NEW VGF Building

Doesn't look to be in the updated Contemporary hotel rooms, although you'd have to get the water for the coffee pot from the bathroom sink.

Some people prefer to use filtered or bottled water for their coffee, anyway, so maybe that's not as big a deal for them. We use water from the bathroom sink for coffee when we stay in non-Disney hotel rooms, so I can probably get past that.

We would only use VGF points for 2 or 3 nights as part of a split stay that involve one or two visits to the MK. The rest of the stay would be in a 1 bedroom at BWV as our favorite parks are EPCOT and DHS, and it doesn't much matter which part of a split stay involves DS or AK.

I get not having the sink because of the need to run plumbing but why cant they find a place for a microwave and toaster?

Also, this was announced as all studios from the beginning, no?

So the current GFV owners will now have to compete even more for a traditional studio if that is what they are wanting?

What's the next resort Disney will pull this stunt with?

So the current GFV owners will now have to compete even more for a traditional studio if that is what they are wanting?

What's the next resort Disney will pull this stunt with?
My guess is the people that buy when these points go on sale will be ones who like the idea of what is being offered. Maybe they will be fewer points than the deluxe studios.

I cannot get over the “using water from bathroom sink to make coffee” and due to my balance problems, I like the shower in the deluxe studios. A walk over tub to use the shower doesn’t work for me. When DH and I get a studio, I often try for HA.

I do like the decor, but it’s not something I would book.

If they follow the Aulani method, they'll make the "Resort Studios" 1 to 2 less points per night than the standard "deluxe" studio and call it a day. Or vice versa.

My guess is the people that buy when these points go on sale will be ones who like the idea of what is being offered. Maybe they will be fewer points than the deluxe studios.

I cannot get over the “using water from bathroom sink to make coffee” and due to my balance problems, I like the shower in the deluxe studios. A walk over tub to use the shower doesn’t work for me. When DH and I get a studio, I often try for HA.

I do like the decor, but it’s not something I would book.
My guess is that DVD would be remiss in not hyping the ability to book anything from a resort studio up to a 3BR GV to potential buyers.

With everything I have been hearing about VGFII, I decided against it and bought another 50 points at RIV. I have no use for 2 queen beds and defiantly need a refrigerator and microwave. The sink thing did not really bother me since I use bottled water much of the time anyway. I still like the location, so I bought a small BLT resale as well. The GFV resales have gone nuts.

Last edited:
Really starting to dislike this the more I think about it. I love the 1br at VGF and do not like the fact that VGFII is all studios. We do book studios sometimes so I may not sell, but if I regularly have trouble booking a 1br I probably will sell. I will give them a chance before I judge them, but we really love everything about the Villas.

Really starting to dislike this the more I think about it. I love the 1br at VGF and do not like the fact that VGFII is all studios. We do book studios sometimes so I may not sell, but if I regularly have trouble booking a 1br I probably will sell. I will give them a chance before I judge them, but we really love everything about the Villas.
I agree I’d be very nervous if I was gfv owner. There are many ways this could go wrong and limited upside for owners (mainly higher chance to book studios but was this where a 11 month 8am booking?).

This will benefit other resort owners as it should be much easier to score gfv studios (and maybe even blt and poly through impact) at 7 month window but I feel nervous for current owners.

Definitely a quick cash grab.

But, my unpopular opinion (apparently), if I were planning on staying in studios for all stays, I would prefer two real beds and a 'regular hotel room' than a 1 bed and pull down. When I was talking to two different members I know before I bought, that was both of their main warning. That studio rooms are not regular hotels and that they were unhappy when they first realized sofa beds were standard (as well as the housekeeping difference).

It definitely hurts existing VGF owners that are not interested in this style room so I feel bad.

I am definitely still interested in a small add-on, but I need to see price first.

If the resort studios end up similar to those just redone at the Contemporary (except for the theming), I'm back in for an add-on. Purchase will still depend on the point charts, of course and the other details. Hoping the point charts won't be too bad. My best guess is that they won't be the same as the studios.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...edibles-rooms-at-disneys-contemporary-resort/
I love the Incredible theming. IMO, it's very well done!

Im back in too! I love them and can’t wait!

So, now that we have an idea of what they will be, what are thoughts on initial price per point?

I think I’m sticking with my initial prediction…$220 to $230/pt.

So, now that we have an idea of what they will be, what are thoughts on initial price per point?

I'm still going with my original prediction of $210. I think I had said 205-210 but with the increases since then I'll go with my top end....if prices overall keep increasing between now and the announcement then that could change. I'm thinking within $10/point of Riviera.

I'm still going with my original prediction of $210. I think I had said 205-210 but with the increases since then I'll go with my top end....if prices overall keep increasing between now and the announcement then that could change. I'm thinking within $10/point of Riviera.

I should add that my guess is the price before any incentive. I think it could get to $210 with them!

$245pp with incentives. It will make Riviera seem like a great deal.

Definitely a quick cash grab.

But, my unpopular opinion (apparently), if I were planning on staying in studios for all stays, I would prefer two real beds and a 'regular hotel room' than a 1 bed and pull down. When I was talking to two different members I know before I bought, that was both of their main warning. That studio rooms are not regular hotels and that they were unhappy when they first realized sofa beds were standard (as well as the housekeeping difference).

It definitely hurts existing VGF owners that are not interested in this style room so I feel bad.

I am definitely still interested in a small add-on, but I need to see price first.
I don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion. I think a lot of us on here unhappy are parties of 2. I don’t need the 2 queens. At least an option for a king/sofa or a queen/Murphy bed would’ve been nice.

As someone said a few posts up, they may price this only 1-3 points less per night and I think that will put more pressure on VGF at 11 months. Worst case if we can’t get deluxe or 1 bedrooms, we sell and maybe add on at AKV or deal with less points.

Is it me or does the picture of the master bedrooms at VGF1 show the king bed and a sofa with another pull down murphy bed? Or is that the studio? It’s labeled master.

Is it me or does the picture of the master bedrooms at VGF1 show the king bed and a sofa with another pull down murphy bed? Or is that the studio? It’s labeled master.
I don't think they posted a picture of the master in the 1BR....I think that's a deluxe studio (queen, murphy, flip down).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter