News Round Up 2017

Ah create your own Figment. Ol' Farter is still my favorite. He's seem better days, for sure. But he's still got a smile on his face.

The Last Of Us is my favorite game of the 360/PS3 generation by far.

Completely unrelated but any discussion about this article anywhere?

http://themeparkuniversity.com/univ...dos-secret-face-recognition-program-revealed/

It seems if (and a big if when looking at Volcano Bay) they could pull this off it would be incredible. Really enjoyed reading this article and the potential ways to market.

Interesting read.

They mention that Disney can't track you outside of your FP's, but I don't think that's entirely true.

I know certain rides have the MYMagic feature or whatever its called where the queue interactive elements will pick up your MagicBand data to display. For example last weekend while in the regular Queue for RocknRollercoaster, the interactive posters put up my name as well as my daughters, plus the town listed on our MDE. So they definitely have readers set up, and I highly doubt they aren't everywhere.....

I did a little drinking around the world on Sunday.....Beer prices certainly seem up about $1 or $2 pretty much everywhere at the world showcase compared to past years.

I feel like WDW is starting to pull itself out of restaurant slump in this new surge on building. Just like the gift shops, I think there are starting to see that the generic one size fits all entrees are not the path to easy profits. Wonder if the restaurants have any incentive to compete against each other internally? They aren't there yet, but it certainly looks like the chefs are starting to get a little more control from the bean counters.

The old one had some games and shopping as well.

I guess the new version will just have more?

Still seems like a concept that already failed.

Perhaps WDW's version really will be that much better.

I guess we will find out in 2 years...

ABC/ESPN significantly overpaid for the NBA TV rights...and this is not helped by a flagging ratings trend. So I guess it makes sense that they would try to utilize all their entities to try to create whatever possible interest they can in the NBA...though I doubt this will help much. I don't see the NBA ever returning to the popularity it enjoyed in the 80's and 90's.

ABC/ESPN significantly overpaid for the NBA TV rights...and this is not helped by a flagging ratings trend. So I guess it makes sense that they would try to utilize all their entities to try to create whatever possible interest they can in the NBA...though I doubt this will help much. I don't see the NBA ever returning to the popularity it enjoyed in the 80's and 90's.

Agree. There was only one Mike Jeffrey Jordan!

Seems ok, and decent # of beers, though nothing super unique. Wish a place like that had some rotating taps though (and maybe they will when it opens) to have some more unique options

Most usually do. I like to try the rotators at Hole in the wall, but end up back at some of my fave's by the time Happy hour is over.

Usually they light it up when it gets dark out. I’m not sure if that means they wait until the party though. I’d imagine you’d have a chance to see it but not sure.

Park doesn't close to outside guests until 7 PM, though rides close a 6 PM. Once the time change hits, they'll likely do the castle lighting at 5:30 or 6 PM.

I considered making this a request. You win the internet for today @TheMaxRebo. You should post that on twitter, that's viral worthy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter