• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

I'm trying to figure out how to fit in a trip in 2018 so we don't have to go back until 2020, and we can focus heavily on SWGE and maybe US HP stuff on the 2020 trip. My stepson really would like to go to WDW, but going in 2019 is probably going to be a madhouse.

Well, I don't think SWGE is going to open in WDW until 2nd Half of 2019, so first half of 2019 should be ok. 2018 you will have to deal with Toy Story Land just opening (unless you go very early in the year before it opens) .... and then 2021 is the 50th anniversary of WDW and by then likely have Tron and GotG ride open, etc. - so that year will be crazy too - so 2020 might be a good time for a (relatively) less crazy time

Well, I don't think SWGE is going to open in WDW until 2nd Half of 2019, so first half of 2019 should be ok. 2018 you will have to deal with Toy Story Land just opening (unless you go very early in the year before it opens) .... and then 2021 is the 50th anniversary of WDW and by then likely have Tron and GotG ride open, etc. - so that year will be crazy too - so 2020 might be a good time for a (relatively) less crazy time

Agreed. We are planning a trip for late Jan/early Feb 2019. It's a generally slow time of year, with good weather, and should easily be before Star Wars opens or even a hope of previews occurs. We are hoping some people will be holding off, making it even slower. We won't have seen Pandora, or Toy Story, so there will plenty of new stuff and it can tide us over a few years until the madhouse dies down surrounding Star Wars.

Maybe June 2019 would be the year to go...it is going to be a crazy few years at WDW...

Here's a graphical representation of the eclipse at the maximum point. Only 13% of the sun will be uncovered. Personally, it seems like common sense to close trails that are always closed at night during an eclipse of this nature. No lawyers needed here.

eclipsegraphic-animalkingdom.jpg

The site where I got that graphic also has an animation showing how the eclipse will happen. (You can enter your own city to see what will happen locally, too.)

For Disney's Animal Kingdom: https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/@6949554

Only thing that makes sense to me is Tom Sawyer Island because it isn't built for semidark exploring

You guys may have noticed that even 13% of the sun is still really, really bright. Noticeably dimmer, yes, but not anything approaching dark. Even 100% obscuration is about equal to a nautical twilight. And totality is much darker than anything non-totality.

You guys may have noticed that even 13% of the sun is still really, really bright. Noticeably dimmer, yes, but not anything approaching dark. Even 100% obscuration is about equal to a nautical twilight. And totality is much darker than anything non-totality.
It looked darkish from the Disney pictures I saw. Where I live it just looked kinda cloudy. But you know the Disney lawyers were all over this

Try a different browser. I've noticed the PhotoPass website won't work on Chrome on my computer at work or at home, but will work fine on Safari. The app works better interface-wise, IMO. It's a little slow, sure, but it's much easier to download photos from when you just want to grab a few. We go a few times a year, have AP, and have a ton of friends linked to us. The website is the biggest pain in the *** to download photos. It loads oldest photos first and that's thousands of photos behind for us.

Their website needs to allow you to select photos from a range of dates, select certain people, etc. Even when I do get through and download everything I have to double check it all because I end up with multiples of the same photos over and over and over again. It's just a mess.

I'll try using a different browser when I get home. Wonder why it doesn't work in Chrome. I just wanted to bulk download all of the pictures from the wedding/honeymoon trip. We have all our family linked so I was going to split up the pictures. Poor wife downloaded each picture individually from the app on her iPad. I should have thought to use a different browser. I'll have to get her something nice to make up. Oh wait, I already married her...never mind :p

I'll try using a different browser when I get home. Wonder why it doesn't work in Chrome. I just wanted to bulk download all of the pictures from the wedding/honeymoon trip. We have all our family linked so I was going to split up the pictures. Poor wife downloaded each picture individually from the app on her iPad. I should have thought to use a different browser. I'll have to get her something nice to make up. Oh wait, I already married her...never mind :p

I've never had any issue in Chrome but I also prefer the app just because I'll grab a few here and there. I'm betting you have a lot more interesting ones considering the wedding. Congrats by the way!

This is not a surprise with MNSSHP starting this Friday, but it does seem crazy early.

Of course I was in the pet store last night, and they were putting out the Halloween Costumes for pets. Let me repeat. Halloween Costumes...for pets...68 days before Halloween. It's things like this that make me think this is one messed up world we live in.
I was just about to say that it isn't just Disney! Stores have Halloween and Christmas stuff out CRAZY EARLY these days!!

Or, "Why spend $200 for a Broadway show when you can spend $2000."
We're so familiar with NYC -- and no part of me wants to experience a broadway workshop firsthand -- so I can't ever see booking something like this, but I suspect it's a decent deal for some people. NYC isn't cheap no matter how you do it!

We're so familiar with NYC -- and no part of me wants to experience a broadway workshop firsthand -- so I can't ever see booking something like this, but I suspect it's a decent deal for some people. NYC isn't cheap no matter how you do it!

yeah, we live near NYC so not sure if we would ever do it - but for the hotels and meals and the experiences they are giving you, it really isn't too bad of a deal. I just checked one of the set of dates and the hotel alone (just straight from the website, not looking for deals) is $641.66 PER NIGHT plus taxes and fees - so for 3 nights you are at over $2,200 (all in) just for the hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter