News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask them to sub the sprouts. They are hugely accommodating at Tiffins. My 12 year old son loves the wagyu and complains about the quality of beef when he gets any other steak:sad2: Should have never let him get that disho_O

Your 12 year old is correct...there are no cuts of steak that match wagyu steak, especially if they were using wagyu tenderloin.

Last edited:
I used to not like them but we started making them by heavily roasting them in the oven and then adding maple syrup - and they are delicious!

I am a fan of any sprouts preparation so long as they are served really, really hot--older son does a great job frying halved sprouts in olive oil, onion and garlic (though I might prefer butter if it can take the heat). The minute they cool even the least little bit I pass them to the dog, who will play with them.

Belgium, however, I am totally against, regardless of temperature.

I am a fan of any sprouts preparation so long as they are served really, really hot--older son does a great job frying halved sprouts in olive oil, onion and garlic (though I might prefer butter if it can take the heat). The minute they cool even the least little bit I pass them to the dog, who will play with them.

Belgium, however, I am totally against, regardless of temperature.

Try frying in bacon grease instead. It can take the heat where butter and olive oil cannot.

Thank you so much for the love, everyone! I’ve really missed this community! :grouphug:

Side note, has Disney made the official announcement about Rafiki’s Planet Watch yet? Kinda bummed I’ll miss out on my next trip.

Interesting that it has the “g”.

Tokyo always celebrates Easter really well too.

Shanghai also has g in there name as well. I'm very happy its going to be different than the rest of the soarins. I also really want to go to Toyko Disney for Easter, looks awesome!

News

"Soaring: Fantastic Flight" is opening summer 2019 at Tokyo DisneySea with original scenes and new visual images.
List of exciting offerings coming to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea in fiscal year 2019: http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20180927_01e/main/0/link/20180927_01e.pdf

Interesting that it has the “g”.

Tokyo always celebrates Easter really well too.

also a very different looking logo - more fanciful, so I wonder if the scenes chosen will also be more fanciful / less realistic

...hmmm, maybe "less realistic" will make the bending Eiffel Tower work better ;)

News

"Soaring: Fantastic Flight" is opening summer 2019 at Tokyo DisneySea with original scenes and new visual images.
List of exciting offerings coming to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea in fiscal year 2019: http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/news_tdr/20180927_01e/main/0/link/20180927_01e.pdf
Not sure the mechanics of Soarin' (at WDW) ..but could they just replace the video with others? Maybe even make it random like Star Tours where you don't know which Soarin' experience you will get?

It feels like these screen-based attractions could be easily changed for new experiences every few years . *shrug*

It drives a lot of money into the resorts for people to stay on cash. EMH and FP+ 60 are the biggest selling points for staying on site. Take those away and what's the incentive?

Except that now you can stay at select offsite hotels that are MUCH cheaper and still get those benefits.

NEWS

2019 Military Ticket offer details out:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets-2019/

Choose between a Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket or a 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket. The Park Hopper Option is included, so you can come and go as you please at all 4 theme parks each day of your ticket! If you’re looking for a little extra magic, add the Park Hopper Plus Option for $50 more, plus tax.

The promotional tickets below are available for purchase:

• 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Option for $241 plus tax (up $15 from last year)
  • 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Option $257 plus tax (up $11 from last year)
  • 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option $291 plus tax
  • 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket with the Park Hopper Plus Option $307 plus tax
Purchase 5-Day Military Promotional Tickets now through December 15, 2019 and 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets now through December 16, 2019. Receive admission for 5 days or 4 days when you visit during the period from January 1, 2019 through December 19, 2019.

You can also purchase the Memory Maker product for a special price of $98 from January 1, 2019 through December 19, 2019.

Thanks for sharing that last point - I haven’t seen it without the actors but my feels are that it would be similar to you describe

This one just seems odd to me as how much is that really going to save? And this was to be a big part of the enabling AK to be an evening park as well.

Like I get closing down Rafiki’s planet watch - lot of area to maintain, the train to maintain, quite a few CMs, and, to be honest, while I know some people that really liked it, it wasn’t a draw to the park. So while I might not like that it is closing, I get it.

This one is more puzzling as the scale of cost savings vs impact of making a signature component a lesser experience doesn’t seem to be there to me

We really liked Rafiki's planet. It appears they are moving away from real animals and replacing them with fake ones. There are only a few real animal experiences left.Too bad considering it is the Animal Kingdom. I thought it was supposed to be about real animal education.
It will be interesting to see what they do with the space. :flower1:

We really liked Rafiki's planet. It appears they are moving away from real animals and replacing them with fake ones. There are only a few real animal experiences left.Too bad considering it is the Animal Kingdom. I thought it was supposed to be about real animal education.
The building itself is staying. They need it for the animal care facilities there. The guest areas will be used for events when needed.

Well, they still have a lot of animals with the safari and the trails and on Discovery Island, etc. - we'll have to see what does replace this (they did add in fake animals with Pandora, but that replaced Mickey & Minnie's Camp so weren't really animals there to begin with ... not really sure how many real animals have been removed since the park opened)

But the ability to watch the procedures and see the medical facilities, etc. I think was a different angle to the education element that if totally removed (ore at least the ability for guests to view them) will be missed

Not sure the mechanics of Soarin' (at WDW) ..but could they just replace the video with others? Maybe even make it random like Star Tours where you don't know which Soarin' experience you will get?

It feels like these screen-based attractions could be easily changed for new experiences every few years . *shrug*

They could replace the video, they've already did that once but I don't see them changing Epcot's anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter