News Round Up 2017

Just to catch up...

New Soarin is dumb. Hate that it is half CGI. Oh look at the majestic vista of...oh wait, it's fake. Look at the sweet whale jumping...oh wait it's fake. Let's film the Taj Mahal! Oh wait, we aren't allowed? That's ok, just make it out of CGI, there aren't possibly any other world wonders that we could film. Let's replace the wonderful smell of oranges with...dirt. Yeah, I can't walk outside my door and smell that. Also, let's make the elephants fake. Not like we could possibly get real footage of animals. And on and on. I know people enjoy it, just needed to get my opinion in.

I'm so excited for the castle lights!

Didn't really care about Disney Quest (once it went obsolete 15 years ago) do not care about NBA. About the only sport I don't get into.

And forgot to give my opinion on EA. The Star Wars game division is located on the floor underneath my office. So imagine being a huge SW fan and having to walk by that amazing office with all it's SW murals in the halls and all the full size game figures in the office. Then end up in your boring office with no windows and stark white walls. Sigh.

But I also hate that they buy up smaller, independent game companies and then ruin the games. Not that all EA games are bad, but I have played some truly awful ones and they do seem to stifle creativity. It is a shame that the SW game that was underway is being shelved.

Here at Disney now. I'm relaying this story from my brother-in-law who went home yesterday. So I have no verification if it's true.

2 days ago at Epcot he signed his son up for the Agent P Adventure. He was told that he had to download an app to his own phone to play the game. The reason? Apparently a large organized group of people signed up recently and walked off with about 150 phones. Leaving Disney with about 20. The theory is that they will try to jailbreak them and resell them.

Not buying that one for a second. Why would they continue to purchase/maintain phones for the the Agent P Adventure when (just about) everyone has their own, much more advanced/higher quality phone they could use? I'm sure this was a switch that was in the works for a while.

EA gets a lot of hate....

I played the Beta and loved it.

Have my elite edition (huge trap) reserved and ready to pick up in less than a month!

But I also hate that they buy up smaller, independent game companies and then ruin the games. Not that all EA games are bad, but I have played some truly awful ones and they do seem to stifle creativity. It is a shame that the SW game that was underway is being shelved.

Don't get me wrong, Battlefront II looks great and will probably improve upon all the issues with Battlefront I. But gamers knew Battlefront was going to be a multi-player focused micro-transaction fest ... I'm OK with that.

Amy Hennig and Naughty dog have created some of the most emotional gaming experiences and pushed gaming as an art form. When EA brought Hennig in to work on a Star Wars game with Visceral they knew they wanted a cinematic single-player experience. This was a dream project to combine Uncharted's style with Star Wars and could have been the greatest Star Wars game ever. EA then canned Visceral taking the tech assets to re-purpose them? EA bait and switched 'Uncharted' into what will probably become a 'Destiny' Star Wars clone that they will monetize for years.

EA has a long history destroying of gaming as an art in the name of business, but this may have been the last straw for me

Aanndd that's how you possibly lose a job depending on the NDA Disney has them sign when they're hired.

I assume the studio is a little more lenient to him. Not long ago he confirmed on Twitter that he was directing a film for WDAS, which could also be considered a delicate reveal. He's very likely directing this new 'original' film.

He is a big deal at the studio, anyway. He's been head of story for most of the films Disney has released in recent years.

Last edited:
Here at Disney now. I'm relaying this story from my brother-in-law who went home yesterday. So I have no verification if it's true.

2 days ago at Epcot he signed his son up for the Agent P Adventure. He was told that he had to download an app to his own phone to play the game. The reason? Apparently a large organized group of people signed up recently and walked off with about 150 phones. Leaving Disney with about 20. The theory is that they will try to jailbreak them and resell them.
It’s possible. I know a while back they allowed guests to start using their own devices instead of the flip phones or whatever too.

Any idea if you can see the castle lit up on days the party closes the park at 6:00 to regular guests? The only options we have to go to MK are on Fri and Sun, both are party nights, but the kids want to see the castle lit up.
Usually they light it up when it gets dark out. I’m not sure if that means they wait until the party though. I’d imagine you’d have a chance to see it but not sure.

Any idea if you can see the castle lit up on days the party closes the park at 6:00 to regular guests? The only options we have to go to MK are on Fri and Sun, both are party nights, but the kids want to see the castle lit up.

Elsa lights up the castle for the first time each night, so it all depends on how they schedule the show those nights

Caught this in the text: " Sadly, Florida is falling further behind as their delayed start, hurricanes and even their own Reedy Creek Improvement District are all working against them."

this is obviously counter to what was reported earlier this week (I think via Jim Hill and they relayed on DSNY) that Florida was catching up and perhaps a push to get it open the same time as California

I didn't really buy that but now Micechat is commenting that even further behind

Under news of the weird. I just got a create your own figment email from the imagination pavillion in epcot. I created it on our trip in February of 2017. That's quite the back log.

Under news of the weird. I just got a create your own figment email from the imagination pavillion in epcot. I created it on our trip in February of 2017. That's quite the back log.

I received the same thing last night, but mine was originally from Dec 2015.

Don't get me wrong, Battlefront II looks great and will probably improve upon all the issues with Battlefront I. But gamers knew Battlefront was going to be a multi-player focused micro-transaction fest ... I'm OK with that.

Amy Hennig and Naughty dog have created some of the most emotional gaming experiences and pushed gaming as an art form. When EA brought Hennig in to work on a Star Wars game with Visceral they knew they wanted a cinematic single-player experience. This was a dream project to combine Uncharted's style with Star Wars and could have been the greatest Star Wars game ever. EA then canned Visceral taking the tech assets to re-purpose them? EA bait and switched 'Uncharted' into what will probably become a 'Destiny' Star Wars clone that they will monetize for years.

EA has a long history destroying of gaming as an art in the name of business, but this may have been the last straw for me

The Last Of Us is my favorite game of the 360/PS3 generation by far.

Completely unrelated but any discussion about this article anywhere?

http://themeparkuniversity.com/univ...dos-secret-face-recognition-program-revealed/

It seems if (and a big if when looking at Volcano Bay) they could pull this off it would be incredible. Really enjoyed reading this article and the potential ways to market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter