• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Muppet babies was actually a great show...as was fraggle...and did a lot to sustain the muppets as viable through the death of Henson.

Two properties: pooh and muppets have gotten more investment relative to return than anything we've seen disney do during the Eisner/iger eras...

They'd usually cut bait on their own properties far sooner.

Muppet Babies reboot coming to Disney Jr in 2018.

Total old news just ignore me :rolleyes1 *facepalm* moment. :rotfl:

News

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-hollywood-studios-new-name-20150312-story.html (published today August 23rd).

No official new name but there is this:

"A 6-year-old child at the Walt Disney Co.'s annual shareholder meeting asked a question about whether the studios might change its name.

"It's not announced. We used to be MGM Studios, we changed to Hollywood Studios and we're doing some significant work there right now that I guess will result in a name change," Disney CEO Bob Iger answered. "Now we can announce that. It's not been announced, right? No.".

So it looks like a new name is indeed in the cards for DHS (as had been rumored)....just we don't know the new name quite yet.

Last edited:
News

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-hollywood-studios-new-name-20150312-story.html (published today August 23rd).

No official new name but there is this:

"A 6-year-old child at the Walt Disney Co.'s annual shareholder meeting asked a question about whether the studios might change its name.

"It's not announced. We used to be MGM Studios, we changed to Hollywood Studios and we're doing some significant work there right now that I guess will result in a name change," Disney CEO Bob Iger answered. "Now we can announce that. It's not been announced, right? No.".

So it looks like a new name is indeed in the cards for DHS (as had been rumored)....just we don't know the new name quite yet.
That article is from March 2015.

Hopefully so! I never thought about it, but is there be a difference between room accounts for normal cash stays and DVC? And enjoy that mobile ordering, it's great, but you won't get your discounts

There is not...
Not for cash type transactions.

The only issue would be to "firewall" the dvc points off - which has already been the norm for dvc for years (ie...no need to see those point transactions as they have no monetary value)...and to separate the vouchers/coupons off the cash folio...yes, i mean the dining plan.

Muppet Babies reboot coming to Disney Jr in 2018.

I loved Muppet Babbies as a kid - hope it keeps the same feel

Plus, they already have built in the crossover with Star Wars and Indiana Jones
muppet_babies_by_daikikun75.jpg
Baby-Kermit-Indy.jpg

I loved Muppet Babbies as a kid - hope it keeps the same feel

Plus, they already have built in the crossover with Star Wars and Indiana Jones
muppet_babies_by_daikikun75.jpg
Baby-Kermit-Indy.jpg

I have no reason to watch cartoons, but I hope they keep that catchy intro song. Almost as good as the gummy bears song.

Hopefully, this might give Disney a reason to expand the Muppet influence in the park. While I'm not a *huge* fan, I think the Muppet's courtyard is adorable at DHS. Is there any speculation about that property with all the other expansion happening?

I have no reason to watch cartoons, but I hope they keep that catchy intro song. Almost as good as the gummy bears song.

Hopefully, this might give Disney a reason to expand the Muppet influence in the park. While I'm not a *huge* fan, I think the Muppet's courtyard is adorable at DHS. Is there any speculation about that property with all the other expansion happening?

since when does one need a reason to watch cartoons? :confused3 ;)

Fully agree on the Gummy Bears theme song (that show overall I think is underappreciated amongst the Disney Afternoon block of cartoons)

I remember watching the Gummy Bears when I was young - it was the earliest cartoon on Saturday mornings so I had to get up at an ungodly hour to watch it, but it was favorite!

since when does one need a reason to watch cartoons? :confused3 ;)

Fully agree on the Gummy Bears theme song (that show overall I think is underappreciated amongst the Disney Afternoon block of cartoons)

I watched Metalocalypse, does that count? I'm not an adult who enjoys children's entertainment. I know - bad Disney fan. Seriously, the number of Disney movies I haven't seen is much larger than those I have.

Hold on - goes to the internet - Gummy Bears was Disney? Holy poop! *runs around losing her mind* Did I know this as a kid? I don't know. I certainly forgot it.

Was there ever a time they were in the parks? That would be new news to me. If they're bringing back Darkwing and Muppet Babies, could they bring this back? That's a rumor I'd LOVE to hear.

I watched Metalocalypse, does that count? I'm not an adult who enjoys children's entertainment. I know - bad Disney fan. Seriously, the number of Disney movies I haven't seen is much larger than those I have.

Hold on - goes to the internet - Gummy Bears was Disney? Holy poop! *runs around losing her mind* Did I know this as a kid? I don't know. I certainly forgot it.

Was there ever a time they were in the parks? That would be new news to me. If they're bringing back Darkwing and Muppet Babies, could they bring this back? That's a rumor I'd LOVE to hear.
I get my cartoon fill with "rick and morty" but I digress

Yup - they had a parade float and everything
IMG_5592.JPG

I'm with you on that one... bring them back!

Yup - they had a parade float and everything
View attachment 264159

I wonder if I saw this as a kid? My folks weren't really into the parades, so we didn't do them...terrible mean parents... hopefully ya'll will alert me if the Gummy Bears get a re-boot. I might dvr that and enjoy it over a load of cocktails with friends:)

*gummy bears...bouncing here and there and everywhere...*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter