News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I did mostly for the trading and collecting aspect. But I do think in the back of my mind I thought I always could sell them. For a few years the market for some of them was pretty good.

Just have to buy the actual limited release stuff from large following properties, if there's a large number sold, it won't be worth anything for a very long time. Things like the giant Hitchhiking Ghost statues are worth way more than what they sold for, partially because the vast majority broke during shipment.

Nope.

But looks like October 16 is when dynamic pricing on multi day tickets will be here.
Yep, just got my email. The specific time frames for usage aren't great for those who like to have non-park days (which I'm sure is the point).

ETA: Nevermind, looks like the fine print took care of that issue. Valid for which time period is longer: use period described in policy or your resort stay.

I just read and watched the video from Disney Parks blog and it looks like you have to use your tickets on the days you select from the interactive calendar.
I had visions immediately of the lines at guest services, phone waits, and a million threads on boards about people trying to change their ticket dates...

I'm also curious how low the tickets are in February and March because based on the video those are the cheapest months in 2019.

I certainly didn’t buy them for the value and resale. If I could go back I probably wouldn’t buy nearly as many though.

This from Mr. "Oh no I bought another Magic Band." :goodvibes

Posted yet?

Mon, September 24, 2018
Walt Disney World Resort Introduces New Online Destination For Vacation Planning, Date-Based Tickets

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-based-tickets/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0920180019A

So much the the slow news day. I'll take my comments to the other thread!

Posted yet?

Mon, September 24, 2018
Walt Disney World Resort Introduces New Online Destination For Vacation Planning, Date-Based Tickets

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-based-tickets/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q4wo0920180019A
From WDWNT:

Tickets related to a particular park will be retired as part of these changes, so there will be no more 1-day Magic Kingdom-only tickets offered. Everything is back to one price.

Under the new system, 1-Day base tickets are valid for admission on the specific start date selected. Multi-day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period, as indicated below:

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket Only the start date selected
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on the start date
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on the start date
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date

From WDWNT:

Tickets related to a particular park will be retired as part of these changes, so there will be no more 1-day Magic Kingdom-only tickets offered. Everything is back to one price.

Under the new system, 1-Day base tickets are valid for admission on the specific start date selected. Multi-day tickets are valid for admission beginning on the start date selected and must be used within a limited time period, as indicated below:

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket Only the start date selected
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on the start date
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on the start date
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date
8-Day Ticket Any 8 days within 12 days beginning on the start date
9-Day Ticket Any 9 days within 13 days beginning on the start date
10-Day Ticket Any 10 days within 14 days beginning on the start date
No more one day Magic Kingdom tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter