News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read about a rumor of the Clown at BWV being replaced by Dumbo. In all fairness the source was a lifeguard.

I don't keep up as much, has this been discussed? That clown is creepy.

Have not heard that one - but can see some logic behind it - though not sure if seeing people thrown up by Dumbo is much better than by a clown

Just saw this: Details released for new Millenium Falcon Ride.

(@rteetz, please delete if it is not appropriate to share here as it's another blogger.)

How many simulators is this supposed to have? It seems like the old construction pictures showed 3, is that right? I would assume the ride will be somewhere between 4-6 minutes long. So the hourly capacity would be somewhere around 1,200. That seems somewhat low. Maybe I’m remembering wrong and there are 4, bringing it closer to 1,600.

How many simulators is this supposed to have? It seems like the old construction pictures showed 3, is that right? I would assume the ride will be somewhere between 4-6 minutes long. So the hourly capacity would be somewhere around 1,200. That seems somewhat low. Maybe I’m remembering wrong and there are 4, bringing it closer to 1,600.

7 pods on each turntable and there are 4 turntables. And each cabin holds 6 people AP max would be 168 people riding at one time

I wasn't sure. I know I got an audition notice back when all of that was developing but I couldn't remember if it was for Rivers of Light or the temporary Jungle Book show. Sounds like it was the latter...probably for the vocalists.

Back when I worked at Disney World, I know the Tumble Monkeys in Festival of the Lion King were Equity. (I dated a Tumble Monkey. I also dated a Monkey Keeper. Not sure what says about me. hehe)
I guess your just a caged monkey:confused3..Would u like a ---->:banana:?.....LoL:stir::teeth:

Proximity to the parks, plus the convenience of not having to drive, and getting dropped off near the park entrance.
See those things didn't matter to us. We actually prefer to drive on vacation...no seriously we do. Having just got back from Jamaica it was a pain, a real pain, relying and paying for transportation and while I know DME is not an additional cost and Disney transportation is not an additional cost there's issues with those in regards to time spent waiting.

It annoyed us that we couldn't just get in a rental car and go while in Jamaica. Would have loved to just explore like we did in Hawaii taking a drive around the island though Jamaica lacks signage overall as well as many other things.

What I will say is with offsite those "free" shuttles aren't necessarily convenient. That's the things I likely won't really do or want to do in the future. I'd rather drive myself on my timetable. Our 2011 trip was offsite with free shuttles and we ended up driving several days anyways.

We normally always stay on property.
Ahh that likely impacts your viewpoint.

What a hassle to drive to the parks,
It's really not a hassle at all to us at least but that's purely personal preference.. The only place it became an issue was with MK when they changed the traffic pattern overnight and the way we went the day before was not the way we went the next day. Oh and the other time their sign directing to parking got knocked over and we missed it the first time

pay the $22 for parking
Well see now with the parking fee for onsite stay it factors into things. It would add up for sure to pay at WDW but that just becomes factored in.

get directed to park in a specific spot even though there are much better/closer spots available
That doesn't bother us really. We encounter it many other places on vacation and everyday life.

then tram/walk in the heat to the park entrance.
You'd be waiting outside in the heat for your transportation like a bus to get to the parks and honestly the wait for the trams on average is probably less than the wait you'd experience waiting for a bus or boats. Even during the lowest of crowds during Irma nearly every single time they had a tram ready and waiting for the cars that were parking and getting out. We loved hopping in the car crank the AC on and go and be able to do that at the end of the night too. The parking trams getting to the parks and from the parks were pretty darn efficient in our personal experience.

We missed just hopping on Disney Transportation from/back to our resort badly the entire time.
I will admit going back to the resort isn't as easy when you're far enough away. Us? With our traveling style presently we didn't take mid-day breaks. I had built that in when the in-laws were going but after they backed out for stamina that was out.

Combine that with lousy FP+ availability at 30 days
Since I don't have any experience with FP at 30days I can't comment so much on that. That's why it made my number 1 ranking for onsite; whereas for you it was #4 behind Disney Transportation / Convenience, Magical Express and 180+10 for ADRs

no DME when getting off plane so having to retrieve luggage and then get rental car
Not a big issue at all for us. We do it everywhere else and it's not a big deal. I will say I do like Avis Preferred when we book with Avis so you can most of the time skip the counter and go onto your rental car.

we basically came to the conclusion of "Never again" when it comes to staying off-site.
Hey at least you know.

All in all we value different things which is completely fine. Didn't want this to become a big tangent just thought it was interesting your list in comparison to my list. With 3 things to entice me to stay onsite versus exploring the nearly endless hotels out in the Orlando area and Universal's hotels getting rid of 1 of them can really impact our decision for us.

I love it too. My favorite dish was the strip loin and purple potatoes. I’m sad to see that go. I would definitely get the new steak dish but I’m not a fan of brussels.

Hmmm, Odd, What don't you like about Belgium? :teeth:LoL....They do have a great F&W booth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter