News Round Up 2017

One of the picture captions indicated that the path to the Boardwalk is currently open. Are there plans to close this path off? If so, I hope they increase the # of boats from the EPCOT resorts. I thought it was usually faster to walk from the Boardwalk to DHS versus waiting on the boats.
It is currently open. I would imagine it will likely have to close at some point. I am watching this as the WDW Marathon runs right now that path and they may have to alter the course in that area because of this.

My impression with the after hours events were they were timed as a filler for periods when Disney couldn't otherwise slide in another upcharge event (Halloween & Christmas Parties) and had been scheduled in the first half of the year as such (someone correct me if I'm wrong on the dates.) I wouldn't see them coming back in September, especially with them scheduling more/better pocket-drainers in the form of expanded party and Food and Wine dates.

Correct...excellent point.

There are an astonishing 47 Halloween things...if I remember correctly...and unlike the experiment things - they sell like hot cakes and they overcrowd them. It's all in Disney's favor.

I've been thinking the same thing - I am toying with the idea of going to D23 in 2019 and I think it could be amazing yet also nutso if Star Wars: Galaxy Edge has just opened

If you define it by "overpriced and crowded to uncomfortable levels"...then I agree.

I'm thinking of blacking out disney totally from 2019-2020...the closer we get.

So, is this plan B to that parking structure probably not being completed (or even built) by the time Star Wars Land rolls around? It seems like it to me.
Well, not really plan B but more of a "better than nothing". Anaheim is going to be such a zoo when Star Wars opens I doubt 455 extra spaces is going to make all that much difference.

You're buying first, justifying later...I'm not gonna tell you not to do it.

I'm also not gonna tell you there's any sense to it.

Pure capitalism...not manipulation, perception, repackaging or artificially limiting supply.

...Adam smith in the drivers seat. Or is it Pinnochet? I get the two confused ;)
I've said it before and I'll say it again... you're an odd bird at times! Funny how certain and authoritative you are about some things... final arbiter of good sense and all. "You're buying first, justifying later." OK, sure! You're fun! :flower1:

BTW: I think "artificially limiting supply" is a legit part of capitalism... so are the other things you list. I'm ok with it, as long as it isn't being done on a necessary good or service. MK time is not a necessity... though it comes close to some of us on here... ;)

Last edited:
There's nothing else to do late at night at WDW, so I'd happily pay for low crowds and late evenings.

Are their any rumblings of DAH coming back? This would be news I'd be interested in for sure.
Paying for low crowds... that's basically what EMM is, what DAH was, what the holiday parties are to a lesser degree... we've done all and liked them and felt they were worth it to us.

Like others have said, I haven't heard anything about DAH coming back, though we'd like it to.

I'd also like other options past 10pm, but that's a whole other discussion we've been having...

One of the picture captions indicated that the path to the Boardwalk is currently open. Are there plans to close this path off? If so, I hope they increase the # of boats from the EPCOT resorts. I thought it was usually faster to walk from the Boardwalk to DHS versus waiting on the boats.

It is currently open. I would imagine it will likely have to close at some point. I am watching this as the WDW Marathon runs right now that path and they may have to alter the course in that area because of this.

I bet they can do a temporary walkway.

Seems like the fenced off section that used to be for charter buses could be a staging area for construction materials and vehicles. If that's the case, they could keep that path open. Just have a "crossing guard" in place to stop people while the move into/out of the actual construction site. Then, once the station is mostly built, they can create a temporary walkway when they need to connect to the actual path.

After all, Disney is pretty adept at mixing pedestrians and construction.

So your saying they are smart beyond their earspirate: ?

I'll say this:

In this game of thrones...one side...which you want to lose...is masterful in misdirecting and then quietly cutting the throat of their adversary

While the other...noble and true...you want to win..but is too stupid/optimistic to see what's going on until the battle is lost...

...the world would be a better place if they all were eaten by dragons...

...and no...I'm not talking about "beastly kingdom"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter