with our locker, DH was complainng everyday about how we drive and did not need such a service.

Let me tell you, on the morning of our last day, he was the one packing the locker up.

We also stay in a studio and really do not like the paper plates and plastic silveware. We have always packed our own dinner plates and silverware. We have two glasses that are pretty special to us that have made every trip down to the World with us.

What we stored in ours was our kitchen items, rain ponchos, soaps, lotions, shampoos and things like that. We left a bottle of wine in the locker.

What amazed me was how quickly I was able to unpack once we got home. In 90 minutes I was done. Never have I been able to get done so fast. It has to be the locker. Think about it, all the little stuff that takes up no room, but takes forever to put away, is no longer a problem.

I am very happy that John pushed us to try the service out.
So even if you don't think it is for you, think about it and give it a try.

Not to be indelicate or ungrateful but what will the cost be after the free trial period. I tend not to accept free offers knowing that I will be reluctant to continue a service that costs more than I'm willing to pay.

I wouldn't worry about being indelicate. This is a business start up, so I imagine that they'd be interested in knowing how much such a service would be worth to vacationers.

Hi cdmickey and, justKim

Great question and you're not being indelicate at all!

Here's our current thinking on pricing:
-$75 for the Locker (yours to keep and guaranteed for life)
-$12.50 per month for climate controlled storage and one free delivery per year.

And, justKim, you're right. While there's absolutely no obligation to contiunue after the two year trial we do want our test Members to know what we're planning to charge so they can give us feedback after they've used the service on whether they feel we have the pricing right. The reason we're doing the test is to prove to ourselves that our rather sophisticated (brag, brag) tracking system works flawlessly and to get as much feedback as possible on every aspect of our service. We're operating in a very personal area and we need to know as much as we can....so thanks for asking!

john

I just heard about this service. I can't tell you all how much I have thought about this.. I am planning on putting my fanny pack, special seasonings for cooking, toiletries and makeup, food storage bags, laundry soap, dryer sheets an umbrella and ponchos.. a flashlight. Oh there are so many things that just stay in a suitcase just ready to be put in the car or on a plane.. this will certianly make my life easier!

I also signed up for being part of the beta group and I'm looking forward to thinking about what we can store between trips. Our next trip is in April so I have a few months to come up with a master list!

We are excited about this service. I already see how I can use it this year. DH and I are heading down in Feb and plan to fill it with "surprises" for our DS and his wife for their honeymoon at BCVs in July. We were going to put in bride/groom ears, some special toasting glasses, wine, and corkscrew. etc. (anyone else have any suggestions?)

I am excited to be able to leave ponchos, umbrellas, extra shoes, a light jacket and sweatshirts there and not have to bring them everytime we come.

This is an idea whose time has come!

pinnie

We’re launching a new service for frequent visitors to the Orlando area called Owner’s Locker.

John

You might want to put a link on the 'DISabilities' board.

I travel from the UK every other year to stay at DVC. Because of my disability, I need to bring medical equipment like toilet booster seats and bed rails. I don't need these at home and it would be great not to have to bring everything with me. This might also be the case for others with disabilities.

I would need something larger than your standard locker. I won't be back at WDW 'till late '08, but am bookmarking your site so I can contact you again nearer my next trip.

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Thanks soooo much for your comments. We had a similar question from one of the applicants for our trial Memberships about storing prescription drugs and medical supplies in a Locker. We are amazed and pleased at the different uses people might have for a Locker. We're dealing with an intensely personal serrvice, so what should we expect?!?!?!

We haven't discussed many details of Owner's Locker's' services beyond the storage Locker on these boards yet. An exciting feature will be our "Out of the Box" service where Members just tell what they want us to store that won't fit in a Locker and we discuss with them how we will store it. We can handle bicycles, wheelchairs, canoes, the medical appliances you mention and even cars.

And your comment about the disABILITIES! board is extremely timely. We started out on the DIS DVC boards but we are discussing what other DIS boards might be relevant for Owner's Locker. We just added one more to our list!

Thanks for taking the time to comment, Andrew. We look forward to hearing other suggestions you might have and look forward to making your upcoming trips more convenient.
John

Any idea how much this service will cost? I went to the link, I could not find anything about cost.

Hey T&R,
Our current thinking is:
-$75 for the Locker--guaranteed for life
-$12.50 per month for climate controlled storage which includes one free visit per year.
John

Does that include the pick-up and drop-off charges for each trip? Is there a limit to the drop-off/pick-ups per month or year?

Good question, tomadndrobin,
We're still finalizing pricing. The $12.50 per month storage fee would include one delivery to and pick up from the resort (we call it a visit) per year. The second visit in any year would be $30; the third would be $25; the fourth would be $20; the fifth would be $15; the sixth would be $10; the seventh would be $5 and the eighth and more visits would be free. We're also looking at a package that has unlimited deliveries per year.
Thanks for the question
John

That sounds like the Disney MYW ads ... "The more you play, the less you pay".

That seems to be a reasonable fee scale.

Thanks for that information , John. :)

We cannot wait to try this out in a week! We have certain things we drag every trip. ONe of which is our coffee grinder and brita pitcher! :)

I am happy to hear that there may be a method for storing bigger things in the future. ONe of the first things my husband said was "too bad our disney strollers wont fit!" We have a set for the kids that we use only for Disney and to leave them down there would be heaven! :)

Thanks so much for the chance to give this a try. We know we will be packing that locker when we leave!

Hi tobidisney,
Scroll back and have a look at posts 32 through 36
thanks,
john

I want to tell everyone how pleased I am with Owner's Locker's service. I received an e-mail last Friday telling me my locker had been delivered, but when I checked in at OKW on Saturday Bell Services couldn't find it. Luckily John and Brian have fail safe devices in place. I called Brian (we were in our room at the time) and told him about the problem. Within 15 minutes Bell Services had located our locker. Brian called me back and told me it was found. Since we rent a car, I was able to pick up our locker before Bell Services even had a chance to call and notify me about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter