News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those who have seen Incredibles 2: I've been hearing really good things, except for one review I read this morning that said it wasn't so much a sequel as a replay of the first film. Sound fair??

I don't think I would go that far - I mean, definitely similar plot elements and tone (I think given that there was a 13 year gap the fact they were able to maintain a similar tone I think is amazing).

I guess I could see someone thinking that - but I mean, you could say Finding Dory is a replay of Finding Nemo if you wanted to as well

Just got back from the incredibles; it was a packed theater! Guessing it will have a really good box office weekend. The Disney previews that played were Wreck It Ralph and Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh looked really cute for families; we will definitely be seeing this one.
Not sure why my theatre didn't play a trailer for Winnie the Pooh. That would have been fun to see.
Trying to remember what we saw: Wreck it Ralph, Bumblebee, The Grinch, How to Train Your Dragon, Dog Days. (may have been one more)

Question for those who have seen Incredibles 2: I've been hearing really good things, except for one review I read this morning that said it wasn't so much a sequel as a replay of the first film. Sound fair??
Not as blatant as say Star Wars a Force Awakens versus A New Hope, but the as others have said .. it has the same tone .. the bad guy has similar motivation as Syndrome, but a whole different reasoning.

To me it all works out since no time passes between the end of the first and the beginning of the second .. so it feels more like a continuation than just a "sequel".

Definitely interesting what this could mean, especially with the potential of adopting a dynamic pricing model similar to airlines, in which prices fluctuate depending on when a ticket is purchased ... or could they go to something like they do with the cruise line where it starts at one price the day sales open and then as the ship fills up they increase the prices (more or less depending on how fill they get)

Just a matter of time until tickets look like room rates and flights. January becoming one of the busiest months also shows people are comfortable moving vacations in non-traditional times (according to Touringplans)

and I can just imagine the craziness of people on the boards here for when the next years packages, etc. can be booked if that opening day is also the cheapest price you can ever get ... and how insane that will be for travel agencies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter